Total War: WARHAMMER II

Total War: WARHAMMER II

NEW VERSION: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2191331084
Empire Units
I'm recently obtained two books regarding Empire units lores and their heraldry. The aim of this post is to open a clear post to help the creator to add units for the Empire faction with a clear reference to the lore.

My suggestions are linked to the lore of each unit and I'll try to justify their perks in this way. According to cap system, Legendary units should be obtained (and capped, ofc) with chain buildings as other Legendary units. I suggest to link them to capital city and their main building (fifth tier should be good)

All heraldry and colours are described on source books.

LEGENDARY UNITS

Von Kragsburg Guard (Averland)

Lore: Highly trained army, ready to serve under rich payments, famous for their prowess against ogres and other big foes around the old world.
Unit: basic Halberdiers with all their perks plus defenders and a buff on their damage against big foes.

Drakwald Patrols (Hochland)

Lore: Drakwald is a huge, dark and harsh forest. Hochland's Elector Counts created ad hoc units made up from veterans, to counter many foes around the forest. These patrols are composed by the Gruncaps, the Gunderman's Surefires and the Crimson Defiants.
Unit: (Gruncaps) basic Halberdiers with all their perks plus buff on their leadership (disciplined and encourage for example), it is reported that they use shields; (Gunderman's Surefires) basic Musketeers with anti-infantry bonus buff; (Crimson Defiants) basic Swordman with anti-infantry bonus buff and immune to psychology. All of this units should have Wood Elves buff when they are fighting near the woods.

Black Guard (Ostland)

Lore: The Ostland Black Guard are a very well-known regiment. As it is extremely difficult to use a greatsword properly, the Ostland Black Guard must spend many hours training.
In battle, the Black Guard stand somewhat farther away from each other than other units do. This is because of the fighting style associated with the greatsword. It is wielded in great arcing movements. Thus it is important that the members of the Ostland Black Guard do not get in the way of their comrades.The Black Guard are also noted to be stubborn, grim, and devoted to Morr.
Unit: as Greatswords with expert in CC and fear.

Swords of Ulric (Middenland)

If am I right, Xenos added this unit some patches ago. I'll take it here to check directly from the creator.

Grundel's Defender (Nuln)

Lore: this regiment has been raised to face goblinoids invasions and are trained to protect artillery with their life. They have not lost a single piece of artillery to the enemy and they are proud of this achievement.
Unit: basic Pikemen with shields plus discipline buff and defender perk.

Fireloques of Ferlangen (Ostland)

Lore: one of the most tenacious Ostland musketeers regiment, they are famous for their stoic defence against Norscan marauder during the Battle of the Littered Bones, when they refused to flee and started to club the Norscan with their guns. The fireloques are known for their odd superstions; they adorn their caps with the bones of their fallen comrades and other grim lucky charms.
Unit: basic Musketeers with discrete close combat ability (like Free Company Militiamen), aoe discipline debuff (due to the grim charms) and magic attacks.

Helhunten's Redeemers (Stirland)

Lore: Zealous regiment lead by the witch-hunter Joseph von Helhunten. This unit has been enforced by Sigmar priests to boost their zeal against their main foe, the Undead plague. Each man of this regiment has experienced loss from the obscure magic and have vowed revenge.
Unit: due to their mixed status, basic Free Company Militia fits better with buff on their CaC, anti-infantry perk and a limited Sigmar blessings as for the Sigmar Sisters.

Sterntower Marksmen (Wissenland)

Lore: this regiment has been raised to counter the newly orcs and trolls invasion on Wissenland. They're expert on big hunts and famous for their discipline. Often, the regiment left his garrison to conduct hunts on the near forest.
Unit: basic Croosbowmen with a slighlty buff on their stats, damage bonus to big foes and hunts/hide (like the hunters).

The Death's Heads (Ostermark)

Lore: this famous regiment was raised in the town of Essen, when Vlad von Carstein conquered the city. The folks of Essen were proud imperials citizen, so they took up shield and halberders and free their city from the undead. Actually, Deaths Heads are raised from the whole county of Ostermark. They still wear grim masks to shadow their identity and scare their foes.
Unit: basic Halberdiers with shield, immune to psychology and fear.

Van Klumpf's Buccaneers (Marienburg)

Lore: infamous mercenary regiment raised near the town of Marienburg. They're sturdy and ferocious sellswords that gained their skills due to their raids against Norscan villages and, sadly, sometimes even against the empire settlings.
Unit: as Nordland Mariners with a slight buff on stats and anti-infantry perks.

