Slay the Spire

Slay the Spire

Spire is Magic
thatguy 4 Nov, 2019 @ 8:16pm
Some balance suggestions
I like the groundwork for this character but many of the cards are grossly overpowered. Some examples are:

Love Me!, -10 str for 1 turn and 14 dmg to ALL enemies is stronger than Piercing Wail and Cleave combined, suggest making it only hit one instead of twice unupgraded

Behind the Scene Singing, gives way to much block when upgraded even with its requirement, suggest it be 4 block twice when upgraded

Hide Carefully, same issue with of giving to much block when upgraded, suggest it be 8 block twice when upgraded

Mirror Lake, was able to get duplicate event and then buy mirror from shop in Act 1 for a total of 3, I was able to breeze through the rest with near 800 HP and any damage I took during fights was severely mitigated when my HP reduced at the end of fights, I dont know what can be done to change it but having it be something similar to Buffer rather then large HP scaling.

Ten Instruments scales wildly with its 10 hits, suggest it be 10 dmg 1 hit unupgraded and 10 dmg 2 hits when upgraded with some static block for both

Throwing Apples, its really unintuitive to exhaust skills and power cards for minor dmg, suggest having a base dmg of around 7-9 and for every apple exhausted adds 3-5 dmg

Magic_Beam, is not working properly and not applying Weak, its also WAY to strong for 1 energy.

There doesnt seem to be many forms of Weak or Vulnerable in this character. Suggest Fluttershy cards have more weak appliers and Raidbow Dash have more Vulnerable appliers since it fits their personality's.

yay and Louder!, both seems really weak in dmg and could use plus 1 dmg each. Could also give a temp buff for every time you use yay the next yay does more dmg and can stack, same for Louder! This way there is incentive to put multiples in the deck.

Overall this characher looks to have a lot of promise in the future and I thank you for creating it.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
thatguy 4 Nov, 2019 @ 8:26pm 
Also thought of 1 more thing. The base relic is REALLY broken as you can find and add cards at double the rate of other characters. Suggestion: "At the start of each Combat select 1 of 3 "Element's of Harmony" and add it to your hand."
KAKA926  [developer] 4 Nov, 2019 @ 10:42pm 
Thank you for your brilliant suggestion.These are my views to your advice:

love me's rarity is rare. And it need 2 energy, so its power must be stronger than 2 common cards.And its exhaust nature also make it stronger. But further,I think maybe -10str is too high.I'm thinking about weakening that.

I think you are right about singing behind the scenes, hiding carefully, and ten instruments, which is also what I think.

Mirror Lake, the intensity of this card is not so high, but I think the exponential growth may be too fast, and I am thinking of making the growth linear

Throwing apples limits its other effects because it can exhaust a lot of cards in hands. But it's a good idea that you can add DMG to every apple, but I have to think about a better way to add DMG

Magic beam, the effect of this card is to give yourself weak state, but its basic damage is a little too high

Yay and louder! Because this character has many ways to add str, after having a few syr, the damage of these two cards is enough, and the real strength of these two cards is that they occupy very little card group resources. If they can grow themselves, they may be too powerful

Weak and vulnerable effects are found in the rarity and apple Jack cards, but you reminded me to be more character friendly in the card design. Thank you very much

As for the initial relics, when designing this character, I want to design a character that encourages playing big card group, so I have such relics. But the relic you proposed is really great, but in terms of relic design, there is still a need for a reinforced relic to be put in the boss relic pool. At present, I have no idea

Thank you again for your patient comments. I'll give more consideration to all your suggestions
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50