Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Prehistoric Era (BNW)
Lyokoheros 11 Dec, 2023 @ 12:06pm
The original (old) version
I really liked the first original version of the mod. The one with this technology tree - I loved the simplicity of it, and the newer versions just seems to bloated for me. I definitely preffer the simplistic aproach with prehistory as just one slightly longer era. (And I would like to actually kinda include that version - with slight edits - in my modpack I slowly work on)

Well perhaps some of the new building could be added, and perhaps some other small features from the newer version... but as incorporating them in existing tree, not changing the initial one. Well and maybe make the resources be visible from the very start but make the two technologies just enable their bonuses (them being non visible is big issue IMO, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do it the way I wish it to be)

But I can't find this version anywhere(even on github the oldest version available is already the one reffered as "Prehistoric Mod BNW v1.1.0a" so version after first changes to the technology tree, but I want the version before that, reffered as "Prehistoric Mod G&K Original"). A long time ago I lost the files (the mod was updated in my mod folder and I didn't have or just lost the files with it's copy - I'm not sure) and couldn't find it anywhere... does anyone have the files? And could put put them somewhere to download or send to me?
Last edited by Lyokoheros; 11 Dec, 2023 @ 12:08pm
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
DerEider 11 Dec, 2023 @ 3:41pm 
I too like the original Prehistoric Era :Farm:
Unfortunately it was abandoned by the author ... The author was working on some great sounding improvements. But real life often happens :steamsad:
Last edited by DerEider; 11 Dec, 2023 @ 3:41pm
Lyokoheros 11 Dec, 2023 @ 4:01pm 
Yeah, but not only author can have these files. Anyone can have them - anyone who had them copied somewhere or just didn't update the mod in MODS folder - not just the author.

I think I HAD the copy on my external hard drive... but it's broken(I still have it... somewhere but don't really remmber where), and I can't really acces data on it. So if it wouldn't happen I would have these files (and would gladly share it... but I can't)
DerEider 11 Dec, 2023 @ 4:16pm 
Perhaps you can email/pm Asphal ... He shows as being "online'
Last edited by DerEider; 11 Dec, 2023 @ 4:17pm
DerEider 11 Dec, 2023 @ 4:19pm 
I now have the BNW version ... didn't save the original
Lyokoheros 11 Dec, 2023 @ 4:26pm 
Well I would, but I can't see any option to send him a message, and neither any email adress. I just can send him friend invitation... which I did but he didn't answer yet.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50