Rivals of Aether

Rivals of Aether

Training Utility Buddy
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
BountyXSnipe  [developer] 30 Oct, 2019 @ 5:36pm
Bug Report Thread
Found any bugs? Mention them here. Be sure to mention how to replicate the bug, so I can try fixing it.

Known bugs:
-Game WILL CRASH if you press F5 while combo/damage text is visible, and/or the menu is on Combo Display Options or Damage Display Options, or Other Options. I do not know how to fix this due to how reloading the mods work.
-Sein can still attack while the menu is open
-Error message pops up if Zetterburn hits a burning opponent with his strongs
-Orcane keeps moving forward after you load his saved side special state.
-Sylvanos taunts if you use up special (on the ground), then open up the menu during his special, followed by closing the menu
-Elliana keeps her mech if you save her state during her up special. Then after landing back on the ground (she regains her mech), load that state during her up special
-Sein despawns if you load Ori's position/state that is non-strong related while they were in the middle of using a Sein-powered strong
-Loading positions/states while the player/enemy was still in the middle of a tech roll/dodge roll will keep them invulnerable
Last edited by BountyXSnipe; 5 Nov, 2019 @ 12:50pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Sheush 31 Oct, 2019 @ 4:37am 
-You are in free fall after loading ( and also saving ) a position in the air : it kills the actual potential of the tool concerning recovery, and anything related to air action.

-Using the tool does not stop your opponent : it's pretty hard to save a precise position.

-Being able to choose which ressources ( air dodge, dodge, up b, wall jump ) you keep when loading a positions would be really interesting for working recovery and stuff.

-Being able to give instructions to the CPU ( with a record system, that we can see in much fighting games like Tekken 7 for example ) would be amazing for this tool.
BountyXSnipe  [developer] 31 Oct, 2019 @ 11:49am 
Originally posted by FR Shayd:
-You are in free fall after loading ( and also saving ) a position in the air : it kills the actual potential of the tool concerning recovery, and anything related to air action.

I 'might' have an idea to fix that one. Currently the player is put in freefall (called pratfall in the game's scripts) to prevent them from using any sort of action while the menu is up. Same thing for pratlanding state. Originally this buddy didn't use pratfall/land states and lead to some issues where the player could still input a dash/attack. Fixing this might be a bit advanced so it might not get patched until much later.

-Using the tool does not stop your opponent : it's pretty hard to save a precise position.

This should be an easy fix. Should be patched around this week.

-Being able to choose which ressources ( air dodge, dodge, up b, wall jump ) you keep when loading a positions would be really interesting for working recovery and stuff.

I had this idea planned for awhile but this will be a lot of work to get this working properly. This includes saving exactly what state, attack, frame, and current velocity the player was at. This will be saved as part of the "positions"

-Being able to give instructions to the CPU ( with a record system, that we can see in much fighting games like Tekken 7 for example ) would be amazing for this tool.

Also had this planned as well. I did play Tekken 7 and the record/playback would be a neat feature to add. This is SUPER ADVANCED. So I don't know when I may get to programming this kind of feature.
BountyXSnipe  [developer] 31 Oct, 2019 @ 12:40pm 
Originally posted by Eevee aka BountyXSnipe:

I 'might' have an idea to fix that one. Currently the player is put in freefall (called pratfall in the game's scripts) to prevent them from using any sort of action while the menu is up. Same thing for pratlanding state. Originally this buddy didn't use pratfall/land states and lead to some issues where the player could still input a dash/attack. Fixing this might be a bit advanced so it might not get patched until much later.

Ok... I think I might have "fixed" it. But it's not a perfect fix since the player loses their momentum after unpausing. Most characters can "infinitely" recover from this as well since they lose pratfall state every time they unpause from the menu.
TSMSB | Quote_a 4 Nov, 2019 @ 2:54pm 
If you save a state during Orcane's side special, then load it, he'll fly forward, intangible, while the menu is still up. https://gfycat.com/younghappygoluckyhornedtoad

Might happen with other moves too, I didn't get to test a bunch and I just wanted to report it while I was thinking about it. But the other characters with intangible moves like this are Clairen and Forsburn, but I think that both of those characters just teleport instead of moving smoothly like Orcane does.
BountyXSnipe  [developer] 4 Nov, 2019 @ 7:07pm 
Originally posted by TSMSB | Quote_a:
If you save a state during Orcane's side special, then load it, he'll fly forward, intangible, while the menu is still up. https://gfycat.com/younghappygoluckyhornedtoad

Might happen with other moves too, I didn't get to test a bunch and I just wanted to report it while I was thinking about it. But the other characters with intangible moves like this are Clairen and Forsburn, but I think that both of those characters just teleport instead of moving smoothly like Orcane does.

Yikes.... Fixing this bug might be really difficult. This mod has a lot of problems with vanilla roa characters due to their limited access. Either I get lucky to find a workaround to fix this or a workshop update rolls out that helps modders access vanilla character variables and such more easily.

Edit: Nevermind. I overestimated this bug. It's not the most flawless solution but it should prevent Orcane from flying forward after you load his side special. Forcing his horizontal speed to 0 didn't work but preventing him from loading that specific attack state (right upon loading) did work. He will only resume that attack state after you unpause. This patch will be pushed out shortly after I fix a few more bugs I found with some vanilla characters.
Last edited by BountyXSnipe; 4 Nov, 2019 @ 8:19pm
Leol22 25 Oct, 2020 @ 2:48am 
I found a bug! In training mode, kill the opponent and then load all, The opponent is invisible! btw this is very fun, so don't patch it :) Edit: Of course, you have to do it right before opponent respawns
Last edited by Leol22; 25 Oct, 2020 @ 2:49am
Bulbaquaza 15 Jun, 2021 @ 3:07am 
You can't open the training menu while Forsburn's clone is active, for some strange reason. It just glitches out.
BountyXSnipe  [developer] 15 Jun, 2021 @ 5:17am 
Originally posted by Bulbaquaza:
You can't open the training menu while Forsburn's clone is active, for some strange reason. It just glitches out.

I will look into that. Forsburn clones are common bug problems.
Bulbaquaza 11 Dec, 2021 @ 12:20pm 
I've been messing around in training mode with Clairen combos, but for some reason if I load a state while performing a move, sometimes the hitbox of the move just... doesn't connect.
It's extremely inconsistent, but here's what I know:

I've been testing this on Forsburn at 18% on Merchant Port.
I've been trying to do fair 2 into f-tilt: sometimes the forward air doesn't hit, and sometimes fair 2 does hit but the following f-tilt doesn't. I have enabled hitbox visualization and there is clear overlap.
The bug ONLY seems to occur if I load a state after performing a move. It does not seem to matter if I perform a move after loading the state in an attempt to "undo" the bug.

Oh, also: Loading a state while performing a move keeps the hurtbox of said move until a new move is performed.

UPDATE: I have found out what triggers the glitch. If I forward air Fors (and land both hits) then load save before the move is finished, the next forward air will not hit. This happens consistently.
Last edited by Bulbaquaza; 11 Dec, 2021 @ 12:27pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50