Total War: WARHAMMER II

Total War: WARHAMMER II

Dwarf Units Pack (Up to date for W&P)
Saint  [developer] 23 Aug, 2020 @ 8:54pm
Bug Reports/Balance Requests
Hey guys, since I don't usually play with a vanilla game I would love for you guys to report back on issues and balance changes that might need to be done to this version of the mod.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
dinovart 24 Aug, 2020 @ 6:35am 
According to screenshot on mod page, dragon has several spikes and sails on the tip of his tail, and they move through each other.
Would be very nice if dragon has model could be altered: regular tip of the tail, replace 2 biggest horns with the ones from forest dragon, but 2 x smaller size (if new horns move through spikea sand membranes at the sides of the head, remove them), attach beard from either scaven horned mage or dragon-ogre shaggoth, place mammoth fur along the neck, spine and tail, maybe mane from white lions in neck area (beard and fur shall be red), electricity breath. If such remodelling is possible, dwarfs could get entirely new dragon species with believable (mostly ancient chinese dragon) design. Color scheme of dragon body is nice as it is now. If not possible, only the tip of the tail needs some fixing.
Saint  [developer] 24 Aug, 2020 @ 8:18am 
I see what you are saying to make it more like the actual celestial dragons, Im sorry to say that kind of alteration is far beyond my scope.

Unlike the units, dragons are created with only a single model, meaning a whole new dragon model with animations etc would have to be created, I might be able to do the electrical effect if something like thaf exists in the game already.

As far as im aware there are only a few modders that go that far as to create totally new models because this game does not make that very easy sadly and I have 0 experience in this field.

Ill have a look at the tail clipping I might be able to fix that by reducing the overall size though, thanks for your feedback!!

Good news is that cathay will probably be included in warhammer 3 so we will probably see celestial dragons when it comes out, one can only hope.
Last edited by Saint; 24 Aug, 2020 @ 9:40am
Kenshin Benshin 26 Aug, 2020 @ 12:20pm 
Balancing: It makes sense for the rune giant to have great missile resistance, but currently it seems a bit too resistant. I was doing a bit of testing with it, and it can take six units of lothern sea guard pelting it with all their ammunition, and still have about 45% of it's health.

I like the uniqueness of having a shielded monster, and it totally makes sense for the unit, but maybe it should have the 35% block rate instead of the 60%.

Bug, maybe: The elite thunderers have the shielded effect, but they wield great weapons. Is it supposed to be a bit like the jezails where they have a shield to stabilize the weapon? They just seem like the kind of unit that the general should take great caution to get them in range of other ranged units. Not sure though, I didn't look so much into them, just a thing I noticed.
Saint  [developer] 28 Aug, 2020 @ 3:47am 
I think both are fair points I will have a look at it today ;) thanks for your feedback!
Saint  [developer] 28 Aug, 2020 @ 3:54am 
Originally posted by Kenshin Benshin:
Balancing: It makes sense for the rune giant to have great missile resistance, but currently it seems a bit too resistant. I was doing a bit of testing with it, and it can take six units of lothern sea guard pelting it with all their ammunition, and still have about 45% of it's health.

I like the uniqueness of having a shielded monster, and it totally makes sense for the unit, but maybe it should have the 35% block rate instead of the 60%.

Bug, maybe: The elite thunderers have the shielded effect, but they wield great weapons. Is it supposed to be a bit like the jezails where they have a shield to stabilize the weapon? They just seem like the kind of unit that the general should take great caution to get them in range of other ranged units. Not sure though, I didn't look so much into them, just a thing I noticed.

Made both changes as they make sense for vanilla, units in sfo tend to have higher stats and resistances.
LikeABith 4 Nov, 2021 @ 6:57pm 
Lost rangers are WAY to OP. Far better than slayers and for some reason when they charge they turn into ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Barry Alans. Dwarves steam-roll every time with doom stacks of gold tiered lost rangers
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50