Starbound

Starbound

Selachii Reloaded
Am-Pumpking  [developer] 5 Jan, 2020 @ 2:15am
Racial Armor Ideas
This discussion is for the selachii to have their own racial armors, you can give any images/drawings if you like as long as its legal or its free-to-use by anyone, do note that any armor that is made from another mod will be marked as Null.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Vanessa 6 Jan, 2020 @ 2:38am 
Hmm a shark race. Would love to help.
Am-Pumpking  [developer] 6 Jan, 2020 @ 4:20am 
Go ahead, help would be appreciate while I'm gone on working duty.
Raven Guertena 10 Jan, 2020 @ 7:55am 
How about a pirate inspired ones? I mean I am aware that the anvians are technicly pirates as well, but only technicly, the Selachii's could be a true pirate cultured race. ((if you need some references for clothes...I could give some armor outfit from aqw and aq3d as inspiration..mostly inspiration lol))
Vanessa 10 Jan, 2020 @ 4:33pm 
Not bad pirates is a good idea. Was thinking more space marine type with alot of angles and sharp looking teeth. Also any ideas for FU stats?

Removed the stats to a new discussion here
https://steamproxy.net/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1958394107/1737760710129675341/
Last edited by Vanessa; 10 Jan, 2020 @ 4:39pm
Raven Guertena 11 Jan, 2020 @ 4:33am 
I mean its a sorta obvious choice lol, though.. You could have the good variations of their race be marines.
papa heavy 29 Apr, 2020 @ 7:46pm 
Mmmm how about this, some basic early game armor in the form of tribal/primitive stuff with lots of skulls and animal pelts or fish scales instead of pelts that can be made of bones and leather or whatever else, maybe they even come with cool skul helmets. After a few sets of those you get some basic merc and pirate sets like a deck hand outfit and some merc grunt outfit. After those you can bring in merc outfits that are like sleek blue/grey armors with some decorative fins maybe, so basically one or two sets more more modern standard looking armor with a sharky spin on it. Now after that you can have a pirate captain outfit and a merc boss outfit or something like that.

Finally we get to the last few sets of armor which would be modern version of their ancient primitive armors which could be made of plates that look like shells of crabs or lobsters or shellfish of some kind kind of like chitin armor in Skyrim but now made with metal. They could maybe have a bone necklace as well and other decorative primitive looking items on them. Maybe even one set is the legit old school version and the other is the updated future version. Now I know its not as lore friendly due to most Selachii forgetting the history of their people but that's why they would be more endgame-ish armors and it can still technically work into the lore because if you have made it that far in the game you have probably met some old shark who actually kept up with the history of his race and that's how you can have learned to make that armor...or at least how to explain it in lore.

Now for weapons..(forgot if we have another thread for this or not so im posting it here as long as im ranting ideas) I think it would make sense to give the Selachii tridents and spears along with big meat cleavers that you use to cut up fish and hell, some war machetes too. It would all fit with the Selachii being more of a hunter race, after all they are sharks and sharks eat a lot of meat so their weapons would probably more hunting based and it would help set them apart from other races. Perhaps some nets...granted those would probably be annoying to code in. You could have a classic trident along with an ice fishing style spear and a whaling harpoon along with more futuristic versions, a lot of which would probably cause bleeding. Maybe the less primitive versions do electrical damage...also you could make a few from bone or stone for super easy to craft begging game gear.

Anyway thats all I got for now, ill post more later if I come up with anything ground breaking.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50