Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

[DEPRECATED] Tree Anarchy 1.3.6
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Quistar  [developer] 28 Jun, 2021 @ 8:25am
When loading from a map or saved game from Old Unlimited Trees Mod format for the first time
When using a map created by the old unlimited tree mod, make sure to subscribe to all required trees by the map. Loading is stable for maps created by old unlimited trees mod. If you have been working on a map for some time using the old unlimited trees mod, please be aware that you might experience the following issues.

If you are loading a saved game from the old unlimited tree save format, make sure to save first using my mod, then reload the map. If trees are missing or swapped with a different kind of tree, please read below to understand why and possible solutions.
Here are the reasons:
  1. The Old Unlimited Trees mod does not perform error correction when loading the Prefab, as it just saves the index. When loading, sometimes the index points to a different tree within the Prefab Collection, and the game happily continues to work, even though that's not the right tree. This will result in situations when using my mod where association is made with Prefab Collection, and a completely different tree will show on the map.
  2. There are cases when trees are not visible on the map, but when updating the area where trees are missing, causes the trees to reappear. This is due to when loading old Unlimited Tree saved games or map, a tree asset is missing, or the index of the Prefab was incorrect. These trees are still there, but located below the terrain. You will need to update the area either by (1) placing new objects, (e.g tree, road, building etc) or (2) using terrain tool and smoothing the area will cause the trees to be relocated to correct terrain level or (3) use MoveIt and select the trees below the terrain, and set their height to terrain level
  3. In the case where the Old Unlimited Trees mod saves an index that does not exist in the Prefab Collection (Maps created using Old Unlimited Trees mod, then loaded by a different user with missing tree asset). What will occur is some trees will most likely be swapped with a different tree, or they would appear below the terrain, or lastly just disappear using my mod, because these trees just doesn't exist in the Prefab Collection.

These problems will not occur if you are using a map that was created without the old unlimited trees mod. If you are using a map or game save created with old unlimited trees mod, to be on the safe side, just save the game again with my mod and restart it.
Last edited by Quistar; 22 Aug, 2021 @ 1:42am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Quistar  [developer] 1 Jul, 2021 @ 10:28pm 
When you load a game or map saved in the old Unlimited Trees format, and find that your trees have been swapped to a different kind. Please know that this is a bug in the old Unlimited Trees mod during the binding of Prefabs when the game is loading the data, and there's nothing I can do to fix it, but I can point you to solutions to solve it easily:

Solution 1
Use BOB the Tree and Prop Replacer to switch those swapped trees to the intended kind of tree.

Solution 2
Use can use another mod Tree Replacer. Although solution 1 is better, this way works too.

Solution 3
Switch back to using old unlimited trees mod.
Last edited by Quistar; 2 Jul, 2021 @ 10:51pm
Quistar  [developer] 2 Jul, 2021 @ 2:32pm 
When starting a new map that was created using the old unlimited trees mod, make sure to subscribe to all the tree assets required. This will ensure a successful loading of the map with all correct trees.

The tree swapping issue will occur if you save a game using old unlimited trees mod with missing tree assets. A detailed explanation would be:
  1. Someone creates a map using old unlimited trees mod
  2. You start a new game using this map, but with missing tree asset
  3. Old unlimited trees mod prefab binding bug will be introduced at this time.
  4. You continue planting trees happily, and everything seems to work fine.
  5. You load the map using my mod for the first time, and everything looks fine (Prefab binding bug still exists)
  6. You save the map into new format
  7. You load the map again, and now the trees might be swapped to a different tree (due to the prefab binding bug)
  8. You will need to use the above mentioned solution to replace these trees to the desired tree
  9. Problem will be gone
LegoProfessor 28 Sep, 2022 @ 5:28am 
Hi Quistar
As Unlimeted Trees also have a few bugs and not runnig proper with the newest P&P patch I try to move to Tree Anarachy. But crash and/or ends inan endless loop as well
Here is the OutPutlog:
https://fastupload.io/en/oDDYaLdjzC
After line 45200 it will go into an endless loop but there are other errors related to TreeAnarch before
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50