Space Engineers

Space Engineers

ResourceNodes
Quieter Drill Sounds.
I tweaked the default static drill sounds to be quieter and mono. (You can choose how much quieter you want them to be by picking the -8, -4, or -2 db reduction; -8 is *much* quieter than -2.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AjVkk-OQXZkOFebGfBWXYeJQre4IQnPF?usp=sharing

To install them,

1. Open up your Steam Library page.
2. Right-click on 'Space Engineers' and choose 'Manage | Browse local files'.
3. In the address bar of the Explorer window that will open, click on 'steamapps'.
4. Click through 'workshop', 'content', your steam ID number, '2493091475', and 'Audio'. This will place you where the static drill sound files are.
5. Open up the chosen 'ResourceNodes_Drill_Sounds' .zip file.
6. Select and drag the two .wav files from the .zip window to the Explorer window. (You'll need to confirm that you want to replace the files.)

You are now done. To change the volume level again, just follow these directions with a different .zip file. To restore the original volume, just delete the .wav files; the originals will be redownloaded.

Cheers!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Frogmaster 7 Sep, 2022 @ 3:27pm 
Thank you! I just dropped them by -22db and everything is fine! Thinking about having some fun! Make them sing hi-ho hi-ho it's off to work I go or maybe just go Boinggg
Originally posted by Frogmaster:
Thank you! I just dropped them by -22db and everything is fine! Thinking about having some fun! Make them sing hi-ho hi-ho it's off to work I go or maybe just go Boinggg
:rofl:
Mighty_Assa 5 Feb, 2023 @ 1:54pm 
Thank you!
Originally posted by Mighty_Assa:
Thank you!
You are most welcome. /bows
Mr Breeze 27 Oct, 2023 @ 6:38pm 
Thanks for this. After seeing what you've done I'll add something to this for those who don't know how to further edit the db of the audio:

1. Firstly follow the audio file path Keith so kindly has shown us. This will take you directly to the .wav files.
2. Open net browser and find an audio editing program. I used TwistedWave (it's free).
3. Upload the .wav file to the program and click the normalise button. In TW it's the middle one with the 2 red lines.
4. Adjust the db to a comfortable level. Play it a few times to be sure. Then download the new sound as a "WAVE audio" file or .wav
5. Drag the new audio in to the original Audio file Keith designated for us. Replace the file that's in there.

Big thanks to Keith for saving my ears.
Does anyone know how you would go about editing this on a dedicated server?
Originally posted by SellTheWorld:
Does anyone know how you would go about editing this on a dedicated server?
I can't say for certain, but this should strictly be a client-side change. If, on the other hand, SE supports downloading necessary mods, you can locate the relevant files on the server and just swap them for a set of mine.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50