Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Admin System
banuno 8 May, 2021 @ 12:03pm
Admin System not working in Singleplayer and Local Servers (Solved)
First, i want to clarify that my "steam_1" id is in the admin.txt file, so don't just be quick and say that.

Second, any command that i type wont work; I tried adding myself as an admin, but it still doesn't work.

Lastly, If you have any answers, please tell me in the comments. :hej:
THIS POST HAS BEEN SOLVED 6 MONTHS AGO
Last edited by banuno; 23 Oct, 2021 @ 1:35pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Maur0 8 May, 2021 @ 4:55pm 
Deactivate all the mods you have and leave the Admin System alone to check that there are no mods that conflict with it. Example: some other mod that contains some scripts.
banuno 9 May, 2021 @ 5:40pm 
Originally posted by Maur0:
Deactivate all the mods you have and leave the Admin System alone to check that there are no mods that conflict with it. Example: some other mod that contains some scripts.
i was about to try right now. also many other mods arent working, but it might work
not_requested49 17 May, 2021 @ 8:26am 
did it work for you? me and 2 other people are also having similar issues with our system not working as well
banuno 17 May, 2021 @ 10:22am 
it has started working again, might be one of your mods conflicting like me

Originally posted by not_requested49:
did it work for you? me and 2 other people are also having similar issues with our system not working as well
not_requested49 18 May, 2021 @ 1:20pm 
it doesnt say anything conflicts though, just an error in the console
banuno 18 May, 2021 @ 1:28pm 
try verifying your game files in properties, or redownload the mod. if it doesnt work, your probably screwed

it doesnt say anything conflicts though, just an error in the console
Last edited by banuno; 18 May, 2021 @ 1:41pm
not_requested49 18 May, 2021 @ 2:03pm 
i tried both already xd i hope not tho

i mean its saying whats causing the error, and i tried removing the line that was causing it altogether in the game's files, but it didnt work
banuno 18 May, 2021 @ 2:05pm 
i tried both already xd i hope not tho

i mean its saying whats causing the error, and i tried removing the line that was causing it altogether in the game's files, but it didnt work
try deleting random addons one by one, see which one conflicts. thats what i did, if that doesnt work, your defenitley screwed
No tengo skillch 9 Jul, 2021 @ 11:09pm 
I think im screwed, the admin mod thing is not clonficting and i reinstalled the game.
Russia moment 3 Sep, 2021 @ 4:00pm 
its rac banned bc people abused it in versus servers i guess
CaptPatrick01 11 Oct, 2021 @ 10:31pm 
Yeah, Valve stopped allowing remote admins. You can't use the commands on a dedicated server anymore even if you are it's admin.
Arminda 19 Oct, 2021 @ 3:14pm 
in singleplayer it works for me, !kill works everywhere, others like !give dont. far as i know !give only works in blood harvest. all in singleplayer
Tayzor Azul 23 Oct, 2021 @ 1:30pm 
Originally posted by ᎮᏗᎥᏁ:
its rac banned bc people abused it in versus servers i guess
You can't use this online it will not work. However on hosted servers that is a different story.
HOMELANDER 24 Oct, 2021 @ 4:29pm 
quit working a few days ago.
yeah it is not working
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50