RimWorld

RimWorld

Kurin, The Three Tailed Fox [Deluxe Edition]
Mammary 24 Nov, 2022 @ 2:13am
Kurin Deluxe & Kurin HAR. Looking for opinions.
I am looking for some people who have played with both Kurin HAR and Kurin Deluxe to give me their opinions on the mods.

I love Kurin's and refuse to play rimworld without them. So I have a vested interest in picking which ever mod seems to have the most content; longevity; and compatibility with other mods.

I currently use Kurin HAR and had a lot of mods tied into it. Kurin Deluxe looks very tempting however. Maybe a bit more free form since it is not directly tied to the HAR system.

I just want your personal Pro's & Con's. The kind of information and experience you cannot get by glancing at a mod description.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Bouncy 26 Dec, 2022 @ 7:41am 
Late reply but Deluxe is pretty good and fits well into vanilla. Deluxe has a slightly different body model in order to somewhat fit vanilla clothing (the body models are slightly shorter/thiccer). Deluxe also has male Kurin, and has Kimiri. There's a lot of stuff in Deluxe and it's overall good. Some of the clothing like power armor etc feels out of place*. I think more stuff is still added to Deluxe though consistently.

Kurin HAR has the original body textures and works with NL experimental facial anim mod. Kurin HAR overall have far better looking eyes and facial animations imo. I made my own texture patch to fix the eyes on the Deluxe version, but it doesn't have the NL addon mod stuff which adds some extra expressions that are quite cute.

I haven't had a chance to play Biotech DLC extensively so I'm not sure what's integrated properly. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

TL;DR my opinion is that if you're not already accustomed to how the HAR version looks, I'd use Deluxe. A lot of the mod description is out of date/not relevant to the current version of Kurin HAR.

*Deluxe has a lot of optional bloat but I can totally understand where the dev is coming from. This is kind of their own personal mod that they publish for the community secondarily.
Last edited by Bouncy; 26 Dec, 2022 @ 7:44am
Yuka 31 Dec, 2022 @ 4:57am 
I like the content added but this mod also has it's own...quirks. Other than what the person above said,

If you have a kurin pawn and kurins are not a really big portion of your colony, they get the mood debuff "lack of kurins". Which is weird, since I love playing xenodiverse colonies and even have the xenodiversity precept in my ideology.

The kurins in this mod also get a massive, permanent -30 mood debuff if they are hostile to the kurin factions generated. The flavor text is "I'm a traitor..."

The only way for them to remove this debuff is for them to be in a faction that is not hostile to the kurin factions. I noticed this when I played with a mod with xenodiverse raider factions(So that I can capture prisoners from multiple races). This really bugs me. If the person has decided to be hostile to the faction, they don't necessarily have to feel bad about it, yeah?

Oh, and there's also a lack of options for "outer" layer clothing but a LOT of options for inner clothing...

But since it's this guy's personal mod, I have decided to live and let live.
Last edited by Yuka; 31 Dec, 2022 @ 4:58am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50