Darkest Dungeon®

Darkest Dungeon®

The Anointed Class Mod
AyCe 31 Jan, 2021 @ 6:30pm
Load error?
I love the overpowered birb so far. Attack+Self Heal+Party Heal if Crit is amazing. Here is a warning log message that appears when loading a dungeon with it in the party. Is it harmless or a bug?

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2380702559
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Vintage  [developer] 1 Feb, 2021 @ 7:34am 
Glad to see you're enjoying him!

I believe this is an old bug from before when the Anointed used the Shieldbreaker sprites as placeholders until the art was found. I believe now though that sprite isn't called by any of his attacks though (I'd hope not, I tested him quite well and I haven't had anyone saying of any bugged textures on any of his attacks!) so although the game has issues with it, since it doesn't actually ever show up it shouldn't do anything.

I'll see later if I can remove that error message, but otherwise it shouldn't cause an issue other than throw a false error.

Also quick P.S:

Another error that you may encounter is one to do with the fact that one of his effects "isn't defined for on hit or on miss effects" this is merely because the effect in question is a custom tooltip, and for some reason no matter what you code for on hit or on miss the error still appears. This won't do anything though, other than be annoying in the error text when you load a save.
Last edited by Vintage; 1 Feb, 2021 @ 7:35am
AyCe 1 Feb, 2021 @ 8:43am 
Ok, thank you for responding! After having played through the entire game (all task checkboxes ticked) in vanilla, I'm currently playing with several mods, and some of them also occasionally have onhit/miss stuff in the debug output. I assume most of that is harmless, though I would always prefer to not have any warning unless there actually is something wrong. :)
No I don't mean "disable debug output" - I know I can do that. I mean "maybe some mods are not compatible with one another and I would like to know before investing several hours into a campaign only to see that I need to restart with the correct mod order" and so on.
Last edited by AyCe; 1 Feb, 2021 @ 8:45am
Vintage  [developer] 1 Feb, 2021 @ 10:01am 
Originally posted by AyCe:
Ok, thank you for responding! After having played through the entire game (all task checkboxes ticked) in vanilla, I'm currently playing with several mods, and some of them also occasionally have onhit/miss stuff in the debug output. I assume most of that is harmless, though I would always prefer to not have any warning unless there actually is something wrong. :)
No I don't mean "disable debug output" - I know I can do that. I mean "maybe some mods are not compatible with one another and I would like to know before investing several hours into a campaign only to see that I need to restart with the correct mod order" and so on.

Yeah the Anointed shouldn't have any problems with other mods in that respect. As far as I know the mod can be loaded in any particular load order on saves with or without DLC (doesn't matter) and you shouldn't have any issues other than the game throwing the false errors. I'll see what I can do about the image error but I'm not sure if its possible to get rid of the tooltip error.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50