RimWorld

RimWorld

[Discontinued] Pawnkind Race Diversification
Solid Wires  [developer] 17 Apr, 2021 @ 2:31pm
Bug reports
Post bug reports here. Alternatively, you can post them on the Github page.

https://github.com/Solid-Wires/rimworldmod-pawnkindracediversification

Important things to consider:
  1. What version of PRD are you running? (the number printed to the log on Rimworld's startup that reflects which changenote the mod is running)
  2. Tell me in detail what's going on. What pawns are spawning?
  3. Help me troubleshoot the bug by clearing your debug log and spawning the pawn (or pawns) again.
  4. Tell me any red or yellow errors that pop up, and what they say.
  5. If there are no messages, tell me about it. This could be a logic error.

Thank you in advance. I'll try to fix these problems when I have the time to do so.
I cannot really fix any mod incompatibilities with the time I currently have, but please let me know of any and I will list them in the description.
Last edited by Solid Wires; 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:59am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Mognald Trump 7 Jun, 2021 @ 2:06am 
So when I try to start a new colony with the standard crash landing, for some reason nobody spawns. Have been removing and adding mods trying to find out what it was and this was thew one that wouldn't spawn anyone in.
Solid Wires  [developer] 7 Jun, 2021 @ 7:21am 
Huh. that's strange, never had that bug appear. Did any errors appear in the log? What races are you using?
icytux 21 Jul, 2021 @ 11:41am 
Confirming in 1.3, this mod disables all factions from spawning when generating world, I only have this mod and its dependencies on (Hugslib/HumanoidAlienRaces).
Removing this mod and keeping the dependencies removes the bug.
I've also confirmed that the ideoligion screen works, it just looks like it's not working as there are no factions(As you can start with their ideology or make your own), but you can still create a custom ideology as usual.
Solid Wires  [developer] 21 Jul, 2021 @ 11:49am 
@icytux
Yeah, I already know that this build errors on generating world because HAR refactored the hairTags into StyleSettings. The 1.3 version of the mod relies on the previous system, which is what I'm trying to fix right now.
Solid Wires  [developer] 21 Jul, 2021 @ 11:53am 
Looks like there's a lot of chaos going on over at HAR's side around this refactoring. I will update the mod to reflect the refactoring changes, but there is not much else I can do about the hair bugs that mod is having until they fix those problems on their end.
Last edited by Solid Wires; 21 Jul, 2021 @ 11:56am
icytux 26 Jul, 2021 @ 10:28pm 
I'm getting another bug, I don't know if it's this or race mods that depend on it, but when I use race mods like Slither race and the others they have, none of those factions spawn for me, and if I load all of my mods, barely any factions spawn at all. Since I don't know any other mods that use Pawnkind Race Diversification, I can't test if it's the 3 races from the same author causing this, or this mod.
Last edited by icytux; 26 Jul, 2021 @ 10:29pm
Gaming_Bigfoot 27 Jul, 2021 @ 6:56am 
Sounds to me like icytux is experiencing some similar strain of bug that I've been having.
And on that note, I'm free to try troubleshooting. Just let me know what needs doing on my part.

I'll also add clarification (for what it's worth) on what I meant with "Breaking Pawnkind race type spawns": every pawn was exclusively spawning as Human, including ones that were generating as though otherwise intended (backstory, traits, inventory items, hediffs, etc. were of a custom race's yet still ended up as Human)
Solid Wires  [developer] 27 Jul, 2021 @ 8:11am 
@icytux
You're talking about Beelzebelt's races, and those races are not supposed to spawn their own factions. I hope you're not confusing that a race absolutely must have a faction, because not all races make new factions. That's not a bug. Slithers, Klickmala, and Ikquan, according to the mod author, are supposed to be merged with the existing factions in the game. Hence why they use this mod as a dependency.
Just to put this out here: if faction generation is ever broken by this mod, you wouldn't be able to generate the world because the leaders cannot be generated. Missing factions definitely would have something to do with mods that manipulate faction generation, or it may be a bug on the mod author's end, or intentional.

