Arma 3
TPW Uniforms
tpw  [developer] 10 May, 2023 @ 3:48am
Full readme
TPW UNIFORMS

Modern combat uniforms and equipment, including current and soon to be deployed camoflage for:
AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, AFGHANISTAN, ALGERIA, ARGENTINA, AZERBAIJAN, BELGIUM, BELARUS, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, CHECHNYA, CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, CZECH, DENMARK, EGYPT, FINLAND, FRANCE, GEORGIA, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KOREA, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, MEXICO, MOLDOVA, MOROCCO, MYANMAR, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PANAMA, PERU, PHILLIPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, TUNISIA, TURKIYE, UK, UKRAINE, USA, VENEZUELA

TPW UNIFORMS originally started out as my personal attempt to bring some better looking contemporary / near future Australian Defence Force infantry units into my game. It has since expanded into a rather large mod introducing over 80 new camouflage textures from all over the world onto hundreds of new units, modern combat uniforms, vests, backpacks and headgear encompassing default and mod Arma3 content. All the camo textures have been sourced and adjusted to fit well with the general faded and worn Arma3 aesthetic, with colours that work properly with Arma3 lighting across a variety of terrains - if you want overly saturated high contrast uniforms that look like they just came out of the pack, look elsewhere. They encompass a wide range of plain, paramilitary and military camo looks, temperate and arid, with my take on some well known themes, some less well known and some never seen before! A lot of emphasis on multicam derivatives and digital camo, but that's the way the modern military cookie crumbles. To counter this, I am collaborating with professional camouflage designer David Clode to bring his unique and original BondCam camo designs into Arma3.

TPW UNIFORMS standalone provides a mix of Crye G3 and Patagonia L9 combat tops and trousers and PCU jackets. All uniforms have flag patches (easily modified), rolled/full sleeves and gloves/hands, but no wound textures. Also provided are retextured Arma3 INDFOR uniforms with rolled/full sleeves, gloves, flag patches and wound textures. Lastly, there are ACU style uniforms, and cargo pants + shirt/tshirt uniforms, with no gloves, wounds or flags.

Please be aware that it's enormously difficult to implement uniform and gear textures that work perfectly across all terrains and lighting. Due to the way Arma3 lighting configs work a given texture might vary wildly in terms of brightness, contrast and saturation between maps, or between time/date/weather on the same map. Essentially all the stuff presented here is a compromise that should more or less work on any map/time/weather, but your mileage may vary. They're not exactly the same as their real life counterparts, because Arma3 lighting is not like real life.

I'm open to suggestions, but before you suggest and/or complain:
- I have absolutely no intention of adding vehicles or weapons. I am not a modeller so requests that involve those skills will fall on deaf ears.
- Related to modelling above, left shoulder flag patch and insignia patch support might eventually come, but might not.
- I'm trying for a contemporary/near future vibe so I won't be retexturing your favourite discontinued 80s camo sorry.
- You'll get more mileage requesting new camo or complaining about an existing camo if you can provide me links to pictures or, even better, textures.
- I know there's a lot of assets, but don't expect ACE Arsenal support any time soon. I don't use ACE.
Last edited by tpw; 22 Jul, 2023 @ 4:09pm