Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Background NPCs but it's a horror
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
[FG] Shark_vil  [developer] 22 Sep, 2021 @ 1:25pm
Bug report
You can report bugs here. If you want more support, you can open a ticket on my discord server:
https://discord.gg/wZwtQTU
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Gnarpy 22 Sep, 2021 @ 11:22pm 
Timer Failed! [SLIB_ENTITY_TIMER_3340674100][@lua/slib_framework/override/entity/sh_entity.lua (line 91)]

[Background NPCs but it's a horror] lua/background_npcs_core/custom_modules/postload/sharkvil/bgn_horror/sv_meat_man_spawn.lua:33: attempt to call method 'slibFadeRemove' (a nil value)
1. func - lua/background_npcs_core/custom_modules/postload/sharkvil/bgn_horror/sv_meat_man_spawn.lua:33
2. unknown - lua/slib_framework/override/entity/sh_entity.lua:97
This prevents the souls of dead players from fading away.
Gnarpy 22 Sep, 2021 @ 11:26pm 
Originally posted by liguel labs gaming:
Timer Failed! [SLIB_ENTITY_TIMER_3340674100][@lua/slib_framework/override/entity/sh_entity.lua (line 91)]

[Background NPCs but it's a horror] lua/background_npcs_core/custom_modules/postload/sharkvil/bgn_horror/sv_meat_man_spawn.lua:33: attempt to call method 'slibFadeRemove' (a nil value)
1. func - lua/background_npcs_core/custom_modules/postload/sharkvil/bgn_horror/sv_meat_man_spawn.lua:33
2. unknown - lua/slib_framework/override/entity/sh_entity.lua:97
This prevents the souls of dead players from fading away.
Also, hurting them results in another error.
[Background NPCs but it's a horror] lua/background_npcs_core/custom_modules/postload/sharkvil/bgn_horror/states/sv_disappearance.lua:5: attempt to call method 'slibFadeRemove' (a nil value)
1. CallStateAction - lua/background_npcs_core/custom_modules/postload/sharkvil/bgn_horror/states/sv_disappearance.lua:5
2. SetState - lua/background_npcs_core/classes/sh_actor_class.lua:617
3. v - lua/background_npcs_core/custom_modules/postload/sharkvil/bgn_horror/sv_damage_reaction.lua:8
4. Run - lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:84
5. v - lua/background_npcs_core/actions/sv_self_damage.lua:48
6. Run - lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:84
7. v - lua/background_npcs_core/actions/sv_self_damage.lua:18
8. unknown - lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:84

Misused chair 25 Sep, 2021 @ 7:44pm 
not sure if it's a bug, but I have all the npc types activated and only the ones from this mod spawn. I even re-activated all of them and raised the maximum amount, yet only the three added by this mod spawn
Last edited by Misused chair; 25 Sep, 2021 @ 7:45pm
[FG] Shark_vil  [developer] 26 Sep, 2021 @ 4:34am 
Originally posted by madkirk74:
not sure if it's a bug, but I have all the npc types activated and only the ones from this mod spawn. I even re-activated all of them and raised the maximum amount, yet only the three added by this mod spawn

please reformulate the question, I don't understand.
Misused chair 27 Sep, 2021 @ 2:00pm 
Originally posted by FG Shark_vil:

only the npcs in this mod spawn. as in, no other npcs but the ones in this mod spawn... besides meaty, that one doesn't spawn at all for some reason.
I have all the default npcs activated, and they don't spawn. only the ones in this mod.

if you still dont understand then idk what to do. I cant be any more clear.
Last edited by Misused chair; 27 Sep, 2021 @ 2:01pm
[FG] Shark_vil  [developer] 28 Sep, 2021 @ 1:14am 

only the npcs in this mod spawn. as in, no other npcs but the ones in this mod spawn... besides meaty, that one doesn't spawn at all for some reason.
I have all the default npcs activated, and they don't spawn. only the ones in this mod.

if you still dont understand then idk what to do. I cant be any more clear.

Disable horror mod. See addon photo info.
VectorMane 1 Oct, 2021 @ 7:47am 
After disabling this mod, the background npcs mod ceases all function, nothing spawns anymore, but i still manage to get wanted levels when i kill enough citizens that i spawn manually.
VectorMane 1 Oct, 2021 @ 7:55am 
Another issue, when the meat man shakes your camera, and you use some excessively powerful explosive (or literally anything that explodes), and you die from the explosion while the camera shakes, it will shake infinitely, even after you clean up everything. You would have to start a new game to fix it.
[FG] Shark_vil  [developer] 1 Oct, 2021 @ 8:21am 
Originally posted by VectorMane:
After disabling this mod, the background npcs mod ceases all function, nothing spawns anymore, but i still manage to get wanted levels when i kill enough citizens that i spawn manually.

It's not a mistake. See screenshots of this addon. When "Horror mod" is enabled, then all other NPC groups in the options menu are disabled. Unchecking this checkbox will enable all groups by default. If you turned off the addon before disabling the "Horror mod", then all standard groups must be turned on yourself.
VectorMane 1 Oct, 2021 @ 4:16pm 

It's not a mistake. See screenshots of this addon. When "Horror mod" is enabled, then all other NPC groups in the options menu are disabled. Unchecking this checkbox will enable all groups by default. If you turned off the addon before disabling the "Horror mod", then all standard groups must be turned on yourself.
Damn, can't pay me to look. Never even noticed it. Oh well. There's still that other potential error i listed just below this one. It's still an existing bug that can only be fixed by restarting the session, clicking clean up everything does not fix it.
Chocofrolik 10 Oct, 2021 @ 2:11am 
I have both this addon (horror bg npcs) and the main one (bg npcs) turned off through the spawn menu options, but yet spooky kleiners still spawn.
Gnarpy 10 Oct, 2021 @ 2:12am 
Originally posted by chocofrolik:
I have both this addon (horror bg npcs) and the main one (bg npcs) turned off through the spawn menu options, but yet spooky kleiners still spawn.
"spooky kleiners" That's because you have gm_construct 13 beta enabled. the map puts ghosts in other maps.
Misused chair 31 Oct, 2021 @ 6:42pm 
same ♥♥♥♥ here I had to unsub for background npcs to work
Misused chair 12 Nov, 2021 @ 3:31pm 
Originally posted by liguel labs gaming:
Originally posted by chocofrolik:
"spooky kleiners" That's because you have gm_construct 13 beta enabled. the map puts ghosts in other maps.
no this mod does that too I've seen them before I got gm_construct 13 beta.
Misused chair 12 Nov, 2021 @ 3:33pm 
also meat man doesn't spawn. not in the original gm_construct or any other.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50