Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

(Obsolete, do not use) Mod Compatibility Checker
nhatanh0475 24 Aug, 2021 @ 5:04am
mods listed in the Mod Compatibility Checker aren't quite accurate.
[ID: 1643902284] "Watch It!":

- Compatible with Cities: Skylines 1.13.0-f8 :)

- Minor issues - check workshop page/comments for details.

- Harmony errors in log on game exit; doesn't seem to cause any problems.

- One report that it's incompatible with More Vehicles / 81 Tiles / AVO mods. See: https://github.com/keallu/CSL-WatchIt/issues/3

Originally posted by Allystrya:
Hello, Aubergine, I had no idea this was here until I was going through someone's compatibility log :)

I am not sure if this is appropriate for me to comment here but I wasn't sure how else to give you a bit more information. So it was here or a discussion thread that yelled your name as a title. I figured this would be better and I am sure you can always delete it :) I want to clarify the mods listed in the Mod Compatibility Checker aren't quite accurate.

I helped the gentleman because I love puzzles. I use 81 Tiles, AVO, More Vehicles, and Watch It among almost 90 mods and they all worked fine. The gentleman I helped didn't even have 10 mods and I had all of the ones he had but the mods obviously didn't get along. After the above interaction I continued testing and found the crashes only occurred when Watch It was combined with 81 Tiles and no other mods subbed.

However with more testing there are certain mods when combined with the two will stop the crashing process. Most of the Watch It author's mods will but not all. There were other mods as well worked not even related to these at all. I on the average did 5 loads of each mod that worked and retested each of those again after I went through every mod I happen to have. (I wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things after that many loads.)

I don't remember exactly what I saw in the logs. I have been keeping over a 100 crash folders from that day in case either author wants them.

I reported my findings to the Mod Thread, BP, and Keallu and moved along with life after my own curiosity was met. If you want a full list of mods that stop the crashes I can reproduce them again as I did not keep the logs from the working ones to see the differences.

I know it is wordy but figured giving the process might give some insight.

Thank you for listening.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
algernon 24 Aug, 2021 @ 5:16am 
Don't expect any updates, as the Mod Compatibility Checker has been abandoned.

It's now well over a year out of date, and its author has disappeared from the Cities:Skylines modding scene entirely.
nhatanh0475 24 Aug, 2021 @ 8:34am 
Weird how he recieve all of that reward and vanish, take with him ton of Steam point :/
nhatanh0475 2 Jan, 2022 @ 11:39pm 
Originally posted by algernon:
Don't expect any updates, as the Mod Compatibility Checker has been abandoned.

It's now well over a year out of date, and its author has disappeared from the Cities:Skylines modding scene entirely.
Well at least there are always a follow up make by someone else.

No longer maintained

Please use the new Compatibility Report mod instead, which is actively maintained and has some considerable improvements compared to my old mod compatibility checker.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50