Total War: WARHAMMER III

Total War: WARHAMMER III

SFO: Grimhammer III
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Venris  [developer] 11 Apr, 2022 @ 1:12am
BUG Thread
Please report bugs here. Remember that context and every detail of your load order and situation in game is very important for us. Thank you!

ALWAYS WRITE WHAT MODS YOU ARE USING BEFORE POSTING!

DO NOT REPORT BUG OR BALANCE ISSUES, UNLESS YOU HAVE TESTED SFO WITH NO OTHER MODS ENABLED - EXCEPT FOR SFO AND IT'S COMPATIBLE SUBMODS! If you are experiencing CTD/crashes, strange unit stats (oh no my RoR, Grail Knights etc are low hp!), improper campaign mechanics, and other oddities, then you are suffering from MODITIS. A lot of people aren't getting the true SFO experience, due to mod incompatibilities and don't know even know it.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS <--- CHECK THIS BEFORE POSTING. IF YOUR QUESTION WILL BE HERE, YOU BUY ME A BEER!

AUTORESOLVE CANT BE ADJUSTED FOR SPECIFIC FACTION OR UNIT. THINGS THAT CAN BE CHANGED AFFECT EVERYONE AT ONCE SO POSTS ABOUT SPECIFIC FACTION ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE IGNORED OR REMOVED!

IF YOU CANT LAUNCH THE MOD

It is recommended to not use dx12, also make sure you didn't opt in to beta versions then forgotten about it and you aren't using incompatible mods. Official SFO Collection is just a list for containing existing submods for this mod and it isn't meant to work, so don't click subscribe to all in that collection!

If you had participated in one of the SFO betas before make sure you have deleted them from your data folder, and keep in mind that Mac and Linux users are having issues with mods since release of Vampire Coast!

~Check other mods

Try to launch SFO mod without any other mods first.

~Resub

Simply unsubscribe from the mod. Launch game without any mods and make sure that SFO is not showing in mod manager anymore. After that subscribe to mod again.

~Clear your launcher folder

Hold windows key + R and type %appdata% this will take you to roaming, from there find The Creative Assembly folder and delete launcher folder located inside.

~Delete your workshop files

Sometimes unsubscribing won't solve things so you can try deleting the existing mod files to force steam to download fresh one!

Just go to the following folder; Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\594570 and search a key word of the mod (in our case, overhaul) right click on the file, select open file location and delete all the files there. If you don't have too many mods (or good internet speed) you can just delete the whole 594570 folder!

~Verify your files

On Steam library right click the game, then go to properties>local files>verify integrity of game files.

~Use Kaedrin's Mod Manager

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1399787504

~Still not working

If nothing helped from that list please come to our discord server for more help https://discord.gg/9XNRrXu

COMMENTS POSTED BOTH HERE AND ON MAIN PAGE WILL BE REMOVED

Last edited by Venris; 2 Oct, 2023 @ 6:25am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,556 comments
Bemon 18 Apr, 2022 @ 5:23pm 
Didn't really know if this was the right spot to post this but Skarbrand is a bit derpy against small lords as he just runs at them now and does his charging attack set even if they're standing still trying to fight him, haven't tested any other large lords against smaller lords yet.
Jake Baldwin 23 Apr, 2022 @ 7:56am 
One issue that I have run into is when I disable the mod the unit sizes get stuck, even when I disabled and deleted the mod they wouldn't change.
Venris  [developer] 23 Apr, 2022 @ 8:28am 
@Big Bear Rising: its not a bug. Unit size change require to start new campaign.
Jake Baldwin 23 Apr, 2022 @ 8:46am 
I don't know if it's the mod or not but now I can't change unit sizes at all. Even for custom battles.
Venris  [developer] 23 Apr, 2022 @ 9:02am 
No mod is able to do such thing.
Jake Baldwin 23 Apr, 2022 @ 12:39pm 
I reinstalled it and it still persists, so I guess its the game.
Wuorg 28 Apr, 2022 @ 8:09pm 
Bug: Some Lore Passives seem to cancel themselves immediately after going into effect.

Context: Playing Kairos with many lore passives unlocked through his skill tree. Upon casting a spell, only a couple lore passives stick around after casting. The rest of the effects show up on the side of the unit card like you expect, but then disappear less than a second later. Specifically, Life Blood and Fires of Change were the only ones I noticed working properly (of the ones I had unlocked for Kairos).

My Fix: In the unit_special_abilities_tables file, I unchecked the box under "Updates Target Every Frame" for each broken passive and that fixed it for me (as far as I can tell). However, I am a complete noob and am not sure if this is the proper way to fix the bug or not!
Venris  [developer] 28 Apr, 2022 @ 11:51pm 
@Wuorg: I will fix it, thank you.
Tex 29 Apr, 2022 @ 12:23am 
Ungrim Ironfist is not loading on the game map or character windows

https://imgur.com/BfVjr6x
https://imgur.com/aha9Dl9

I started a new game without SFO and hes loaded.

He was working fine yesterday.
Last edited by Tex; 29 Apr, 2022 @ 12:27am
Venris  [developer] 29 Apr, 2022 @ 12:37am 
@Tex: Already fixed and uploaded.
VirtualFuN 2 May, 2022 @ 2:05pm 
Ogres' passive ability "Bloodgruel" does not work.
Venris  [developer] 2 May, 2022 @ 2:30pm 
@virtualfun: Seems its vanilla bug, fixing.
Venris  [developer] 8 May, 2022 @ 12:06pm 
@Veyrron Veta: "- Celestial Dragon Guard; number of entities changed to 80 (from 100)." It should be 80, not 100.
Paulinou 18 May, 2022 @ 11:47am 
In Boris Ursus campaign, clicking on the lord's recruitement button in a city cause the game to freeze then crash (i waited a few minutes but no response). No mods exept yours and my game is in French.
Venris  [developer] 18 May, 2022 @ 12:02pm 
@Paulinou | Павел: Checked, no crash. Check your file integrity.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,556 comments
Per page: 1530 50