RimWorld

RimWorld

Z-Levels Beta
Mepho 14 Jun, 2020 @ 1:00pm
Compatibility list?
Hello, I tried to test this mod as I, like everyone else probably, find it very very interesting with so many possiblities, but I can't manage to make it work, apparently.
I've been playing with a long long list of mods and I expected this to have issues with at least some of them, but I tried anyway so I just added Z-levels to the list and made a test colony.

Apparently everything was cool until the moment a pawn goes underground (didn't test the up stair). The ladder gets built, the progress bar for "descending" fills but the moment the pawn should "relocate" the game just crashes.

I could not have it work in any way. I stripped my mods to the few most basic ones (like UI improvements, trying to avoid anything that could affect the map or pawn navigation, like giddy up or the hauling improvements) but it would always work the same: all fine until changing floor, it seems whenever the game tries to load the underground map it breaks.

My question is:
does anyone have a list of compatibility issues or vice versa of tested compatibility of other very popular mods?

I'd love to find a compromise where I can use this while retaining at least some of the QoL and features I've got used to now, as they are kind of integral to the fun I have with the game at this point, but I don't want to waste hours restarting the game creating a new colony for every single mod I've subscribed.

I also understand giving the author time to work is a necessity, I'm not trying to hurry anyone up and I expect such a massive modification to need ironing for a long time before it works well enough. I'd just love to try it out, so if anyone's having it work in conjuction with other mods I'd greatly appreciate the info so I can try and find a satisfactory mod setup to test it out.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
CrackaJack 15 Jun, 2020 @ 10:58am 
hey man, if you traverse levels for the first time the game has to load a new map(like when youre caravaning).
i thought it crashed too, but it turned out it just took a moment to load.
did the game close by itself, or did you click "close" on the "program is not responding" popup?(did you get that popup?) in what way does the game "break"?i didnt come across any bugs as far as i know, i think it should behave as it does for me(at least yet)
im playing with a pretty large modlist aswell, some alien races, deepstorage, pick up and haul and 100+ more. no "desire paths" though.
and if its not incompatible with pick up and haul, giddy up or deepstorage, and even sos2 compatibility was announced (iirc), i cant imagine this mod having lots of incompatibilities(i kind of expect none at all) BUT its probably gonna be a couple weeks until this is rlly useful^^
i think this mod is just a taste of whats to come
Mepho 15 Jun, 2020 @ 4:13pm 
Originally posted by CrackaJack:
hey man, if you traverse levels for the first time the game has to load a new map(like when youre caravaning).
i thought it crashed too, but it turned out it just took a moment to load.
did the game close by itself, or did you click "close" on the "program is not responding" popup?(did you get that popup?) in what way does the game "break"?i didnt come across any bugs as far as i know, i think it should behave as it does for me(at least yet)
im playing with a pretty large modlist aswell, some alien races, deepstorage, pick up and haul and 100+ more. no "desire paths" though.
and if its not incompatible with pick up and haul, giddy up or deepstorage, and even sos2 compatibility was announced (iirc), i cant imagine this mod having lots of incompatibilities(i kind of expect none at all) BUT its probably gonna be a couple weeks until this is rlly useful^^
i think this mod is just a taste of whats to come
Oh it just hangs.
I didn't consider it might be calculating since it does the exact same when it happens to crash for other reasons, it just hangs and never un-freezes. I have no idea how long I waited, from the second time on I straight closed it from task manager immediately. I'll try again and give it a few minutes just to make sure it is indeed crashed.

It's good to know this seems to actually be so easily compatible, giddy up is one of the first ones I unloaded. :D

I'll load a working save with a few mods and see how it goes.

[edit]
Indeed it worked, it takes some time but it does work. I suppose my expectations were set too low.
I'll play around a bit and see how many of my mods I can safely add, then post my own list then.

This also explains why I wasn't reading as many "compatiblity requests" as I thought I would. :D
Last edited by Mepho; 15 Jun, 2020 @ 4:24pm
Mepho 15 Jun, 2020 @ 5:05pm 
Ok, after testing it out a bit I can't seem to find an application besides moving between walled in settlements or something along those lines. I think I'll wait until it's made so that the layers aren't treated as different maps and pawns can move between them without drafting.

Thanks for the answer nonetheless, it was pretty silly of me to not think about it before writing here. :D

I don't think I will test the mod further, so I'm gonna wait a bit and delete the thread, possibly tomorrow.

[edit]
Since others are making this thread useful and I wanted to delete it to remove clutter, I'll just leave it here instead.
Last edited by Mepho; 16 Jun, 2020 @ 6:48pm
Akuma. 16 Jun, 2020 @ 7:55am 
hi my modlist works well but i already have a mod that is incompactible with another on (combat extendet 1.1) with i don t know which but my colonist have now problems to make tasks like cleaning or hauling with the Z mod it s went a bit more buggy but it still works my game crashes never with it it right that the game need to generate the new map for a while it takes my Laptop that is many years old near 30 sec to generate the map my colonist can now haul the stuff also (but i don t know why the bug is now less strong) downstairs i just have to set the priority of my main storage zone underground a bit higher and it works well but my colonist new take a bracke so long as the fell down and sleep if i don t say them manuel to eat or sleep :/ .

