The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Thegn
FINALLY, AN ACTUAL VIKING SWORD!
Just wanted to make a more permanent record of my approval of this mod and by extension the Stamford sword mod as well. Both are each historically realism-ish and fit excellently into the rest of the game's aesthetic.

There's plenty of other historical viking stuff that could be added, scramasax for those who request dagger/short variants of this. There's also a world of stuff for armor and shields that could be done, though there are other mods that cover that (albeit less well than InsanitySorrow has done swords). Also, I hear Vikings were fond of axes.

This mod (along with The Stamford) obviously required a lot of work, talent, and love. Thank you for sharing this.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Howard 3 Mar, 2014 @ 10:02am 
CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN! Don't get a big ♥♥♥♥!
You do know that the menopause is serious right?
Antonflax 3 Mar, 2014 @ 1:14pm 
Emm well being a viking i thinck that viking use axes cuz they dont to waste materialz on swords and nordic metal is the best metal i thinck Someone need to comepare the viking sword and metal vs the samuria swords and metal and viking swords are best viking weapons lol
Sherman... breathe deep.
Alexis 4 Mar, 2014 @ 3:12pm 
Originally posted by Antonflax (Swedish Viking):
Emm well being a viking i thinck that viking use axes cuz they dont to waste materialz on swords and nordic metal is the best metal i thinck Someone need to comepare the viking sword and metal vs the samuria swords and metal and viking swords are best viking weapons lol
You could of course use a fullered longsword, when a sword is fullered they can be made longer and lighter, without any sacrified stregnth. Personally I prefer Steel 1060 but in general Carbon Steels are a nice metal to use (They corrode easily but they're easy to sharpen and are very tough)
This is an Anglo-Saxon sword. Grin*
ZxxAssAssinxxQ 4 Mar, 2014 @ 9:18pm 
Originally posted by Spazmatism:
CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN! Don't get a big ♥♥♥♥!
BOB SAGET!!
Izra 5 Mar, 2014 @ 1:48am 
pretty!!
PeteTheCat 7 Sep, 2014 @ 1:36pm 
I agree about the axes. I would love to see an axe if he makes swords this good.
General Sherman 8 Sep, 2014 @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by Weirdprism:
Originally posted by Antonflax (Swedish Viking):
You could of course use a fullered longsword, when a sword is fullered they can be made longer and lighter, without any sacrified stregnth. Personally I prefer Steel 1060 but in general Carbon Steels are a nice metal to use (They corrode easily but they're easy to sharpen and are very tough)

Carbon steel is the only way to go to make real swords, unless all you want is a wall hanger.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50