RimWorld

RimWorld

Z-Levels Beta
RamRod  [developer] 12 Jun, 2020 @ 10:09am
Bug Reports
Please post all bug reports along with a detailed explanation of

-What caused the bug
-A complete list of mods
-Post a save of your game along with a save of just before the issue happened (this is very important as we need to be able to REPLICATE the issue)
-What trouble shooting steps you have already taken
-Was this a map that you added the mod to mid game?
-Have you disabled any mods prior to this mod?
Last edited by RamRod; 13 Jun, 2020 @ 11:32am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 473 comments
Aelfangor 12 Jun, 2020 @ 12:26pm 
I put my storage zone in the basement and none of it counts anywhere else. If I am on the normal level and want to build a wooden bed, there will be no wood in my inventory until I go in the basement. But then my colonists won't grab any wood to start the blueprint. This would be the same if I had my storage on the normal level and I wanted to build anything on any other level.
RamRod  [developer] 12 Jun, 2020 @ 12:31pm 
I see. We will look into potential fixes.
having much of the same problem as the other person. decided to build an underground base with this, and colonists will not haul materials to constructions underground, nor will they haul to underground stockpiles. if i send them up the ladder, they'll go and do one haul job, but once they come back down they "forget" the rest of the aboveground items and stop hauling. as a result, my hunter will take down a pack of animals only to haul one down and forget about the rest, and my plant cutter will cut down trees as long as he's up there, but will only bring down a stack of wood and forget about the rest.
dividemysky 12 Jun, 2020 @ 5:46pm 
A bunch of animals spawned in tunnels (underground) on the first level that I dug down to - probably not intended?
RamRod  [developer] 12 Jun, 2020 @ 5:49pm 
@the dog that refreshes! Can you hop over to the Discord and send us a copy of your save in the beta-bugs-report
Fallen Knight 12 Jun, 2020 @ 10:02pm 
I have a continuation with the bug that I spoke about yesterday. How it turns out, I do not know. I created a ladder, sent a pawn there, generation takes place (but the pawn did not go to a new location, although it usually does), I re-sent it there and it was inside, pressed to go to the surface and nothing happens, saved, loaded, go to a new level and ... layer generation! He made me another layer and my pawn was trapped! 8)
CptVodka 12 Jun, 2020 @ 10:36pm 
I also have this problem.
Just started with the mod. I've got loads of other mods.. So may be a mod conflict?

I've got 10 pawns (Kind of an accelerated start because i just want to try it out for now). 2 of them constantly stays downstairs and digs. They're incapable of hauling.

1 pawn is constantly moving things from the ladder to the storage underground. He has haul unselected, but haul+ selected (mod) with the things by the ladder selected for haul+.

The rest of the pawns.. Wanders around upstairs doing nothing. They all have haul enabled.
I have to click them to go down the ladder which in turn makes them go back up, get some stuff and go down to put stuff just by the ladder, then they'll go back up again and just wander around again.
While wandering around they have "queued unloading inventory", while actually not carrying anything more than what they're supposed to (Their clothes and their weapons).

All of the pawns has dig enabled. So if there was nothing to haul.. They should've gone down to dig. Seems like some kind of pathfinding issue i guess? I.e, they know there's a storage but can't find the route.
AeonYue 13 Jun, 2020 @ 1:01am 
Observed pawns not hauling correctly, based on the priority systems of the stock locations immediately after a new layer is generated by this mod. After a few minutes, the pawns stop moving and more or less standing or begin sleeping in place. I presume the banked lists of paths / tasks of each pawn ran out.

Save file reloaded, resulting a terrain render error. Portions of the map now have white tiles, with the distribution resembling a noise map. This occurs on the original layer, and the new layer created by the mod. I couldn't see any consistency between tiles that are made white and those which don't. Pawns develop the same path finding and task queuing defect observed before reload.
Ten_Tacles 13 Jun, 2020 @ 4:39am 
Two pawns who are married refuse to sleep in the same bed, and will actively leave the others bed if I force them together. It worked fine before adding this mod.

EDIT: Removing the underground layer, will make it work again.

If they are underground and have nothing to do there, they will go idle, even if jobs like cleaning and research are available on the surface.
Last edited by Ten_Tacles; 13 Jun, 2020 @ 4:43am
coatlakuma 13 Jun, 2020 @ 5:22am 
As mentioned earlier, new floors are not considered to be the same location as the main one - for example, when moving to any floor other than the main one, a mudlet appears that there is no throne room, which actually is on the main floor
??? 13 Jun, 2020 @ 6:25am 
I found a dragon in a cave, from the Dragons mod. I don't think it should work that way
https://i.imgur.com/waOMCib.png
??? 13 Jun, 2020 @ 6:27am 
No, not just dragons. There's basically a lot of animals to spawn
AGingersaurusRex 13 Jun, 2020 @ 10:10am 
- So when I go underground, there is no ladder that allows pawns to return to the surface (from Z(0) to Z(-1). When creating a lower floor, can an "Up" Ladder be created automatically in the same X and Y position? The work around is simply to create the Up Ladder once you are down there. This doesn't seem to happen with the other levels.
- when I build a new floor, the shadow doesn't seem to get passed through all levels. (Built a 25x25 area on Z(3) --> Z(2) had the 25x25 shadow, but Z(1) and Z(0) had no 25x25 area shadow)
- I kept building up for ♥♥♥♥♥ and giggles, but the mountains don't seem to end. shouldn't there be a point where you have built above the mountain and no longer see them?
- werid issue where a raider keeps running up the ladder, back down, then runs around 15-20 tiles away, and then repeats indefinitely
Last edited by AGingersaurusRex; 13 Jun, 2020 @ 10:19am
RamRod  [developer] 13 Jun, 2020 @ 11:29am 
@AGingersaurusRex it sounds like you have some sort of mod compatibility issues. It should drop 2 different ladders so you can return. Also I have not heard of anybody else having that issue of constantly returning back and forth for the raiders, it sounds like some sort of AI mod that conflicts.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 473 comments
Per page: 1530 50