Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Sleeping Bags and Attachments
Requiem 15 Apr, 2022 @ 2:52pm
Attached Container Bug
Tested with the following mods only enabled: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2794915669

Spawned 1 Large Backpack +2 attachments and 2 First Aid Kits. Green vanilla one and FirstAidKit2.

First added one bandage to each kit and verified I was able to remove.

Attached vanilla kit to Backpack attachment point, container was still displaying in inventory.

No longer able to remove bandage, equipping and removing kit via hotbar key cycles between Backpack and "On Back" attachment option.

Trying to remove item from kit generates a bugged action in the live log: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2794917334

FirstAidKit2 was not attached at any point, confirmed it is still able to be accessed to remove bandage.
Last edited by Requiem; 15 Apr, 2022 @ 2:54pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Smokin' Joe  [developer] 15 Apr, 2022 @ 4:19pm 
Ok, I see I must have been fiddling with the script and pushed it out by mistake. Basically, the kits/boxes shouldn't stay attached from the hotkey (as the boxes are replaced to fix the weight bug) when there isn't a replacement box on the back already ... however, removing the box from the attachment point manually (right clicking and clicking remove) will replace the box with a non-bugged one, for now until I push the next update. The weight bug appears from something in the core game. When containers are attached, their weight begins to match the player weight, even once it's left their inventories. It's quite odd. My mod has a script that does it's best to replace these, but the moment they become attached again, the weight bug reappears.
Smokin' Joe  [developer] 15 Apr, 2022 @ 6:49pm 
I think I've found an even better fix at this point that gets rid of the attached container bug altogether, after a dive into the java classes.
Requiem 16 Apr, 2022 @ 6:10am 
The weight bug seems to be fixed, but attaching a First Aid Kit to a backpack still renders all the items inaccessible.
pipizinho 14 May, 2022 @ 4:43pm 
hey the mod seem's to work, but i cant see the items visually attached to the backpack
Shadow 18 Jul, 2022 @ 8:21am 
having the issue of the attached first aid kit :/
Plague Head 15 Dec, 2022 @ 12:56am 
I have also been having a similar issue, after attaching the med-kit from by back to my bag, it locked several important items within the medical kit. haven't found a solution to the issue in game however

Edit: quitting the game and re-entering with the Med-kit in my secondary fixed the issue, perhaps the bug is somewhere between the swap between the "on back" state and the "attached" state?
Last edited by Plague Head; 15 Dec, 2022 @ 1:00am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50