RimWorld

RimWorld

Alpha Biomes
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 29 Apr, 2021 @ 11:34pm
Bug Reports
This is a centralized topic to report bugs, since the new topics created don't send you a notification.

If you want me to take a look at your error, I NEED you to submit error logs. It is crucial you provide me with Hugslib logs - I am not interested in comments ‘X doesn’t work because Y’, and I will not reply to those, even delete them if they hide proper bug reporting. Hugslib logs are what tells us, devs, what went wrong, and what mods you were using.

IF YOU DON'T POST A HUGSLIB LOG, YOUR REPORT WILL BE DELETED FROM NOW ON TO AVOID CLUTTER.

To get hugslib logs, make sure you have a Hugslib mod running, then press CTRL-F12 while in game and copy the link to us.

If Hugslib is not an option:

Note that you can find your logs at \steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\output_log.txt and you can share it with me by uploading it to https://pastebin.com
Last edited by Sarg Bjornson; 21 May, 2021 @ 1:58am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 184 comments
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 11 May, 2021 @ 11:48am 
Can't see any errors in that log
Delta1138 12 May, 2021 @ 2:45am 
Parsed 0.75 as int.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.ParseHelper:ParseIntPermissive(String)
Verse.ParseHelper:FromString(String)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:Verse.DirectXmlLoader.DefFromNode_Patch1(XmlNode, LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:Verse.LoadedModManager.ParseAndProcessXML_Patch2(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 12 May, 2021 @ 2:50am 
Only the "Parsed 0.75 as int." can be seen in the Hugslib log you pasted. From what I can see, it seems to be caused by BetterLoading
Delta1138 12 May, 2021 @ 6:56am 
Sarg, I'm sorry mate but it is this mod causing that 0.75 error; I've just booted without Better loading to test and still get the error, I don't get the error when I don't have alpha biomes active.

I have changed some things in my local copy of Alpha biomes (purely allowing some of terrains to be packable so that dirt paths can be built on them) and added a few more tree textures to the occular forest biomes (no defs just new textures), but I still got the error yesterday when I completely reinstalled alpha biomes to test.
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 12 May, 2021 @ 7:00am 
Then no idea what could be producing that. It is a warning, not an error, so it shouldn't be important in any case
Leroy_D 10 Jun, 2021 @ 9:33am 
My issue was with the Medieval Mod by Sickboy, it was messing this up. Keep being a badass Sarg, I'll go ask him to see if he can make it compatible.

That mod removes royalty and all tech past Medieval. So Idk if Alien Fish category is dependent on something there.
Last edited by Leroy_D; 10 Jun, 2021 @ 12:43pm
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 10 Jun, 2021 @ 11:06am 
You must have another mod that is modifying food categories of Vanilla Fishing Expanded
Hiya, just want to preface this by saying that I adore your mods.

I'm playing in a Propane Lakes biome at the moment and the crystal flowers don't appear to be growing. Their required min temperature is 0c, while the description appears to state a min required temp of -70c or above. It's becoming a bit of a problem, since I need crystalline wood to make some of the propane accessories. Not sure if bug, not even sure if it's alpha biomes itself or something caused by another mod.

Either way, here's the hugslib log. :)

https://gist.github.com/fa83922599be66a3a43b5ad2e5375b6e
Last edited by 210813 ALTERED BEAST; 11 Jun, 2021 @ 8:40pm
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 11 Jun, 2021 @ 11:07pm 
Try without VEE, it's the only mod that is causing a lot of errors there
Winsomniak 7 Jul, 2021 @ 12:58pm 
Hey Sarg o/

I am getting an error when eating slime meal (from the hardened slime chunks in the slime biome)

This is 1.3

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Lionel driver=JobDriver_Ingest (toilIndex=9) driver.job=(Ingest (Job_66733) A=Thing_AB_SlimeMeal21534)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.GetMeatSourceCategory (Verse.ThingDef source) [0x00000] in <8aa58792b2134298a9e62003c7199c2e>:0
at Verse.Thing.Ingested (Verse.Pawn ingester, System.Single nutritionWanted) [0x0034a] in <8aa58792b2134298a9e62003c7199c2e>:0
at RimWorld.Toils_Ingest+<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<FinalizeIngest>b__0 () [0x00182] in <8aa58792b2134298a9e62003c7199c2e>:0
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x001de] in <8aa58792b2134298a9e62003c7199c2e>:0
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob (Verse.Pawn,string,System.Exception,Verse.AI.JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick ()
Verse.Pawn:Tick ()
Verse.TickList:Tick ()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick ()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay ()
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 7 Jul, 2021 @ 11:27pm 
Got it, foods complain when they contain ingredients that are not ingestible. I may have to patch that out in the VE Framework, cause canning and gourmet meals in Vanilla Cooking Expanded will complain too!
Zen 18 Jul, 2021 @ 11:53pm 
Hey sorry Sarg to disturb ya, but my logs are absolutely filled with Alpha Biomes related (?) red errors since the 1.3 update. Might be somethin' on my end, but I'm just a bit at a loss.

Can you help me?

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Gas/AA_Spatter in any active mod or in base resources.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.ContentFinder`1:Get(String, Boolean)
Verse.Graphic_Single:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticGenericMethod(Type, Type, String, Object[])
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(Type, String, Shader, Vector2, Color, Color, GraphicData, List`1)
Verse.GraphicData:Init()
Verse.GraphicData:get_Graphic()
Verse.ThingDef:<PostLoad>b__268_0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1(Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

- - -

Collection cannot init: No textures found at path Things/Item/Resource/Fish/VCEF_AbyssalEel
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Graphic_Collection:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(Type, String, Shader, Vector2, Color, Color, GraphicData, List`1)
Verse.GraphicData:Init()
Verse.GraphicData:get_Graphic()
Verse.ThingDef:<PostLoad>b__268_0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1(Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

things like that.
Seems like my publish error log button is weirdly bugged too... I wonder what happened since the update.
Sarg Bjornson  [developer] 19 Jul, 2021 @ 12:06am 
That sounds like corrupted files somewhere
Jiopaba 19 Jul, 2021 @ 11:23am 
Long Destroyed Ship Parts in Mechanoid Intrusions do not have a work to deconstruct, nor do they give any materials, even a couple metal slag. If you queue up several things to destroy, your pawn will hit it without even breaking stride and just vanish it into dust.
DB 30 Jul, 2021 @ 6:41pm 
Anyone else having major problems with the textures? Nearly everything is coming off as red ? and the only thing that isn't are the Mycotic Jungle and Mechanoid Intrusion symbols on the map. From what I've seen, Mechanoid Intrusion's map is also all sorts of question marks ♥♥♥♥♥♥
< >
Showing 1-15 of 184 comments
Per page: 1530 50