RimWorld

RimWorld

RimCities
i2ID 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43am
Bug Reports
Mentioned it in comments but thaught it might help to consolodate bug reports.

There is a minor bug where you can load anything that you want to steal from allies friendly cities by loading it onto pack animals, and not have a faction penalty : )
< >
Showing 1-15 of 128 comments
SadJohn 11 Jul, 2019 @ 12:06pm 
Hi!
Have an issue on abandoned city that i`ve just cleared from raiders. My pawn take a meal, but can`t eat and drop it.
Also there are no doors into the rooms (real ruins is not installed)
https://gist.github.com/221e3488ea5836131971976a41496bbd
Last edited by SadJohn; 11 Jul, 2019 @ 12:14pm
Lady Cockroach 4 Aug, 2019 @ 12:43pm 
Hi so i don't really get a generated log error and i don't really have it on my right now but my game would start generating worlds with only cities, no other factions, when i try to start up a new game. I don't know what could be causing this?
RyansPlace 9 Aug, 2019 @ 8:10am 
Assassination mission button doesn't appear on the world map.

When receiving the assassination quest, you can get a description and location from the notification icon on the right side of the screen. Once you click off of that, you have no way of looking up what your target is as clicking on the quest city does not present a quest icon or any other icons (such as form caravan, zoom, etc).

I have four colonists in this city at the time this pic was taken. https://i.imgur.com/OustuZF.jpg
Boris Johnson 15 Aug, 2019 @ 2:06pm 
when you start in an abandoned city every person on the map gets recruited for some reason.
i know other people having this problem as well

here's a example of a hostile city that i just spawned in
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1835873843
Last edited by Boris Johnson; 15 Aug, 2019 @ 2:52pm
LHR_Olorin 19 Aug, 2019 @ 1:03am 
Same bug as RyansPlace, assassination mission doesn't give details on the target once you receive the notification.
I sent a pawn to the city, upon entering the assassination quest just cancelled itself.
Further, as there was an active sabotage mission still in the city I was unable to make my pawn leave.

Not a bug, but due to the way that a single city merchant has ridiculous amounts of wealth, it's actually just an exploit possibility. By killing one of their merchants on purpose, you can gift silver and goods to the faction to make up for it and still end up with tens of thousands of silver profit from looting the corpse.
This is also an issue during any missions in the city that involve combat. If just one of these merchants dies, they drop tens of thousands worth of silver onto the map.
Last edited by LHR_Olorin; 20 Aug, 2019 @ 5:41am
Hasu_Kuro 27 Aug, 2019 @ 6:10pm 
I've got both "city under attack" and "prison break" on the same city... So when i enter the city for defend it against the raiders, all citizens are agressive because they think i'm here for the prison break.. We should be able to choose which quest we come to acomplish.
LHR_Olorin 28 Aug, 2019 @ 8:39pm 
Doing a combined assault mission, the allies get nuked to hell and retreat. Quest immediately disappears and clearing the city out just results in a city destroyed instead of being captured.
LHR_Olorin 2 Sep, 2019 @ 4:56pm 
Due to how silver spawning is performed using max size stack, using a stack mod alongside this results in stacks of 15k silver being generated.
Now I'm often noticing that traders in cities don't have any silver at all, and just have a stack of 15k silver nearby.
Wildaces22 3 Sep, 2019 @ 8:17pm 
Bug found:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Cities.Quest_Assassinate.OnTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Cities.WorldComponent_QuestTracker.WorldComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldComponentUtility.WorldComponentTick (RimWorld.Planet.World world) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldComponentUtility:WorldComponentTick(World)
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update_Patch1(Object)
non 9 Sep, 2019 @ 2:24am 
Hi there!

I've been playing a game where I'm trying to complete a Siege Defense mission and I'm running into the issue that once the battle is well under way the game starts chugging to the extreme, maybe 4 fps on 1x speed. I believe this is due to the sheer number of entities on screen, especially once they start dying and their stuff scatters on the ground. Traders also show to be a problem as when they inevitably die, since the city's pawns don't have a defense strategy outside of turrets, all of the extra stuff they have to trade gets dropped at their feet.

This of course is a problem when the trader who dies is a bulk goods trader of something that doesn't stack well like, say leathers, and it basically causes a tsunami of animal skins.

Of course I'm not complaining about this level of chaos; it's fantastic! But, I lose the ability to effectively control my pawns after a certain point and it gets frustrating. Maybe a suggestion to fix this issue would be to create a submap for the defense of the town that uses a portion of the defenses from the actual town that, once cleared and the pawns leave, can be merged back into the main town map? I'm not sure how possible that is within the limitations of the Rimworld engine but I think limiting the size of the engagement (despite how I know this defeats the purpose of the mod a bit) would make this quest much more bearable.

Side Note: I also notice that the buildings in these towns spawn well past the build limit of the map, leaving large buildings completely uneditable aside from destruction. Is there anything I can do about that?
Teslin 11 Sep, 2019 @ 2:29am 
Ran into an issue where I can't leave an abandoned city I entered, when I try and form the caravan no one shows up
Omega13 13 Sep, 2019 @ 7:49am 
I was invited to attack a city with another faction. We arrived to find a city inhabited by three people and a german shepherd. None of the buildings had doors. As a quest, probably not the greatest implementation. As a surreal artistic statement - A+.
Seb 14 Sep, 2019 @ 11:10am 
I entered a city an was unable to actually trade with the traders. They didn't recognise I had any money and had no money of their own, dropping my money did nothing. Why can't I set an option to trade from the map like usual?
Trogladonis 28 Sep, 2019 @ 7:50pm 
I'm having the same problem as SadJohn; Every rim city I go to has no doors. I usually have to punch or break the walls down for each and every room I want to explore.
Mycroft 5 Oct, 2019 @ 4:15pm 
been getting these two for the past two days, no idea what the ♥♥♥♥ would be causing this or even if its a mod conflict or not.

GetInspectString exception on City Chess Campsite (tile=97062):
System.Reflection.TargetException: Non-static field requires a target
at System.Reflection.MonoField.GetValue (object) <0x00116>
at Last_visited.ImpactLogger.GetInspectString (string&,RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase&) <0x00086>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase.GetInspectString_Patch1 (object) <0x001a0>
at Cities.City.GetInspectString () <0x0002e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller.DrawInspectStringFor (Verse.ISelectable,UnityEngine.Rect) <0x0003b>

RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DrawInspectStringFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DoPaneContentsFor_Patch1(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DoPaneContents(Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:InspectPaneOnGUI_Patch1(Rect, IInspectPane)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

GetInspectString exception on City Chess Campsite (tile=97062):
System.Reflection.TargetException: Non-static field requires a target
at System.Reflection.MonoField.GetValue (object) <0x00116>
at Last_visited.ImpactLogger.GetInspectString (string&,RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase&) <0x00086>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase.GetInspectString_Patch1 (object) <0x001a0>
at Cities.City.GetInspectString () <0x0002e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller.DrawInspectStringFor (Verse.ISelectable,UnityEngine.Rect) <0x0003b>

RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DrawInspectStringFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DoPaneContentsFor_Patch1(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DoPaneContents(Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:InspectPaneOnGUI_Patch1(Rect, IInspectPane)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 128 comments
Per page: 1530 50