Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

[DEPRECATED] Prop Anarchy 0.7.6
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Quistar  [developer] 8 Jan, 2022 @ 7:49pm
Please post your issues here
The comment section is really just too short for most people to describe their issues in detail. So I've created this section for you to type out a more descriptive detail of your issue(s) you're encoutering.

When posting errors, please share your files:
  • output_log.txt
  • 00PropAnarchyDebug.txt
  • oEManagersDebug.txt
These files can be located in:
[Your steam installation directory]\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\

If you don't know how to share your files, here are some good reads to learn how to share your files, its really as easy as posting on facebook, and leaving comments in steam workshop.
How to share using Microsoft's OneDrive[support.microsoft.com]
How to share using Dropbox[help.dropbox.com]
How to share using Google Drive[support.google.com]

If you want to learn more about file sharing, this wiki is a good source[en.wikipedia.org] and there's also a list of all file sharing services with detailed comparison list at this wiki link[en.wikipedia.org]

Lastly, please be a bit more descriptive about your issue. Leaving a message like "This mod crashed my simulation", or "It's not working" is meaningless, and only tells me that the mod doesn't work for you, and will be a waste of your time and mine.

Last lastly, it's always best to use some of the collections available that's already been tested to work. And always try to start a new game and see if it works, when you fail to load your game save, to make sure that it is indeed a mod/asset issue, as sometimes removing mods will cause that game save to not work at all.
Last edited by Quistar; 8 Jan, 2022 @ 7:54pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 124 comments
Keallu 11 Jan, 2022 @ 6:29am 
@Quistar: In my work on updating Watch It! I was this error in the output_log.txt:

IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\00PropAnarchyDebug.log
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at PropAnarchy.PAModule.CreateDebugFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PropAnarchy.PAModule..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
PropAnarchy.PAModule:.ctor()
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo:Invoke(Object[])
ColossalFramework.Plugins.PluginInfo:CreateInstance(ConstructorInfo)
ColossalFramework.Plugins.PluginInfo:get_userModInstance()
ColossalFramework.Plugins.PluginManager:AddPlugins(Dictionary`2)
ColossalFramework.Plugins.PluginManager:LoadPlugins()
Starter:Awake()

I'm pretty sure Watch It! has nothing to do with this.

The 00PropAnarchyDebug.log is empty except the header.

The oEManagersDebug.txt looks like this:

--- Extended Managers 1.0.3 Debug File ---
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19044.0
C# CLR Version 2.0.50727.1433
Unity Version 5.6.7f1
-------------------------------------
124:8590074-Awake ==> Setting Prop Buffer to 262144
0:8798751-Awake ==> Setting Prop Buffer to 262144
0:8643946-Awake ==> Setting Prop Buffer to 262144

The EML throws a Sharing violation too which might be related.

I hope this will help you.
Quistar  [developer] 11 Jan, 2022 @ 6:54am 
As far as I know, Sharing violation occurs when one program opened a file, and another program tries to open the same file, which means you probably have two or more Prop Anarchy installed, and they're both trying to access "00PropAnarchyDebug.log" file. The other less likely possibility is that the file has certain permission setting set to it, causing Prop Anarchy to fail at opening it.
As to your EML log file, you should only see one line of "Awake ==> Setting Prop buffer to 262144". Seeing three lines means three EML instances are saying they've set the prop buffer limit.

My best guess is that you've got multiple Prop Anarchy and EML installed in your system. Best you search through your directories and make sure only one of each mod is installed
Keallu 11 Jan, 2022 @ 8:24am 
Well, they are added from the workshop so only one instance should be added. I restart the game completely everytime before testing.

I will try some more.
Keallu 11 Jan, 2022 @ 8:47am 
I unsubbed and resubbed and now exceptions are gone. Sorry about that.
SanditeSpartan117 11 Jan, 2022 @ 2:58pm 
This isn't necessarily an issue, but maybe a bug, when planting trees down using any kind of brush or PLT, the forest resource is either invisible or missing. The only forest area resource I see is when I individually place down trees. It only started happening when I switched to your mods, I've been releasing and creating many maps before and this only happened when I started using your mods, which are great by the way!
Last edited by SanditeSpartan117; 11 Jan, 2022 @ 2:58pm
Quistar  [developer] 11 Jan, 2022 @ 3:58pm 
@SanditeSpartan117 Tree Anarchy is a mod that has a lot of features built in. One of the feature is to lock the creation of forestry resource creation, and it is set to enabled by default every time you load your game. It will be best if you can open Tree Anarchy's option panel and in there you will find an option called "Lock forestry".

Disabling "Lock Forestry" will allow the creation of forestry resources when you place trees in game. Enabling "Lock Forestry" will dis-allow the creation of forestry resources.

Now you may ask, why in the heck would anyone want this feature?
This is one critical feature for detailers, especially when detailing farms. When you create farm lands, you need to have fertile land in order for the farm land to function properly. But what if you wanted to plant trees around the farm? The trees would destroy the fertile land, and the more trees you plant, the less fertile the land becomes. So what to do? By using Tree Anarchy's Lock Forestry feature, you can start placing millions of trees on a fertile land without destroying the fertility.

