Darkest Dungeon®

Darkest Dungeon®

Pet Cemetery (Dungeon Mod)
PotaDOH 13 Jun, 2021 @ 5:55am
My overall thoughts
What I like:
The bouquets are actually pretty useful, making collecting them worthwhile
The custom narrations for boss missions.
Enemy designs are original, only some come close to being recolors but with some minor changes.
The bosses are neat, I especially like the Hat mans design.
The quirk removal curio is basically the most common, making it easy to get rid of negative quirks.
The custom gems are extremely common, making money easy to get here.
The new quirks are cool.

What I don't like:
Fights are about twice as common as curios, unlike other dungeons where curios are a little more common.
The extreme length of the dungeons combined with it being mostly just fights makes it feel like a drag and not worth the money.
Most attacking enemies(other than necrophage and zombie pet catcher assistant) don't do enough damage to be threatening.
Pouque and the Bone Golem are just too weak in general given how strong they look.
The secret rooms can hold enemies, crates that require an extremely rare item (that can only be found in the dungeon) to open, or even NOTHING.
The worst part, is the boss dungeons being set up like the courtyard where its the same super long map every time and you need keys to open gates, except unlike the courtyard you have to do it all in one go because it doesn't save your progress if you leave.

Final thoughts: It's worth installing but once you've fought all the bosses once it's not really worth exploring. If you need money then the Sunward isles is a better choice, being a normal length yet having more curios, some of which can give good quirks or remove negative ones.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
dem22  [developer] 13 Jun, 2021 @ 9:25am 
Thanks for leaving your feedback ...

Pet Cemetery boss quests will test all of your skills to survive! They are not like the Crimson Curse maps that can be returned to later. Buy all the supplies you can carry, be able to manage stress, create a party that works well together, use curios to your advantage, and read more tips about boss strategies and see general maps in the official guide. https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2203918955 Good hunting!

In Pet Cemetery there is a higher range of possibilities: so a larger range of dungeon lengths and random curios, with thousands of monster combinations. so sometimes earn less gold but sometimes much more. Here's recent streamer expedition earning 31K + quest 3K gold in a short mission from this variability (along with positive curio interactions): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDpmCqo5qTg

Pouque and Bone Golem were adjusted to be slightly easier after launch, but their CRITs can still cause trouble. Maybe Pouque should be adjusted to be slightly harder again?

Exploring does not have to be only for money, but to see if your party can survive conditions that are generally harder than base game, to challenge yourself by exploring a new dungeon and get to use base or the many modded characters in new situations. Thanks again for your feedback.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50