Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

FlameTongue
STATS?
Now I know Valve does the stats, but I'm just messing around here.
I think it would go something like this:

+15% More Reach (Could Be Made Larger)
+33% More Afterburn Damage

-5% Less Damage (Direct Flame Damage)
-15% More Ammunition Used Per Second (Could Be Reduced)

Suggestions?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
lamonster 4 Oct, 2013 @ 9:46pm 
just a reskin of the stock flamethrower :P
Originally posted by mr sejfiuhfhukhfiuawkhdf:
just a reskin of the stock flamethrower :P

Or a reskin of the backburner since that has a dragon-like face on it
emilios2012 5 Oct, 2013 @ 2:58am 
-10% more damage
-15% more reach
-5% more damage

-take fire damage

Also take a Genuine version if you buy Skyrim/ElderScrolls Online :3
Last edited by emilios2012; 5 Oct, 2013 @ 2:58am
Originally posted by Gilbert:
-10% more damage
-15% more reach
-5% more damage

-take fire damage

Also take a Genuine version if you buy Skyrim/ElderScrolls Online :3
Waaaaaaay too many down things
Smeelio 5 Oct, 2013 @ 5:24am 
Extra damage, more range, but REALLY low ammo or high ammo depletion rate, and really low afterburn.
Sauro 5 Oct, 2013 @ 6:55am 
Originally posted by Smeelio:
Extra damage, more range, but REALLY low ammo or high ammo depletion rate, and really low afterburn.

This.

Maybe a no-airblast flamethrower like the Phlog, making it an ideal offensive weapon and direct opposite to the Degreaser's Puff N' Sting tactics. And a much better way to deal with enemy Demoknights and Pyros. But it should indeed be significantly weaker on afterburn.

Only if Valve actually TOOK these suggestions in consideration when making the stats...
Smeelio 5 Oct, 2013 @ 6:58am 
Originally posted by \gB/ ThunderDasher:
Originally posted by Smeelio:

This.

Maybe a no-airblast flamethrower like the Phlog, making it an ideal offensive weapon and direct opposite to the Degreaser's Puff N' Sting tactics. And a much better way to deal with enemy Demoknights and Pyros. But it should indeed be significantly weaker on afterburn.

Only if Valve actually TOOK these suggestions in consideration when making the stats...
Those were the exact thoughts passing through my head as I typed that, even the bit about Valve not taking stuff into consideration...! I was intending it to be LIKE a dragon, but it had to have a downside, so no afterburn and less longevity beacuse the fire is MAGIC!
engineer gaming 5 Oct, 2013 @ 7:08am 
Positive
+33% Afterburn Damage Bonus
+25% Afterburn Duration
Afterburn cannot be completely extinguished - merely reduced to 2.5 seconds more afterburn (unless touching Resupply Locker), all healing sources will reduce time but start healing only after the 2.5 seconds is over, Pyros and other weapons which prevent afterburn now get 2.5 seconds of afterburn. EDIT: Exceptions are the Spycicle and the Dead Ringer as they will be rendered useless if afterburn continues.

Negative
-25% Maximum Ammo
-20% Direct Fire Damage Penalty
+25% Airblast Cost
Last edited by engineer gaming; 5 Oct, 2013 @ 8:17pm
Eggbirb 5 Oct, 2013 @ 12:52pm 
Positive
+25% Damage
+25% Range
+50% Afterburn Duration (Time)
Deploys A Ring Of Flames
Afterburn Cannot Be Extinguished
Enemy Pyro's Imunity To Fire Disabled Against This Item
*Taunt Immediatly Kills Players In A 8 Meter Radius* (releted To Rainblower Taunt)

Negative
-25% Afterburn Damage
-50% Airblast Range
-25% Health On Wearer
Last edited by Eggbirb; 5 Oct, 2013 @ 12:54pm
bwan 5 Oct, 2013 @ 3:03pm 
Here's what I think;

Positives

+25% Burn damage
+10% afterburn duration
-50 ammo used when airblasting

Negatives

-25% health on wearer
-20% faster weapon switch
-10% faster move speed
-5% Airblast knockback
No random critical hits

Or it can just be a reskin :P
engineer gaming 5 Oct, 2013 @ 5:03pm 
Originally posted by Chibi (。◕‿‿◕。)™:
Positive
+25% Damage
+25% Range
+50% Afterburn Duration (Time)
Deploys A Ring Of Flames
Afterburn Cannot Be Extinguished
Enemy Pyro's Imunity To Fire Disabled Against This Item
*Taunt Immediatly Kills Players In A 8 Meter Radius* (releted To Rainblower Taunt)

Negative
-25% Afterburn Damage
-50% Airblast Range
-25% Health On Wearer
Too strong buffs and too weak nerfs, but I suppose this makes it balanced, still...

Originally posted by Bwan:
Here's what I think;

Positives

+25% Burn damage
+10% afterburn duration
-50 ammo used when airblasting

Negatives

-25% health on wearer
-20% faster weapon switch
-10% faster move speed
-5% Airblast knockback
No random critical hits

Or it can just be a reskin :P
So now Pyro has 130 Health AND moves slower than a Demoman?

Originally posted by A Medic healing enemy SPIES! √:
May I edit it a bit?

Positive
+25% Afterburn Duration
Afterburn cannot be completely extinguished - merely reduced to 2.5 seconds more afterburn (unless touching Resupply Locker), all healing sources will reduce time but start healing only after the 2.5 seconds is over, Pyros and other weapons which prevent afterburn now get 2.5 seconds of afterburn

Negative
-25% Maximum Ammo
-35% Direct Fire Damage Penalty
+150% Airblast Cost
Explain your highly interesting and entertaining edit.
Originally posted by The Entire Mann Co.:
Positive
+25% Afterburn Duration
Afterburn cannot be completely extinguished - merely reduced to 2.5 seconds more afterburn (unless touching Resupply Locker), all healing sources will reduce time but start healing only after the 2.5 seconds is over, Pyros and other weapons which prevent afterburn now get 2.5 seconds of afterburn

Negative
-25% Maximum Ammo
-20% Direct Fire Damage Penalty
+25% Airblast Cost
I like these stats. Afterburn is pretty fun to use for me and I've been wanting Valve to add a Flamethrower based on afterburn.
engineer gaming 5 Oct, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
Originally posted by Kos Wildfire:
I like these stats. Afterburn is pretty fun to use for me and I've been wanting Valve to add a Flamethrower based on afterburn.
In my opinion afterburn's purpose is just a bonus to cause disorder to the enemy team by forcing them to find ways of extinguishing it, but since there are now so many anti-afterburn functions this is ability is almost obsolete...
Originally posted by The Entire Mann Co.:
Originally posted by Kos Wildfire:
In my opinion afterburn's purpose is just a bonus to cause disorder to the enemy team by forcing them to find ways of extinguishing it, but since there are now so many anti-afterburn functions this is ability is almost obsolete...

Well, if the fact that afterburn ALWAYS was where it wasn't completely extinguished might revive it just a bit. Valve would probably never add that though.

Also added range on this weapon's stats could help apply afterburn to enemies so you could do more of a "hit-and-run" tactic. May have to nerf one of the other stats though.
arcus8772 6 Oct, 2013 @ 12:18am 
its uncompatible :(
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
Per page: 1530 50