XCOM 2
[WOTC] Advent Purge Unit
Alpha115  [developer] 8 Sep, 2022 @ 3:39pm
Enemy Feedback Discussion
Here is a place to give enemy balance feedback. Does any enemy do to much damage? To little? Place such opinions here. I hope to improve the mod over time, and feedback is vital to that.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
45fg45 9 Sep, 2022 @ 12:06am 
Can you re texture chosen bullpup (chosen hero wep. mod) & chosen cannon (chosen reward variety mod) to visual improve (& distinct) your purge troops, or not?
Last edited by 45fg45; 9 Sep, 2022 @ 12:10am
Alpha115  [developer] 9 Sep, 2022 @ 12:10am 
Gonna say no since I did not make those mods and taking another mod authors assets without permission is a big no to me. Also even if I got permission I cannot do textures/modeling stuff. I'd need someone else to do that.
45fg45 9 Sep, 2022 @ 12:11am 
Okay
Stukov81-T.TV 23 Sep, 2022 @ 2:58pm 
So far I really enjoy the Purge Legion as I call it. They are tough but not totally overwhelming
Alpha115  [developer] 23 Sep, 2022 @ 5:01pm 
Good to hear. I hope they provide a fun experience to all future campaigns.
Gabriel Cooper 6 Nov, 2022 @ 1:04pm 
i know i have been very critical of the mod, but i just wanted to say i do really love it.

honestly after thinking about it, i think the one change i would personally love to happen is removing blast padding from them, at least from most of the soldiers, the heavy purge dude can keep it.

i feel like the fire immunity is strong enough that explosion immunity on top feels like overkill.
Alpha115  [developer] 6 Nov, 2022 @ 2:08pm 
Originally posted by Gabriel Cooper:
i know i have been very critical of the mod, but i just wanted to say i do really love it.

honestly after thinking about it, i think the one change i would personally love to happen is removing blast padding from them, at least from most of the soldiers, the heavy purge dude can keep it.

i feel like the fire immunity is strong enough that explosion immunity on top feels like overkill.

So looking at the code, The Tier 2/3 purge Trooper, Purge Commando, Purge MEC and Tier 2/3 Purge Heavies have blast padding. All other units do not have it. So out of the mod only 4/9 enemies types have it. I mainly have blast padding on these particular units since they are the more heavy duty units looks wise. Also to reduce the power of explosives against them as blast padding does not give them explosive immunity it reduces explosive damage by 33 percent. If you have a mod that makes blast padding gives explosive immunity that might be a problem, I'd recommend not using that kind of mod.
Alpha115  [developer] 6 Nov, 2022 @ 2:09pm 
However I am also thinking of adding a new item to the mod to give blind immunity or to at least remove blind. Since several units can inflict blind on Xcom.
Gabriel Cooper 6 Nov, 2022 @ 2:20pm 
Originally posted by Alpha115:

So looking at the code, The Tier 2/3 purge Trooper, Purge Commando, Purge MEC and Tier 2/3 Purge Heavies have blast padding. All other units do not have it. So out of the mod only 4/9 enemies types have it. I mainly have blast padding on these particular units since they are the more heavy duty units looks wise. Also to reduce the power of explosives against them as blast padding does not give them explosive immunity it reduces explosive damage by 33 percent. If you have a mod that makes blast padding gives explosive immunity that might be a problem, I'd recommend not using that kind of mod.

The issue is that those units are also immune to fire, meaning that it pretty much completely disables flamethrower based characters. plus those are the two easier types of aoe damage that xcom has access too.

it just feels like they have too many strong immunities, one of those would be hard enough to deal with but two just means every fight with them is such a headache inducing thing.

they reeeeeally need some kinda strong weakness imo, either taking double damage from acid and poison, or maybe freezes on them lasting twice as long, maybe some kinda lightning weakness or smt, or hell even just taking extra damage when under mental effects or some reeeeally low will stats (so they are vulnerable to psi attacks) would go a long way, because at least then you can counter them.
Stukov81-T.TV 6 Nov, 2022 @ 2:27pm 
giving them too big a weakness makes them irrelevant though. a small weakness like the electricity one is fine. but double damage from poison or acid? that just makes them irrelevant past the very early game. But of course many people relied on just using guaranteed high damage of grenades to deal with most things ...
Gabriel Cooper 6 Nov, 2022 @ 2:32pm 
Originally posted by Stukov81-T.TV:
giving them too big a weakness makes them irrelevant though. a small weakness like the electricity one is fine. but double damage from poison or acid? that just makes them irrelevant past the very early game. But of course many people relied on just using guaranteed high damage of grenades to deal with most things ...
true true, i just think they are very stacked offensively and have some really strong immunities/resistances, it could be cool if they took like, 20% more damage from other damage types instead of having one big weakness.

so while explosions and fire is a no go, electricity, acid and poison would be a advantage over them.

just my 2 cents.
Alpha115  [developer] 6 Nov, 2022 @ 2:40pm 
Originally posted by Stukov81-T.TV:
true true, i just think they are very stacked offensively and have some really strong immunities/resistances, it could be cool if they took like, 20% more damage from other damage types instead of having one big weakness.

so while explosions and fire is a no go, electricity, acid and poison would be a advantage over them.

just my 2 cents.

The Purge Cyborg and Purge Mec are weak to electricity. Granted only the purge mec has resistance to explosives. The other purge units if using a mod with frost gear you can easily CC them with that. As for will stats most of the purge unit have similar Will stats to a basic Advent trooper, with the purge cyborg, purge commando and purge sectoid being the exceptions to that. Also feel free to use the dark fog grenades against the purge unit, they are not immune to blind.
TheFunnyOne1125 1 Feb, 2023 @ 4:44pm 
Purge Sectoid hit me pretty hard. The guaranteed hits are pretty tough. I guess you have to close the distance pretty quick, but honestly don't know much about balance.
diringed 16 Feb, 2023 @ 4:39am 
The Purge Cyborg MK-3 is immune to EMP Bombs. Not sure if a bug or intended (how?).
Alpha115  [developer] 16 Feb, 2023 @ 3:32pm 
Originally posted by diringed:
The Purge Cyborg MK-3 is immune to EMP Bombs. Not sure if a bug or intended (how?).
That is most definitely unintended. I will work on figuring that out.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50