Source Filmmaker

Source Filmmaker

Splatoon 2 : Hairstyles
M.shade3 23 Aug, 2019 @ 4:58pm
How to recolor hair models?
Hello,

Since i'm only learning SFM i was unhappy to find the octoling models i was originally using had been taken down, and it made the precious custom colors that i deemed myself incapable of reproducing lost seemingly forever. Enough drama.
How do i put this one color i copied from the lost models onto the new ones? where is materials in element viewer?
Sorry if this is quite basic, but i said i'm learning so how do i recolor these models?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
JonathanFS  [developer] 31 Aug, 2019 @ 7:46pm 
you gotta right click and override materials and right click and go to show in element viewer and go to materials
M.shade3 24 Sep, 2019 @ 2:16pm 
Thanks very much!
Just so you know, the reason i put this as a discussion is to make sure other beginners can find it where they need it. Sometimes you just don't want to spend time wading through video tutorials. Again, thanks very much, this helped restore my characters completely.
Last edited by M.shade3; 24 Sep, 2019 @ 2:19pm
Rosa 29 Sep, 2019 @ 2:04pm 
changing teamcolour works fine for me, but the spots and gradient dont change at all. Tried this with multiple hairstyles, same issue.
Is it possible to have the hairstyles be two coloured?
Mfgolt 9 Dec, 2020 @ 3:02pm 
Here's my way:

Right click on the Inkling, next, Click on override materials, then, next, right click on the Inkling (Again), next, click on view element editor *Model*, next, click on the plus by materials, next, find the teamcolor (Not 2), next click on the color of the Inkling's hair, and finally, set it to what ever color you want, and that way, your Inkling model will have a different colored hair. But, if it does not work, it's easy. Just go back to the models, and right click on the Inkling, and click on model and try it again and again until it turns into the color you want.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50