@Gaming_Bigfoot
So you're saying that custom race pawnkinds are being overridden into humans? Or all custom race pawnkinds have human properties? For one thing, you'd have to set "Override All Alien Pawnkinds" to true in order for humans to take place of aliens at all. It's also very wonky and you can see for yourself why it is turned off by default. The pawnkind properties are merged into the selected race, and there's not a whole lot I can do about that. It even happens with "Override All Human Pawnkinds," though instead you're merging human pawnkind properties with aliens.
I have backstory extensions available in the patched weight settings to specifically address merged pawnkind backstories, but no one has used that yet. I have a feeling it can be automated, but I'd have to find out how.
That's just a side effect of turning both of those on, and there's not a whole lot I can do about that other than I guess you have to accept some aliens having human backstories. Traits seem to work though, but inventory items and hediffs seem to usually be pawnkind properties.
Gaming_Bigfoot 27 Jul, 2021 @ 8:34am 
The first one -- non-humans are being overridden into humans, despite initially generating with non-human properties.
While I'm aware of the customizable settings, I never changed them from the default settings.
Solid Wires  [developer] 27 Jul, 2021 @ 8:52am 
@Gaming_Bigfoot
I mean, that's really strange if that's the case then. Despite all of my testing, I am unable to reproduce this.
Have you adjusted any weights there? Only a few mods adjust any weights at all and you'll have to set them yourself there.
There's not a whole lot I can do if it's a semantic issue other than if I come across the problem myself. Those problems are very difficult to address.
If there's another mod that overrides race generation, then that would be an incompatibility. Otherwise, I truthfully don't know what I can do.
Last edited by Solid Wires; 27 Jul, 2021 @ 8:54am
Gaming_Bigfoot 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:05am 
Originally posted by Gaming_Bigfoot:
While I'm aware of the customizable settings, I never changed them from the default settings.
So it'd be a matter of changing the weights then? But that still doesn't explain the myriad of other issues I've experienced...
Even with a barebones mod load order, I still have no animals spawning.
•Harmony
•Core
•HugsLib
•Humanoid Alien Races
•Pawnkind Race Diversification
Solid Wires  [developer] 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:18am 
Even with a barebones mod load order, I still have no animals spawning.
•Harmony
•Core
•HugsLib
•Humanoid Alien Races
•Pawnkind Race Diversification
Just tested that by starting a new map with this load order. I found guinea pigs, muffalos, a megasloth, a racoon... animals.
Started a manunter pack incident with debug. A mad rat spawned.
Destroyed all things with debug. Waited a while for animals to show up on a temperate forest map. Hares spawned first. Then a megasloth. Then a rat... Seems like animal spawning is normal.
Test if animals spawn without mods at all. You might have to verify the integrity of your game files. PRD doesn't appear to be doing anything to animals on my end.

So it'd be a matter of changing the weights then?
You stated that you didn't touch the customizable settings, in which if left alone, this mod won't really do anything except generate humans in place of... humans.
It doesn't explain what you're trying to explain to me though, with aliens being overridden into humans.
Last edited by Solid Wires; 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:26am
Gaming_Bigfoot 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:32am 
Ran 3 tests, all going off of: New Game, Crashlanded, Randy Random LiF-Reload Anytime, Default worldgen settings, Temperate Forest spawn. Immediately check Wildlife tab after map generates.
•Core
3 Megasloth, 7 Muffalo, 4 Boomalope, 1 Lynx, 2 Turkey, 1 Red Fox, 3 Tortoise, 3 Raccoon, 3 Hare, 6 Rat, 9 Squirrel.

•Harmony, Core, HugsLib, Humanoid Alien Races
2 Megasloth, 2 Mare, 2 Stallion, 3 Donkey, 1 Warg, 2 Ibex Doe, 2 Ibex Ram, 1 Timber Wolf, 1 Lynx, 1 Tortoise, 4 Raccoon, 1 Boomrat, 5 Guinea Pig, 6 Hare, 10 Rat, 12 Squirrel.

•Harmony, Core, HugsLib, Humanoid Alien Races, Pawnkind Race Diversification
Nothing. Literally just an empty Wildlife page.[cdn.discordapp.com] Furthermore the crashlanding for the inital pawns doesn't even happen...? I have no pawns.
Solid Wires  [developer] 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:35am 
Furthermore the crashlanding for the inital pawns doesn't even happen...? I have no pawns.
What version of PRD are you running? This was a problem before version 29. Have you tried resubbing to this mod?
Last edited by Solid Wires; 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:37am
Gaming_Bigfoot 27 Jul, 2021 @ 9:39am 
Trying to think of how this could be happening. I know when 1.3 dropped, I clean-wiped everything for RimWorld. Uninstalled normally, then tracked down all other files as well -- workshop content, LocalLow>Ludeon Studios files, everything related to the game to try to ensure that mods shouldn't be broken.
Yet, by all accounts, this one is clearly extremely broken for me, and from our testing, me specifically.

I guess the next thing that comes to mind is to re-wipe and try all that again because beyond that I don't know what to say.

Originally posted by Solid Wires:
It doesn't explain what you're trying to explain to me though, with aliens being overridden into humans.
The lack of an explanation is why I'm trying to find answers, because that's exactly what's happening, which again brings me back to the idea of "should I just re-wipe everything again".
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50