Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Teralis - City Planet
Major Jon  [developer] 12 Aug, 2020 @ 4:22pm
feedback & suggestions
I already have a lot of plans for the future of this planet. If you have some ideas aswell, let me know.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Destroyer_V0 13 Aug, 2020 @ 3:43am 
Could be possible to make the eventual planet have different districts. With the majority being civilian housing like what is shown in the current mod, but maybe a few industrial districts? Factories, shipyard slipways, that sort of thing.

(Or at least voxel arangements that look like such things)
Last edited by Destroyer_V0; 13 Aug, 2020 @ 3:44am
Major Jon  [developer] 13 Aug, 2020 @ 7:41am 
Yep, already on the list. Right now all voxels just spawn everywhere, but I definitely want to make differently themed districts eventually.
Sir Connery 13 Aug, 2020 @ 10:40am 
Can you make all ore spawns on the planet? I intend to make a single planet game and this looks perfect.

Extra idea, if you intend to make industrial districts etc. then ore spawns could be made in those areas. So it looks like a mining area. This isn't really that important to me but an idea nonetheless.
Last edited by Sir Connery; 13 Aug, 2020 @ 10:42am
Major Jon  [developer] 13 Aug, 2020 @ 2:41pm 
I plan on putting all ores in abundance on this planet, but make them hard to reach. For now I just wanted to try out the ore placement itself. I don't want them to spawn inside of the buildings, so they spawn underneath the little crevices between the buildings. Having more ores in the industrial themed districts would definitely make a lot of sense.
Purrfect-Blinky 14 Aug, 2020 @ 1:22pm 
What makes the roads have ''stairs" in them? It's a bit strange and really hard for Rovers and Hover Racers to traverse the planet. Is that something you want to address or is it intentional?
Major Jon  [developer] 14 Aug, 2020 @ 1:56pm 
It's "intentional", but I realized now that it's pretty stupid how I did it. The point was to make to roads cut into the blocks deeper around the city center. I don't want to waste time fixing the prototype though, but rather work on the next version. That next version will be quite a bit different and I'll make sure to not include these anti rover traps again :D
Purrfect-Blinky 15 Aug, 2020 @ 12:34am 
Haha! Thats good to know! And that sounds like the best plan ;) I notice that I use the roads a lot for exploring and then kind of forget about the rooftops. Perhaps it's also wise to have as little dead ends as possible so that people want to explore and do not end up having to backtrack with their contraptions. (It's also more interesting for Racing/Custom Game modes... although these ends could contain custom made objectives ofcourse :)
A park could be cool. Or a whole nother planet thats like a overgrown lost ecomenopolis, but thats just throwing ideas out
Purrfect-Blinky 15 Aug, 2020 @ 2:51am 
Indeed! Things like Squares and Open Area's could be a quick addition. Adding things like ''grand monument'' (Large cirkular with corner towers and a grand spire for example) type of voxel configurations could help diversify the city aestetic. Your initial layout reminds me of the Imperial City from the Elder Scrolls Oblivion.
xXPinkFloyd92Xx 16 Aug, 2020 @ 8:26pm 
Just wanted to leave some feedback looks amazing super cool can't wait to see what you're coming up with next! Running this on a server with a bunch of great players. Can't wait to see what they do with this place! Thanks for adding this to the workshop.
Andrei 17 Aug, 2020 @ 5:22am 
nice
Corporal Bean 17 Aug, 2020 @ 7:17am 
very nice
Maelstrom 18 Aug, 2020 @ 1:57am 
would be cool if the roads didn't have stairs :P
Neko_med 18 Aug, 2020 @ 12:17pm 
What about holograms? They will work like trees.
Last edited by Neko_med; 18 Aug, 2020 @ 12:17pm
Major Jon  [developer] 18 Aug, 2020 @ 1:03pm 
Good idea. I don't know if it's possible to use half tranparent and/or emissive textures for trees, but if that is possbile it would be a fantastic addition. I can't model stuff though, so don't expect anything like that soon.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Per page: 1530 50