DayZ
PvZmoD_CustomisableZombies
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Liven  [developer] 7 Apr, 2020 @ 5:55am
Installation Instructions
Common Steps
The mod needs to be load server and client side.
  • Subscribe to the mod in the workshop.
  • Copy the @PvZmoD_CustomisableZombies folder from your !Workshop client folder to your server root folder.
  • Copy the Liven.bikey file to the server keys folder.
  • Add "-mod=@PvZmoD_CustomisableZombies" in your .bat server launching file
("-mod=@PvZmoD_CustomisableZombies;@OtherMod" if you have other mods to load).
Note that this mod has to be loaded server and client side.

Profile files
These files will allow you to customise the mod as you want.

Start the server once, the Customisable Zombies profile folder will be automatically created in your server profile folder.

Launch the game and press numpad4 (you should see a red message), a “PvZmoD_CustomisableZombies_Admins.txt” file with your Steam64ID will be created in the Customisable Zombies profile folder.
If you need you can add more steamID in this admin file.

I do not recommend to you to use files provided by other mods (like SkinCraft) because I can't guarantee that they are up to date.

Set Your Server Custom Link in the PvZ information panel:
Not mandatory but highly recommended if you want your players easily access to your discord (or other website you choose)
Follow the tutorial here
(if already done because you use another PvZmoD, you don't need to do it again)

Tweaks
The installation is done. Now you can tweak the values in the xml files to fit your server needs and press numpad4 ingame (or restart server) to apply changes.

IMPORTANT (for future updates)
This mod is Fully Customisable. Tweaking means taking precautions to not redo things.

When futur updates of the mod will occures, always take a look to the patch notes because changements can occur in profile files that imply to copy again the files in your profile folder. I'll try to group these changes to not have to update too often and most of these updates should not be mandatory (as long as it is just tweaks).

Bonus advice
I Created a “News” thread that I recommend you to subscribe to because I will share on it some informations that can be useful. It is for you the best way to don't be surprise by updates that need some file adjustments for example.
Last edited by Liven; 16 May, 2021 @ 7:54am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 86 comments
Zed 10 Apr, 2020 @ 4:10am 
Where is the "PvZmoD_CustomisableZombies_Profile" folder? I just downloaded the mod and it's not in there.
Liven  [developer] 10 Apr, 2020 @ 6:03am 
@BetterDeadThanZed it should be in the mod folder (@PvZmoD_CustomisableZombies).
Try to delete and redownload the mod.
Zed 10 Apr, 2020 @ 8:10am 
There's only an Addons folder, a Keys folder and two .cpp files
Liven  [developer] 10 Apr, 2020 @ 8:17am 
Did you Unsubscribe/Resubscribe (maybe verify if there is a residual folder to delete before resub) ?
Do you use a special tool to automaticaly install the mod on the server?
If yes, is the folder here when you subscribe as a simple player on your local machine?

My side I unsubscribed, verified if folder is delete then resubsribed and the folder is here again.
(and other admins seam to not have problem)
snaivi 16 Apr, 2020 @ 4:31am 
Hi Liven congratulations for this mod, I think is really usefull. I have installed PS2R Zombie Mod in my server and I would like to configure their strengthm they are already more resistant. Can you chose in the configuration files of this mod, which zombies do you apply this config, Or it's applyed to every zombie with the same values?.
Last edited by snaivi; 16 Apr, 2020 @ 4:32am
Liven  [developer] 16 Apr, 2020 @ 5:15am 
@snaivi by default the "ZombieBase" values (last section in the list) of the characteristics.xml are applied to all zombies that are not in the characteristics.xml list.

If you want to keep PS2R zombie health and modify (or not) their other characteristics you have to add a new section for each new zombie and set their Health_Points to 10000 (the PS2R default health value will be used).
If you want to keep the other values close to the vanilla one you can set the values of the "ZombieBase" section to your new sections.

Important : add these new sections at the beginning of the list (contrary to what it is says in help message)
Bloodman123726 22 Apr, 2020 @ 10:20am 
How does this work with your customizable zombie spawns?
Bloodman123726 22 Apr, 2020 @ 10:28am 
I have both your spawn system and this mod for my server yet the zombies continue to act unchanged
Liven  [developer] 22 Apr, 2020 @ 10:33am 
Do you have red messages when you press numpad5 (for spawn system) and numpad4 (for customisable zombies).
What behaviour is not working? Spawn? Health? Speed?
Bloodman123726 22 Apr, 2020 @ 12:34pm 
All I've edited was the speed and I do not get any red messages when I press numpad 4 nor numpad 5
Liven  [developer] 22 Apr, 2020 @ 1:12pm 
did you set your steamID in the admins.txt files of the two profile folder mods?
Bloodman123726 22 Apr, 2020 @ 2:08pm 
Yeah I have the steam 64 ID underneath the text
Liven  [developer] 22 Apr, 2020 @ 2:26pm 
Are your screen message activated in your game options?
Do you load the mods server And client side?
MoyStrawberry 22 Apr, 2020 @ 3:15pm 
Bloodman asked me to say that the server has the mod, the key and also the -mods line and that his launcher has the mod installed and on
Liven  [developer] 22 Apr, 2020 @ 3:23pm 
Does he have the screen messages activated in his game options?

If yes and the message does not show, the mod is not loaded.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 86 comments
Per page: 1530 50