Darkest Dungeon®

Darkest Dungeon®

Pet Cemetery (Dungeon Mod)
dem22  [developer] 1 Apr, 2021 @ 2:49pm
Helping Night Light
*moving your issues into this sub forum.

did some test, and a List of Classes that break the game(With all three pet mods):

Most of Exaelus classes(didn't download some of them!), The Thorn(which is a shame, really like the Blind Duelist feel), The itinerant Cook(Goodbye, Granny Gumbo!),Hollow Knight, The Forsaken, The Maiden, Picaroon, The Clobber, The Riftwatcher, and The Bastmaster...

Still testing non-class mods... of the ones that don't work, atleast its not some of my Favorites...

Also, all my mods work together without the Pet ones active(which sucks because the Pet ones, as i've said before, add a ton!)

The Claiments work now, which is weird, but i'm not questioning it!

Varifying game files didn't do anything(Cept possibly fix the Claiments), and I've still no one what "Adding steam launch option" is

I am using all three mods, a few cosmetic skins/rooms/hallways, Sunward Isles, and a ton of classes... oh and Here there be monsters and two mods that got recently patched to work with that...

The three pet mods up top with Sunward, everything else after... and when trying to load into the game, it just closes, no error or anything...

i also do not know how to add... Steam launch Options, i've never even heard of that before... i think i know what varifying game files is tho, i'll try that.... I'd really hate to have to not use some of my favorite classes(like a Punchy lil' mushroon tank.)
Last edited by dem22; 1 Apr, 2021 @ 3:01pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
dem22  [developer] 1 Apr, 2021 @ 2:53pm 
Night Light I believe something else is going on. For example Picaroon is also one of the classes I coded and has been tested extensively in Pet Cemetery (i have also seen online videos of players many of those.) There is no reason these class mods would be a conflict that i am aware of. It's harder to speculate on some of the new monster mods. Changing load order can be the difference in some cases.

I did a test to confirm some of those listed will load in PC with no problems. (Clobber, Picaroon, Thorn, Cook) See image at

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Dolzsqs.png[/img]

But here are notes on how to verify and how to add a launch parameter (below).

Also note: everyone's computer has their own personal DD mod limit where the size can affect the game and causes crashed. You may just have too many mods on. There is no easy fix for that and no easy way to tell.

in Steam Library view
right click Darkest Dungeon
select Properties

under LOCAL FILES chose
Verify Integrity of Game Files
may take a while to complete

and/or (this step confirmed worked for another person who did have odd crashes that we coudn't explain, i don't use this parameter personally)

in GENERAL scroll down to LAUNCH OPTIONS
paste the text
-disable_monster_pre_loading
relaunch game

Last edited by dem22; 1 Apr, 2021 @ 3:40pm
dem22  [developer] 1 Apr, 2021 @ 3:00pm 
Also ... Everything in Pet Cemetery was compressed to lower file sizes, but it is a large mod due to all the content. If you experience the "white box" issue the "address aware tool" has helped people expand their mod limits. Must have 8 RAM minimum. Sorry, I can't help tech support this and have not used it personally but may help! it allows the game to use more RAM.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/laa_2_0_4-zip.34392/
Deep_Dark 2 Apr, 2021 @ 2:30am 
I will try out what you suggested when i got some more time, and leave a heads up if it worked... incase someone else needs the same help!
iroboang 13 May, 2021 @ 6:57am 
It looks to be a great mod. However somehow it crashes my game :(
dem22  [developer] 13 May, 2021 @ 10:05am 
hello iroboang please verify recommended load order, verify your games files, or it could be incompatible with another mod you are using. I can't explain other crashes. Sorry there is not better error reporting. but Pet Cemetery needs to be near the top of your load order. So i recommend playing with your mod order. There are another notes in the Guide page. Good luck!
Last edited by dem22; 13 May, 2021 @ 11:10am
yuh137 28 Mar, 2023 @ 11:59am 
Hello, I installed your mod and tried to run it in a new save file but it keeps getting these bugs https://imgur.com/a/bXHZ065. After i choose any quest and enter the provision screen it crashes. I wonder if you can tell what the problem was, PC was the only mod enabled in that save. Thank you.
dem22  [developer] 28 Mar, 2023 @ 12:08pm 
yuh137 It can be hard to diagnose remotely, but thanks for the screen shots that is very helpful. it looks the mod did not load completely because the blue missing text is the dungeon name which is in the file and should be showing. if there are no other mods, try to verify your game install to see if something is corrupted. then unsubscribe to the mod, then manually resubscribe, it could be that it only partially downloaded, and these steps will force it to try to download again. there are so many factors including computer, RAM, OS, and more, but generally Pet Cemetery is very stable. if you are using other mods the problem is generally load order and re-ordering is the best strategy. Good luck!
yuh137 28 Mar, 2023 @ 1:45pm 
Thanks for the instant response, i'll try your recs to seeif it works. Tks again have a wonderful day
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50