Akuma. 16 Jun, 2020 @ 8:14am 
My modlist is Here: Harmony, Ceiling Grow light, HughsLib , Bad can Be Good , H.C-ThrumboReskin , Vanilla Furniture Expanded / security/ power module / spacer furnitur , Vanilla Armour Expanded , Vanilla weapons Expanded-laserweapons, Reinforced walls , Sun lights(1.0) (1.1), Metals trader , More components , REemove skill decay , DermalRegenerator,GeiserFreeGeo ( for underground energy that is not based on wood or fuel generators) , Harvest evrything, combat extended , combat extended German, ReaserchPal, Veinminer R1.1 , RunAndGun , EdB Prepare Carefully , glitter tech , Aquarium, JecsTools , A RimWorld of magic , Z-Levels beta . If somebody know which mods are so highly incompactible please say it THX and i hope this list help for the future of Z-Levels!
CrackaJack 16 Jun, 2020 @ 10:12am 
i dont think theire automatically hauling, cleaning or doing any kind of work on a lower or higher z-level. just trust the devs, and wait a bit^^ und dein englisch ist schwer zu verstehen
Akuma. 16 Jun, 2020 @ 11:57am 
na danke
CrackaJack 16 Jun, 2020 @ 1:04pm 
ach, sorry. reicht ja durchaus, um komplexe texte zu schreiben
megahero60 16 Jun, 2020 @ 6:05pm 
I think SYR camping is affecting this mod on game, its giving me a mood bonus as if i'm traveling.
other then that hear's what else seems be odd to me but i cant say if its normal as i haven't played purely with this mod and nothing else.

as well as i can not send caravans to the underground level i made or hold prisoners down there ( dragged dead immortal from immortal mod down there and beat him up till he downed when revived but only when the only prison bed in that level in his room was changed to colonist would he be dragged to the standard map floor above to be imprisoned.) other then that seems like resource transfer sorta works sometimes from lower to upper level but not really from above to below. (couple raids, 0 underground besides a couple running down the ladder, but taking while with 8 or less skill miners haven't encountered anything yet.

so far overall working decently with my mods though
Grencham 24 Jun, 2020 @ 12:15am 
So far most of my modlist seems to be working without too many difficulties. However, Hospitality doesn't seem to allow guests to recognize guest beds on lower levels, and rescuing a guest and bringing them underground seems to bug their ai, causing them to never leave and not allowing them to be sent away.

Otherwise I have been having problems with pawns idling on the wrong level when they have work to do elsewhere that I can't for sure blame on another mod or vanilla behaviour, as well as an issue where a quest reward for royalty did not arrive despite completing the quest. Can anyone else confirm these?

Mods I'm running in order:
harmony, Hugslib, humanoid alien races 2.0, andriod tiers, infinite turrets, cleaning area, pawn rules, archotechexpanded, wall light, brr and phew, smart speed, utility columns, vanilla furniture expanded, dubs bad hygiene, efficient utilities, plant growing wall ligjt, better spike traps, vault, simply more floors, tilled soil, mad skills, minify everything, simple sidearms, [ling]cooler, dontblockdoormod, power logic, where is my weapon?, misc training, better vanilla masking, ogre stack, trading spot, everybody gets one, rim fridge, replace stuff, vegetable garden, vegetable garden drinks/gourmet/medicine/resources, edbprepare carefully, embrasures, epoe, designator shapes, complex jobs, research pal, pick up and haul, p-music, just ignore me passing, dynamic population, run and gun, recipe icons, rim writer, quality builder, ugh you got me, hospitality, work tab, stabilize, z-levels, psychology, while youre up, bad can be good, more furniture, bulk stone cutting, carry capacity fixed, compact hediffs, metal dont burn, automatic night owl, heat map, filth vanished with rain and time, rpg style inventory, save our ship 2 (havent tested), mend and recycle, quarry (havent tested), skilled stonecutting, path avoid, and more sculptures

Edit: OH also, raids seem to be calculated solely on what I have above ground, which is next to nothing, so I have yet to experience a single raid with more than a single raider on randy "strive to survive"
Last edited by Grencham; 24 Jun, 2020 @ 12:18am
Raksaнутый 18 Oct, 2020 @ 12:37am 
plz make it compatible with expended roofing
GameBurrow 14 Nov, 2020 @ 1:19am 
When using Dubs Bad Hygene

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=836308268

you have the issue of being unable to transfer pipes between levels.
Last edited by GameBurrow; 14 Nov, 2020 @ 1:20am
Winterwolf 15 Dec, 2020 @ 8:16pm 
I wonder if they plan to fix the dubs bad hygiene. Does Hospitality work fine with this?
odhrain 2 May, 2021 @ 9:56am 
Originally posted by GameBurrow:
When using Dubs Bad Hygene
you have the issue of being unable to transfer pipes between levels.

Works now for me. Pipes of the other level are visible in building mode and every pipe that has the same coordinates autoconects with a dot symbol.

P.S.: Seems to only function upwards. So the waterworks have to be on the lowest connected level. Not sure if intended. But would make some sense. And not realy a big problem if known.
Last edited by odhrain; 2 May, 2021 @ 1:33pm
odhrain 2 May, 2021 @ 10:13am 
Originally posted by Winterwolf:
Does Hospitality work fine with this?

Guest use ladders in some cases, but then they are trapped and do not find back to the main level. So they can never leave. (Hotel California ;-) )

Current workaround: Only build hospitality related stuff on the main level and secure ladders with doors that guests are not allowed to pass.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50