RimWorld

RimWorld

Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Spacer Module
Repair shelf not working on psychic animal pulser?
I left a psychic animal pulser on the shelf for a few days, and it hasn't increased from 15/80 (19%). Does the shelf work on all items, or just "clothing, armour or weapons"?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
magneticflux- 31 May, 2021 @ 8:04pm 
It's been an in-game year, with no change. I think something's broken.
magneticflux- 4 Jun, 2021 @ 8:14pm 
I can confirm it works with other weapons. They tick up health at around 2 points per in-game hour.
Jalordon 23 Jun, 2021 @ 7:40am 
I think I remember a few months ago when I read the decompiled code, when I also noticed some items not repairing on the shelf, that the shelf checks if the item is in the "weapons" or "apparel" category to allow applying repairs.

line of code in question:
if ((firstItem != null && firstItem.get_HitPoints() != firstItem.get_MaxHitPoints() && firstItem.def.IsWithinCategory(ThingCategoryDefOf.Weapons)) || (firstItem != null && firstItem.get_HitPoints() != firstItem.get_MaxHitPoints() && firstItem.def.IsWithinCategory(ThingCategoryDefOf.Apparel)))

I assume these categories refer to the tags stockpiles use, ie it only repairs items if they are under the apparel or weapons category
Kikohi  [developer] 9 Aug, 2021 @ 1:34am 
@magneticflux You created a new thread, we don't get notified of that. That's why we never responded.

Yes the shelf only repair apparel and armors, with the last update, the storage tab has been updated to only have those categories.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50