You probably ask this question because you've never thought of planting trees on farms. On a side note, I've already written a detailed description of Lock Forestry on Tree Anarchy's discussion page. No idea how you came here to post this question LOL
SanditeSpartan117 11 Jan, 2022 @ 8:42pm 
Oh shoot, my bad buddy. I totally forgot about that :steamfacepalm:
LMB_123_space 15 Jan, 2022 @ 4:15am 
Somehow I can't place any tree props with anarchy after I move one tree with the move-it mod. eventhough prop anarchy is on I cant place trees 'on' roads anymore. don't now what causes it, I don't get any error message or something, the game just behaves like there is no prop/tree anarchy. It only happens when I use move it on a tree, moving roads does not cause this issue. I can still use other functionalities and place props but as I said only without the tree anarchy. Reloading a city doesn't fix the issue sadly.
I unsubscribed any mod I used before out of the list on the workshop page.
I hope this is enough information. I really like this mod though, it's much better then having to subscribe to a bunch of seperate mods to get the same functionality.
Also, I barely use workshop props, mainly some vehicles, billboards, and a few construction bits to add a little detail to my cities, everything else is vanilla appart from TMPE, loading screen, and a few roads and LUTS)
Last edited by LMB_123_space; 15 Jan, 2022 @ 4:27am
Quistar  [developer] 15 Jan, 2022 @ 7:21am 
Originally posted by anindrapratama:
some monolith props suddenly appeared and can't be removed or selected by move it and bulldozer
Ok!
Quistar  [developer] 15 Jan, 2022 @ 7:22am 
Originally posted by LMB_123_space:
Somehow I can't place any tree props with anarchy after I move one tree with the move-it mod. eventhough prop anarchy is on I cant place trees 'on' roads anymore. don't now what causes it, I don't get any error message or something, the game just behaves like there is no prop/tree anarchy. It only happens when I use move it on a tree, moving roads does not cause this issue. I can still use other functionalities and place props but as I said only without the tree anarchy. Reloading a city doesn't fix the issue sadly.
I unsubscribed any mod I used before out of the list on the workshop page.
I hope this is enough information. I really like this mod though, it's much better then having to subscribe to a bunch of seperate mods to get the same functionality.
Also, I barely use workshop props, mainly some vehicles, billboards, and a few construction bits to add a little detail to my cities, everything else is vanilla appart from TMPE, loading screen, and a few roads and LUTS)
Ok
Quistar  [developer] 15 Jan, 2022 @ 7:23am 
Originally posted by USU®:
The "Prop Snapping" setting is reset each time a save is loaded. Is that how it should be?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZrrUoU44j55QG9FG-HObzwTZ6VGkFAqk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fntsMDQnpUWf-XUOqhwSUn5PecBf9IVI/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QPeJd-jlmVMJYVl4Yidgyoc7E-r4_TNx/view?usp=sharing
Yes, I removed saving capability of these settings so that it synchronizes with Tree Anarchy. You probably have "Hide tree on load" setting enabled in Tree Anarchy. Otherwise, it'll default to "ON" on every load
Bazkur 21 Jan, 2022 @ 9:09am 
Getting a NullPointerException when loading any city (new or existing). I don't see where it is causing an actual issue, seems to work still I think. Drive files and error:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HOsHCpoeLrNhRFz8nt7eLKKTFw1dbMLd/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LHi2nDuLyWDQ4B6RcA9JqCwkZoKnQ2Lc/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGLLAe3C1uQLxDv8e8cn-v5ghvbOi7MJ/view?usp=sharing

The Mod G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\255710\2696146766 [PropAnarchy.dll] has caused an error [ModException]

Details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PropAnarchy.PAPainter.Initialize (SimulationManager) <0x00076>
at PropAnarchy.PAModule.OnLevelLoaded (ICities.LoadMode) <0x0054b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) LoadingWrapper.LoadingWrapper.OnLevelLoaded_Patch2 (LoadingWrapper,SimulationManager/UpdateMode) <0x000b9>
Quistar  [developer] 21 Jan, 2022 @ 11:39am 
Originally posted by Bazkur:
Getting a NullPointerException when loading any city (new or existing). I don't see where it is causing an actual issue, seems to work still I think. Drive files and error:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HOsHCpoeLrNhRFz8nt7eLKKTFw1dbMLd/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LHi2nDuLyWDQ4B6RcA9JqCwkZoKnQ2Lc/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGLLAe3C1uQLxDv8e8cn-v5ghvbOi7MJ/view?usp=sharing

The Mod G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\255710\2696146766 [PropAnarchy.dll] has caused an error [ModException]

Details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at (wrapper dynamic-method) LoadingWrapper.LoadingWrapper.OnLevelLoaded_Patch2 (LoadingWrapper,SimulationManager/UpdateMode) <0x000b9>

It seems you subscribed to EML but you didn't enable it.
Bazkur 22 Jan, 2022 @ 5:55am 
Originally posted by Quistar:
Originally posted by Bazkur:

Details:

It seems you subscribed to EML but you didn't enable it.

Shoot, that was it! Thanks
< >
Showing 1-15 of 124 comments
Per page: 1530 50