Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns

Nightmare Harvest
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 20 Dec, 2013 @ 7:45pm
Post bugs here!
Just to keep them in one spot.

SOMETHING TO TRY:

If you're having trouble (especially near the end of the game, and especially if you spend a bunch of time in the editor), try clearing the game's cache. Nightmare Harvest is pretty trigger-heavy, and that seems to gum up the works for some people (don't know why, exactly). To do that, go: F1 --> Type "clearCache" without quotes into the box in the top left corner --> Enter. The game will crash. That's normal. But when it reloads it sometimes runs a little smoother.
Last edited by Lockjaw Nightvision; 12 Jan, 2014 @ 9:54am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 225 comments
Jivebot 20 Dec, 2013 @ 7:52pm 
When I got the +1 Charisma from that elf doctor's BTL's it bumped me from 9 to 10(I'm Human, so yay for going past the limit), but did not grant me the new etiquette yer supposed to get for charisma 10. Sad face.
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 20 Dec, 2013 @ 8:16pm 
Thanks Red. I understand your problem much better now! In the new update, he'll give you corporate (which I promise is useful), but I've found a workaround so that you'll be rewarded properly in the next update (I just don't want to push out another right away unless it's game-breaking).
Jivebot 20 Dec, 2013 @ 10:13pm 
That'd be great for me since I don't have Corporate, but might kinda suck for people who already do. I'm referring to the new Etiquette everyone is supposed to choose when they raise Charisma to 10. If he's gonna give an Eitquette regardless that's definitely sweet(I hate having my RP options limited because I chose to play a race with a low Charisma cap), but people would still lose out on their option Etiquette, know what I mean?
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 21 Dec, 2013 @ 1:04am 
Totally. The problem is that the menu to choose the new one doesn't fire automatically when you force the game to add a stat point. So, to work around that, I wrote a new conversation tree where the Scientist will let you choose a new ettiquitte at char 2, 4, 6, or 8. It'll be in the next push.
Desertcat 21 Dec, 2013 @ 11:55am 
"628" Unfinishable
After killing Tama, I cannot leave the 8th floor.
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 21 Dec, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Hm, very strange. I just did a full playthrough with no issues. Can you tell me more about the specific conditions? Are you playing the latest build? What's your class? Is Ken doing the weird thing where he wanders off through the walls? Did you disable or destroy the turrets? Anything, really, that you know will help me figure out what the problem is.
Desertcat 21 Dec, 2013 @ 1:53pm 
4th time was the charm...However to give the details I should have known to give the first time:
1) 1.1.1 version of the game, via Steam on Win7.
2) Every time, Ken did the wander off the screen thing.
3) When it did not work, I did not get the dialog with Ken to kill his brother after killing Tama.
4) When it worked, I did the "what now?" dialog with Ken every opportunity throughout the level.
5) When it worked, Ken started across the floor in the BTL lab, but for the first time, he participated in that fight.

Like I said, this is an extra good Module. I'm a fan, to be sure. Thanks for all of your hard work on this.
-Desertcat
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 21 Dec, 2013 @ 2:22pm 
Thanks for the deets. It sounds like an AI issue with Ken. Super weird since I can play the level over and over again in test and he does exactly wht he's supposed to, and all the triggers *seem* like they're functioning properly. I'm glad you managed to fight your way through it, but I'm sorry it was such an inconvenience. I'll have to run the level a few more times to see if I can figure out what his deal is. In the short term, if you encounter AI issues like this (in any module), try hitting F1 and typing clearCache into the command box in the top left. It'll crash your game, but when you boot back up things tend to go a bit smoother.
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 21 Dec, 2013 @ 3:44pm 
I just pushed through an update that should help. Desertcat is through now, but if you're reading this and still having problems, please let me know what they are!
Feltaker 22 Dec, 2013 @ 4:04am 
I have killed everyone in gunther's candy shoppe and saved the woman. Now i can't leave the area.
erickp 22 Dec, 2013 @ 6:31am 
I downloaded the build for the first time a couple of days ago. I'm using an elf mage character with some shotgun and shaman skills (created with the custom "?" option), turned off the turrets, bought a flamethrower III spell on the way up, got to the top floor, killed Tama and then nothing else happens. Looted the room and then ran out of options, can't talk to Ken or his brother or leave the floor.
igornerdlife 22 Dec, 2013 @ 10:03am 
I can't leave the area of Gunther's Candy Shoppe neither.
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 22 Dec, 2013 @ 10:21am 
Hey Erick, Did you try again recently? I'm not sure what the issue is, but it seems to work for some people, but not for others. I can't replicate the bug with any reliability. I've done everything I could think of to simplify the triggers, and it's worked in every test I've run. If your save is inside the 628, try leaving, coming back, then dumping the game's cache (F1->typle clearCache into the cmd box in the top left. It'll crash, that's normal). If it's still giving you trouble, let me know!
Lockjaw Nightvision  [developer] 22 Dec, 2013 @ 10:22am 
Have you killed Gunter? You have to go upstairs in the top right corner? His dialogue re-enables the door prop.
igornerdlife 22 Dec, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
Yes, I did.
In order: left the weapons in the stash, paid to enter, talked with the barman, made a Charisma check to make him give me the battle milk for free, started a brawl, enjoyed the "dance" (I feel a little bad about that, but I think it can't be avoided and the scene is awesome anyway), entered the room, killed Gunter and saved the woman.
When I go to the exit, there is no icon to leave the area.
I tried in a couple other ways (just start the fight, paying the barman for the drink) but the results seems the same.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 225 comments
Per page: 1530 50