ADDITIONAL UNITS - KNIGHT ORDERS

Knights of Sigmar's Blood (Averland)

Lore: this proud Knight order is filled with the noble breed from the entire Empire. Their selection is the hardest within the Empire and each knight must spend a year studying in the church where a council of priests will judge his preparedness.
Unit: basic Imperial Cavalry with their perks plus fearless and a slight buff on their stats.

Knights Griffon (Reikland)

Lore: the youngest of the Orders, has been found by the famous Magnus the Pious. Their vows are to protect the high clergy of Sigmar and their cathedrals. They are famous for their martial skills and their steady training.
Unit: basic Imperial Cavalry with their perks plus very fast, discipline buff and expert in close combat.

Knights of the Black Rose (Stirland)

Lore: their foundation is shrouded in mistery and shadows, but it is attested around the Black Plague turmoils. They are devoted to Morr and adorn their armours and baldrics with the mournful fashion of their Deity.
Unit: as the Knights of Morr without the magic aura and the discipline debuff in CC.

Knights of the Broken Sword (Solland)

Lore: this order was created by Dott Barthos to counter beastmen warbands and the infamously Gorbad Ironclaw's invasion. The first cadre of knights were of humble origins, their relatives were from the devasted rural villages pillaged from the foes of the imperium. Due to their grim past, these knights travel around the Empire to eradicate the evil from their land.
Unit: basic Imperial Cavalry with slight buff and devastating charge.

ADDITIONAL UNITS

Free Company Militia - Close Combat role
Lore: as depicted on the boardgame, Militia can field double handweapons, making them a good anti-infantry units.
Unit: basic Free Company Militia with double handweapons, anti-infantry and fast attacks. They lose missile weapons and related perks on missile shots.

LORDS

Warrior Priest of Ulric

Lore: Warrior Priests of Ulric, also known as Wolf Priests, were mighty zealots of the Ulrican Faith. Blessed by the feral god himself, they take to the battlefield to spread the gospel of Ulric while spilling the blood of any enemies who would dare to oppose them.
Unit: as Sigmar Priests with Ulrican blessing (mainly focus on damage).

Battle Mage from the Gold Order

Lore: this order train the best alchemist of the Empire. Their skills make them rich and wealthy. During the battles, their skills can rust the armors of the enemies and make stronger those of the Empire soldiers.
Unit: standard battle mage with access to enchantments as Balthasar Gelt

Imperial Engineers

Lore: Engineers spend much of their time in their disorganized workshops, trying to develop new contraptions or improve existing ones. They are eccentric individuals, muttering incomprehensible words and bustling from one machine to another to improve its performance. While they are not soldiers, Engineers are often found on the battlefield, taking advantage of the fighting to field-test their latest inventions or snipe at the enemy with a variety of powerful experimental handguns.
Unit: like Dwarf engineers but with stats and perks as Empires citizen. Would be awesome if they'll obtain the famous mech steed :D.

Sources: Various Imperial Codex, Empire at War, Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire.
Last edited by Santi Cage from NOT THE IBEEZA; 8 May, 2020 @ 5:30am
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Xenos  [developer] 9 May, 2020 @ 5:12pm 
Thanks for the round up. You may want to check these mods for imperial units. You can find the Swords of Ulric there alongside a lot of other stuff: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2053486571

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1665589865
Last edited by Xenos; 9 May, 2020 @ 7:10pm
Hello mate, seems I was too zealous and too quick on my research about the Empire's mods. I miss a lot of stuff that add some units that I wrote on this topic. I checked those mods and they look fine but I hope you can get some ideas for your mod, according to your schedule and wips (IMHO your dedication on this mod are way better from the others, I'm really surprised by your frequent updates). Have a good one :D.
Last edited by Santi Cage from NOT THE IBEEZA; 10 May, 2020 @ 6:02am
Xenos  [developer] 10 May, 2020 @ 7:56am 
Originally posted by Santi Cagendhi:
Hello mate, seems I was too zealous and too quick on my research about the Empire's mods. I miss a lot of stuff that add some units that I wrote on this topic. I checked those mods and they look fine but I hope you can get some ideas for your mod, according to your schedule and wips (IMHO your dedication on this mod are way better from the others, I'm really surprised by your frequent updates). Have a good one :D.

Thanks friend. Roughly, I think I've added about half of the units I was thinking to add, so there will surely be other Empire stuff sooner or later.
My pleasure mate. Take your time, you are doing a great job for us. Have a good one :D
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50