Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

L4D1 Common Infected Overhaul
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Skessler  [developer] 27 Aug, 2020 @ 7:09am
Bugs and suggestions
Post here any bugs or inconsistencies you find, and if you have new variation suggestions, feel free to post them here too!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 351 comments
GIANTHURTBALLJR 27 Aug, 2020 @ 9:33am 
If I could give a suggestion for a few variants, I would like to see the worker male with some more colored variants, maybe even the tie be colored, unless that isn't possible and a variant that gives the TSA agent a possible color scheme similar to a sheriff as a variant. Hoping this helps this mod out!
Skessler  [developer] 27 Aug, 2020 @ 9:46am 
thanks for the feedback. With the worker, I assume you mean the guys wearing suits? I have a few things planned for them, like 2 different tie patterns, colorable ties, no ties, and a few more variations. And regarding the TSA agents, I don't know if I should either keep the white shirts but with body variation, or update them to the blue shirts they have been using since 2008. My guess is that when Turtle Rock Studios made those models in 2006-2007, they forgot to update to the new uniform.
GIANTHURTBALLJR 27 Aug, 2020 @ 9:54am 
Yes I was referring to the ones wearing ties and suits, and those variations sound great! About the TSA agents, I would suggest updating them to the blue shirts, and creating the bodygroups for those, as I feel it would give them a unique look from the pilots. Speaking of, are you planning something similar for the pilots and the Patients?
Last edited by GIANTHURTBALLJR; 27 Aug, 2020 @ 9:58am
Vinnie 27 Aug, 2020 @ 9:56am 
Possibility of armor for the military infected and reflective vest for the baggage handler?
Skessler  [developer] 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:14am 
Originally posted by GIANTHURTBALLJR:
Speaking of, are you planning something similar for the pilots and the Patients?
The idea is to update all the models, so they have more variations and the shader system. However, I tried to replace the patient, but i couldn't. The game has a l4d2 version of the model, with less faces, and most mods that restore the patients use the l4d1 model. Trying to replace any of them doesn't seem to work, so far they keep using the retail ones. Maybe later I find the cause of this problem, and if that happens, I'll update them.

Originally posted by Vinnie:
Possibility of armor for the military infected and reflective vest for the baggage handler?
For the military infected so far I only plan to have a new rolled up sleeves variant, since armor would make you think that it would stop bullets like the riot zombies, but I can't have some variations that stop bullets and some variations that don't. Making the colors for them won't be easy, since they have the cammo pattern with a lot of different shades of green and brown. I'm currently working on the baggage handler, so in the next update their reflective vest will be reflective like the ones the l4d2 roadworkers use.
Vinnie 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:45am 
I understand your reason for not adding armor, but maybe consider it?
I was thinking of the female suits with Jean's have shoe variations like heels & boots & maybe wear dresses short sleeve & long sleeve & the casual they get long sleeve variants
Also the suits with matching shirt & pants color like real life
Javelin 28 Aug, 2020 @ 6:46pm 
I agree with @dogs lives matters, but some interesting ideas I had for a second variation for the female suit infected maybe like a button up blouse workshirt (like what Pam from the office wears all the time) and then the female casual def needs a long sleeve variation. And then idk maybe a hoodie for male rural could work due to the time setting being fall. Just some ideas I had keep up the great work!
Skessler  [developer] 28 Aug, 2020 @ 11:55pm 
long sleeves are 100% confirmed for the female casuals. a hoodie is a good idea, but we have to keep in mind that l4d1 has a cold climate, while l4d2 has a warm climate, so I have to try and make it so they fit both. But hoodies are something I'll def consider. I'm currently working on the TSA agent, so expect the blue shirts, and many new details to match the real uniform.

Another thing, making the female suit infected is a bit strange, the way the model is made is not like the males. the casual and suit variants are part of the same model, so you get an "office" look with the different bodygroup combinations. Making variations that are too casual or too formal can lead to some strange results, like a very casual lower body, and a very formal upper body.
AkaneKitsune 29 Aug, 2020 @ 11:15pm 
Any plans on adding gas masks, gloves or vests for Infected national guards? Because I thought it would be fitting for the game's lore since the military in Sacrifice comic wear gas masks.

Also for the casual and rural female infected, I would like to see some new variety for them, e.g. flannels, hoodies (like skeleton hoodie, striped and full-zip), knee socks, skirts and boots.
Last edited by AkaneKitsune; 29 Aug, 2020 @ 11:19pm
Skessler  [developer] 30 Aug, 2020 @ 2:39pm 
gloves and gas masks are a very good idea, but i think the lenses will have to be opaque, the shader doesn't support transparency. Regarding vests, I doubt I'll make them mainly because like I said before, you would expect them to stop bullets. I do plan to give the female infected more variants.
AkaneKitsune 31 Aug, 2020 @ 11:49pm 
Originally posted by Skessler:
gloves and gas masks are a very good idea, but i think the lenses will have to be opaque, the shader doesn't support transparency. Regarding vests, I doubt I'll make them mainly because like I said before, you would expect them to stop bullets. I do plan to give the female infected more variants.

Oh, I don't really mind if it's not going to be transparent but I think you can add reflections on the lenses of the gas mask. Also, about the vests, I meant the tactical vests, not armor one but if it's somewhat impossible to add them or something, that's okay since that's understandable.
Skessler  [developer] 1 Sep, 2020 @ 2:06am 
Originally posted by You dun swifted up:
Oh, I don't really mind if it's not going to be transparent but I think you can add reflections on the lenses of the gas mask. Also, about the vests, I meant the tactical vests, not armor one but if it's somewhat impossible to add them or something, that's okay since that's understandable.

After re-reading the sacrifice comic, I have to say that those tactical vests do look very cool. I'll still try to keep the cammo, since its what makes the soldiers stand out. I could maybe make 2 gasmasks, one that is in perfect conditions, and another one with broken lenses, so you can see the shining eyes of the zombies. I'll try to keep it faithfull to the original style, so it's not so different from what L4D1 could have had. So maybe long and short sleeves, ammo pouches, gasmask, and the vest. Making the colors for the cammo will be a pain in the ass, in fact not even valve gavce the parachutist the shader system. So I can't promise that it will look as good as the retail cammo, but I'll do my best
Great 1 Sep, 2020 @ 2:59am 
For the suits you think you can give them vests with color variety? Like (blue red black brown yellow green gray & purple) + bowties?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 351 comments
Per page: 1530 50