Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Project Eden - Empyrion 1.0 (obsolete - new version available)
RxBilly 13 Oct, 2020 @ 5:21pm
The new patch and Project Eden
Hello folks, first and for most would like to give a big Thank you to Ravien_ff..

Im running the server Horizon Project Eden since the begging of August and we had a lot on interest from folks. On average we had about 40-50 players daily and they loved the mod.

The issue that we had was after the current patch introduced to the game where our playfields were failing to the point that we had to wipe.. So we did.

That being said, we still have some of the playfields on random failing now, and the only way to fix them is manually now.. which works for the most part.

My question is.. Is this Eleon related or Project Eden/Eleon related ?

2nd question to the dev of this mod.. Is there a patch coming out for Project Eden ? If so when would be expecting it roughly.

Thanks in advance..
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
ravien_ff  [developer] 13 Oct, 2020 @ 5:43pm 
Nothing should have changed to affect playfields, so I couldn't tell you why you're having troubles.

I'll be updating the scenario end of October/beginning of November.
RxBilly 13 Oct, 2020 @ 5:55pm 
Alright, thank you for the speedy response much appreciated.
RxBilly 22 Oct, 2020 @ 7:02am 
Side note:

We have been running the scenario for about month a half now, the first month of it we had 0 issues for the past 2 weeks nothing but problems such as playfields not loading, random disconnecting issues, ships warping on their own, when locking and warping to another playfield you end up in the same spot.. This has happened when we got more then 50 players online (lot of folks love the scenario) but now even with lower number of folks we still have the issues.

It has been pretty rough.. Hope your new patch can resolve some of the issue.

Thanks in advance
ravien_ff  [developer] 22 Oct, 2020 @ 5:53pm 
Originally posted by RxBilly:
Side note:

We have been running the scenario for about month a half now, the first month of it we had 0 issues for the past 2 weeks nothing but problems such as playfields not loading, random disconnecting issues, ships warping on their own, when locking and warping to another playfield you end up in the same spot.. This has happened when we got more then 50 players online (lot of folks love the scenario) but now even with lower number of folks we still have the issues.

It has been pretty rough.. Hope your new patch can resolve some of the issue.

Thanks in advance

Those issues have been reported in the default game too. I don't know what's causing it, but an update to the scenario won't fix it.
geodetic 31 Oct, 2020 @ 6:05pm 
Ok, now i've been trying to complete at least once the mission fuel delivery. Found two damned foreman ships and in both there was no mining officier.how the hell are we supposed to complete the quest? You could just remove it at this point
geodetic 31 Oct, 2020 @ 6:05pm 
This all, after around 250 warps

A mission like that is just frustrating. For today i lost the will to play. Hope you fix this
Last edited by geodetic; 31 Oct, 2020 @ 6:06pm
ravien_ff  [developer] 31 Oct, 2020 @ 8:01pm 
Originally posted by geodetic:
Ok, now i've been trying to complete at least once the mission fuel delivery. Found two damned foreman ships and in both there was no mining officier.how the hell are we supposed to complete the quest? You could just remove it at this point

It's already fixed in the next update to the scenario coming soon. And I also increased the chance of finding mining operations.

But it's still going to be rare. This scenario is not about linear going from A to B to C etc. You can deactivate the mission until you do find a mining operation. There is no reason you must do this mission, and it's not the only mission that is hard to find/complete. Unfortunately because of the limitations of the mission system and the random generation of the galaxy, I can't just make a mining site appear for you without making them appear all over the place.

So the best I can do is give them a decent chance to spawn in the D and M class star systems so you can find them in a reasonable amount of time.
ravien_ff  [developer] 31 Oct, 2020 @ 8:08pm 
- Mining Foreman T2 should now work for the mission Fuel Delivery. (Please let me know if this is still a problem after starting a new save game) Also slightly increased the chance of finding a Polaris Mining Operation in M and D class star systems.
From the coming update.
geodetic 1 Nov, 2020 @ 4:26pm 
well i finally managed to find the right foreman but you must correct something:§

mission description: "they will appear on the map like an orange asteroid field, but in the map description will be stated they are a mining fleet"

map description: "polaris megacorp has placed a beacon, signaling that all the nearby asteroids are claimed and any mining action will be seen as an aggression. ...... " and so on

i happened to find the ship because i inspected those places just in case of (anyways 4 out of 5 of them were empty)
ravien_ff  [developer] 2 Nov, 2020 @ 8:18pm 
Originally posted by geodetic:
well i finally managed to find the right foreman but you must correct something:§

mission description: "they will appear on the map like an orange asteroid field, but in the map description will be stated they are a mining fleet"

map description: "polaris megacorp has placed a beacon, signaling that all the nearby asteroids are claimed and any mining action will be seen as an aggression. ...... " and so on

i happened to find the ship because i inspected those places just in case of (anyways 4 out of 5 of them were empty)

Yes thank you, I noticed that as well and will be fixing the descriptions!
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50