Half-Life: Alyx

Half-Life: Alyx

Belomorskaya Station
Jim Spin  [developer] 28 May, 2020 @ 8:16am
Known Bugs & Issues
Major
  • Physics collisions in the train cart can potentially cause the flare to be stuck underground. Fixed in V1.2
  • Currently uses logic_save instead of trigger_autosave. While this doesn't affect the experience of the map it may cause problems with loading states. Fixed in V1.2

Minor
  • Gap in stairs leading to safe room Fixed in V1.2
  • Brightness in safe room needs adjusting Fixed in V1.2
  • Poor looking grip point on the flare for lefties
  • Flare uses a light_spot instead of light_omni making it less like a flare and more of a big old flashlight. At the moment this is due to an engine limitation with per-pixel moving lights.
  • Flare can potentially get stuck in Xen flora due to lack of colliders.
  • G-man ending footsteps and eyes are not working as intended
  • Teleport users can move ahead of the intended ending spot breaking G-man's entrance. Fixed in V1.2

Design
  • Unable to view health due to lack of grabbity gloves. For now you'll have to rely on the heartbeat noise that starts on < 25 health.
Last edited by Jim Spin; 1 Jun, 2020 @ 1:21pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Lackhoves 31 May, 2020 @ 7:30am 
the map for me crashes when im using vulkan api.
Last edited by Lackhoves; 31 May, 2020 @ 7:31am
Jim Spin  [developer] 31 May, 2020 @ 7:36am 
Originally posted by Lackhoves:
the map for me crashes when im using vulkan api.

There's a known issue affecting Workshop maps with Vulkan API unfortunately. For now the solution is to use DirectX until Valve provide fixes.

denno 1 Jun, 2020 @ 3:49am 
Its possible for the zombie to whack the flare inside of the fleshy substance (behind the counter) when you first find it making it impossible to grab. Probably a rare occurrence but happened for me.
Jim Spin  [developer] 1 Jun, 2020 @ 5:47am 
Originally posted by MG:
Its possible for the zombie to whack the flare inside of the fleshy substance (behind the counter) when you first find it making it impossible to grab. Probably a rare occurrence but happened for me.

Thanks for the heads up. I did actually disable collisions on the xen flora as it could lead to motion sickness for locomotion users (bumping up and down when moving) but I might just add a mesh around the area. I'll add it on the to-do list.
Matx39 1 Jun, 2020 @ 1:46pm 
for the flare; could you use multiple light-sources straped to the flare?
MonoFR 2 Jun, 2020 @ 11:18am 
During the scene with the gate and wheel you have to turn the zombies glitched out after i accidentally let the gate down and had to reopen it. The zombies from the left stopped attacking me because they started to collide on eachother and the barrel. And at the door with a button that turns the lights out a health syringe got stuck on the ground, idk how but it did.
Last edited by MonoFR; 2 Jun, 2020 @ 11:19am
Mixie 2 Jun, 2020 @ 2:37pm 
As you exit the train there is a doorway forward and a doorway to the right. You are supposed to take the doorway on the right as the doorway forward is blocked. However, there is an invisible wall that collides with your hands if you put them forward. Minor issue but possibly immersion breaking. Its a great map, I should not have played it before bed haha :)
Paradise Decay 4 Jun, 2020 @ 2:21am 
I lost the flare a few times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-aAu3MY9M (Around 20:50 in the video)
Maxmystere 7 Jun, 2020 @ 9:36am 
There is a problem with the flare when use main hand as left hand (I discovered it late in the game when I grabbed the flash light by the other hand and saw the snapping

https://youtu.be/lDAmZV2GvxM?t=353
Last edited by Maxmystere; 7 Jun, 2020 @ 9:38am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50