Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Undead Zone - Part 1 of 4
Undead Zone - Review by Endless
★★★★ 4/5: Intriguing and intense

A theme that I think has not been explored much in the community is the setting of campaigns in deserts or arid areas, particularly one like this. These maps are designed to give you warmth at every second; to feel the sand between your shirt, the distant breeze hissing and the rotting bodies decaying at a thousand per hour. The style is a believable combination of disaster areas, residential areas, military bases, secret laboratories and, of course, vast desert areas, with dunes and buttes in the distance.

The sun shines brightly everywhere (literally the filter is a bit strong) but in the shadows you'll find some great details as well. The maps are organized coherently through a historical narrative, offering a bit of ambience thanks to the dialogue of the ''character'' of the campaign. In this case, I think it's a charismatic and well-intentioned addition, which helps to recreate this idea of realism and personality in the maps. On the other hand, we can't expect much from the voice quality, or the audio production itself. At times it's a bit overextended, but I still think it's an interesting personal touch.

Certain areas particularly stand out for their good detail and visual consistency. The chaotic areas tell a story of struggle and survival; you cross roads full of abandoned vehicles and bodies lying on the ground, it's quite a visual experience. As well as the military areas, hiding dark secrets in the depths. All this makes Undead Zone a particularly immersive campaign.

The gameplay can be brutal at times. High amounts of enemies and lengthy but entertaining maps. The hordes are well balanced and feature cool encounters. The ammo and weapon variety is thoughtful, so there shouldn't be much of a problem with that.

If I were to nitpick a bit, I would say that the VA could be improved, the ranged areas and also the visuals in terms of light filters. It can be a bit overbearing at times, but in truth, all of this is minimal.

Undead Zone is a great set of desertic maps that take us through a lot of variety and good fighting. Recommended!

Also, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ is it gory at times https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2772643057

Endless's Reviews: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2769307412
Last edited by « E N D L E S S »; 5 Mar, 2022 @ 12:09am