Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

[ArcVR] Black Mesa VR Weapons
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
xandycw  [developer] 8 Aug, 2020 @ 12:54pm
Bug reports
Found something wrong/unexpected with the addon? Post it here, preferably with an error (from the console) and screenshots.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Only problem I've had is that the Revolver will fire only 1 shot even when all 6 shots are loaded in
xandycw  [developer] 12 Aug, 2020 @ 6:49am 
An infinite ammo mod can do that, make sure you have none enabled
Didn't actually expect an Infinite Ammo pack could break a Revolver
Hugo  [developer] 16 Aug, 2020 @ 8:42am 
Originally posted by Ayaya:
I believe it has to do with how an infinite ammo mod works. In Gmod, there a two different "places" that your ammo can go. Your weapon, and your reserve. Usually, ammo goes from your reserve into your weapon. However, there's a distinction between normal weapons and ArcVR weapons.
ArcVR weapons don't take your reserve ammo directly like normal weapons. Instead, ArcVR takes your reserve ammo, puts that into a magazine, and then you put that into a gun. This means that infinite ammo mods, that put infinite ammo directly into your gun (such as EWA), will not work with ArcVR. Your infinite ammo mod actually needs put ammo into your reserve for it to work properly.

TLDR: Make sure your inf ammo mod actually gives you infinite reserve ammo.
Pizza Man 14 Sep, 2020 @ 7:19pm 
Originally posted by xandycw:
Found something wrong/unexpected with the addon? Post it here, preferably with an error (from the console) and screenshots.
With the python, the speedloader only has 1 bullet in any of the 6 shells. So I have 1 actual bullet, and 5 empty casings.

The shells for the shotgun are missing textures.

Snarks are pink (I'm guessing also a missing textures problem.)

And I expected there to be a grenade launcher in the MP5 but I guess not. Would suggest adding one if you can, though!
xandycw  [developer] 14 Sep, 2020 @ 11:21pm 
Originally posted by Engineer Gaming 1:
With the python, the speedloader only has 1 bullet in any of the 6 shells. So I have 1 actual bullet, and 5 empty casings.

And I expected there to be a grenade launcher in the MP5 but I guess not. Would suggest adding one if you can, though!

The issue with the revolver is on your end. Read the above comments, it's an inf ammo thing.
Grenade launcher is hard to add due to arcvr not supporting secondary fire.
Maybe subscribe to Hugo's VR weapons to get the shotgun shell tex? I'll look into it
About the snark, I mightve forgotten to include the mats so for now you'll need black Mesa mounted to gmod.

Typing this on phone so sorry about any errors.
Hugo  [developer] 15 Sep, 2020 @ 11:16am 

Oh hey I just remembered, ArcVR is sometimes a bit iffy with the amount of ammo it gives you when you *first give* yourself the gun via the spawnmenu. For the revolver, it'll only give you one bullet, instead of Gmod's usual 9999, which means you just have to spawn some
357 HL:Source ammo through the spawnmenu. Completely forgot about this when responding to other threads reporting an ammo bug.
Pizza Man 28 Oct, 2020 @ 1:28am 

The issue with the revolver is on your end. Read the above comments, it's an inf ammo thing.
Maybe subscribe to Hugo's VR weapons to get the shotgun shell tex? I'll look into it
About the snark, I mightve forgotten to include the mats so for now you'll need black Mesa mounted to gmod.

Hey so question, I only thought about this now. Gmod cant' mount Black Mesa, so how would I go about doing that??
xandycw  [developer] 28 Oct, 2020 @ 4:59am 
Originally posted by Pizza Man:

Hey so question, I only thought about this now. Gmod cant' mount Black Mesa, so how would I go about doing that??

Follow this guide
doggoisfluff 14 Feb, 2021 @ 6:06pm 
Originally posted by Hugo:
Originally posted by Ayaya:
I believe it has to do with how an infinite ammo mod works. In Gmod, there a two different "places" that your ammo can go. Your weapon, and your reserve. Usually, ammo goes from your reserve into your weapon. However, there's a distinction between normal weapons and ArcVR weapons.
ArcVR weapons don't take your reserve ammo directly like normal weapons. Instead, ArcVR takes your reserve ammo, puts that into a magazine, and then you put that into a gun. This means that infinite ammo mods, that put infinite ammo directly into your gun (such as EWA), will not work with ArcVR. Your infinite ammo mod actually needs put ammo into your reserve for it to work properly.

TLDR: Make sure your inf ammo mod actually gives you infinite reserve ammo.
hey i disabled my infinite ammo but it still only gives me one
and if i do get this working do you have any infinite ammo with reserve?
stevegamer4235 15 Apr, 2021 @ 4:14pm 
so basically the shotgun shells are a missing texture and also when I try to pump it, I can't pump it foward for some reason. I have all the addons installed and it doesn't work, please help.
Proto (pr0t0typ3) 28 May, 2021 @ 7:38am 
that shotgun pump bug is still happening, the grip points are still bugged out on the shotgun, even INS2 has that problem, just worse and farther from the pump. would you mind fixing that problem cause Its starting to get annoying.
Neddo 11 Jul, 2021 @ 6:02am 
cant pump the shotgun and the shells have no texture
Johannes 29 Nov, 2021 @ 6:42pm 
have had this problem for awhile and Idk what happen.
I have used the arc guns before but now they just don't work anymore I can't grab ammo and can't shoot at all please someone if you know the answer please tell me.
I am on quest 2 if that has anything to do with it
Skullsteppa 24 Jul, 2023 @ 2:30pm 
missing shell textures and the shotgun dont pump
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50