Counter-Strike 2

Counter-Strike 2

Awp | Inheritance | CS2
Kangas 1 Oct, 2023 @ 3:38am
Look out for Scammers
There's a scam going around by posting fake links to this workshop page. They post a fake link with an image attached of this skin on the workshop.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
N4n4N ⇄ 2 Oct, 2023 @ 10:16am 
?
Endrit  [developer] 5 Oct, 2023 @ 5:09am 
I will never add people to ask them to vote on my skins

I can confirm there are scammers that have made fake steam profiles with my name and are using fake links to phish/scam people.

I have reported all of these multiple times to steam, but no action has been taken yet. I hope it will be resolved soon.

Thanks for putting this warning out here.

Edit: Impersonaters should be banned now thanks to help from steam support.
Last edited by Endrit; 28 Oct, 2023 @ 5:33pm
Kangas 6 Oct, 2023 @ 12:36am 
All good, I just hope people come to the ACTUAL page like I did and see this post.
Otherwise god knows what'll happen if they were to click on the fake link.
V0N 6 Oct, 2023 @ 2:01pm 
LMAO i could very easily tell it was a scam but it lead me here to check these skins out and man these look nice.
Cheesy Bread 6 Oct, 2023 @ 4:46pm 
i was also messaged by the scammer and ended up here. I think youll be alright, yours was uploaded first so its obvious who the owner is.
Cheesy Bread 6 Oct, 2023 @ 4:57pm 
wait im so dumb. i fell for it but were good i saved myself
Yllake 6 Oct, 2023 @ 5:31pm 
I fell for it... Password got pwnd... But changed it quickly enough, clever usage of authentificator from these b*st*rds.
Yllake 6 Oct, 2023 @ 5:34pm 
Originally posted by Bic Smog:
I fell for it... Password got pwnd... But changed it quickly enough, clever usage of authentificator from these b*st*rds.
Basically, it asks you to login to be able to vote for the item, you use authentificator to do so and if you don't really look at the localisation, you could accept the connection from there... Once you do, they have ur password and start to try disconnecting you.
It really shows that I, and other, feel too confident because of the authentificator therefore do not look closely on things....
Endrit  [developer] 6 Oct, 2023 @ 5:43pm 
Hey guys, Valve reached back to me and there is news!

Valve has nuked OVER 1200+ accounts that were impersonating me. Yes you're reading that right. There were over 1200 accounts with my profile picture, my name, etc. Probably a whole bot farm.

This issue should now be solved and all those scammer accounts should be gone (they might still show up on search lists but they're actually unusable)!

HOORAY
Kangas 6 Oct, 2023 @ 9:22pm 
♥♥♥♥ yeah
RunUpCrust 9 Oct, 2023 @ 2:11pm 
Theres people using the link without even attempting to impersonate you... hijacking other peoples accounts and sending the phishing links.
Endrit  [developer] 10 Oct, 2023 @ 9:54am 
At the end of the day people need to have some common sense too, nothing I can do about that!
limewere 10 Oct, 2023 @ 10:39am 
some dude called ,,Gacage" was trying to scam me, thats how i found this (really great lookin btw.) skin
catnooby =) 13 Oct, 2023 @ 4:41pm 
?
TMK2013 14 Oct, 2023 @ 2:56pm 
Not just that, but i believe that there's people that have been hijacked. One of my friends send me the link an hour ago. I hope they recovered their account in time, but i think i'm talking to bot instead of a friend.
https://steamproxy.net/profiles/76561199063322551
< >
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
Per page: 1530 50