Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Project Eden - Empyrion 1.0 (obsolete - new version available)
Mioh 11 Aug, 2020 @ 11:14am
No Offline.
Was really dissapointed when i got home where i have no wifi to find i cannot play my save file for eather Reforged or Project Eden.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Mioh 11 Aug, 2020 @ 11:46am 
Manually moved the files from Workshop content to game folders scenerios folder and it showed up. both refogred and eden. their workshop numbers are 1742662471 for project eden and 2154284616 for Eden Reforged when looking in workshop contents. steamapps=workshop=content=383120= serach those for thowse numbers lol cheers
Amrak 20 Sep, 2020 @ 11:52am 
Question? Does this still work? Not sure if I did it right. Found the file 1742662741in the workshop folder and dropped it in the scenario's folder. It did not appear in my scenario's as Project Eden it did show the file #.
Played for half an hour, went to galaxy map and looks like the regular game. None of the extra galaxy territories etc.. Seemed different but not. I will say that my CPU had quite the time though.
Vanilla game my CPU temp runs 31-34C, PE CPU shot up to 37C. AMD 8350, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, GF 1660 GX 6GB. I do have a SSD just waiting for the tropics to settle down to install/transfer with out having the power go out. Happens daily right now. Should I wait to play PE till after SSD is installed?

Any advise would be very welcome.
Last edited by Amrak; 20 Sep, 2020 @ 11:54am
Mioh 22 Sep, 2020 @ 11:46am 
forgot i posted this, im running 3.2ghz i5 cpu (skylake) cpu with 940mx nvidia grafics which i was actually running the game on my 620intel grafics card cause im a new user of linux and didnt install my nvidia drivers correctly lol and 8 gb ram.

Im on laptop too. the game is allready a heavy game and i was having a hard time scrapping out 15-30 fps outside of combat. inside flight combat it can drop to 10-15fps. jsing the game is heavy lol but its playable... lol i built all 3 types of ships plus a super big c.v and the worst FPS parts were mainly the combat.. i did allot of ini tweaks to break down the grafics btw, of which i cannot remeber what i had things set to so dont ask but im sure other people have good guides to that.

smart installing transfer after storm im on a 226ssd off the grid so i cant lose power cause i do not trust General Eletric to supply me power anymore lol plus id rather spend my hard earned cash on games like this lol

So back to the mod working..... last time i checked it was you have to be online with steam. download the workshop mod... search for that mod you downloaded and then MANUALLY transfer it to the steam game folder where you will find senerios. now load the game in offline it should be their. worked for me..

I know man the basic empyrion galatic map is sooo bland lol hopefully this helps. its comming into winter here so i wont have the power to do tests to clairify that this works.

P.s i was using EDEN REFORGED not just eden. donno if that helps.
Amrak 22 Sep, 2020 @ 11:56am 
Thanks for responding. I also found a thread on Empyrion.com where Ravienff says that it is not really needed to be transferred. Maybe because I play offline it seems to be fussy.
I will go and redownload it and try it again.

I am on a desktop but agree think I will wait till I get the SSD installed because Project Eden has so much more going on it is taxing my system. The storms here are not the issue at the moment, dead trees are water logged and just fall over taking out the power.
Maybe a Christmas present of more RAM?? Good excuse as any!! :steamhappy:
Mioh 22 Sep, 2020 @ 12:19pm 
lol good luck buddy and if all else fails refrrence ravien to my post and ask them yourself im sure they will resond too. I ONLY play games in offline mode only, due to not having wifi on my boat. thus allot of games these days take me modding then after i buy them to play them or i m stuck to playing older games lol
Good luck
Amrak 22 Sep, 2020 @ 1:57pm 
Originally posted by ResOnatingBong:
lol good luck buddy and if all else fails refrrence ravien to my post and ask them yourself im sure they will resond too. I ONLY play games in offline mode only, due to not having wifi on my boat. thus allot of games these days take me modding then after i buy them to play them or i m stuck to playing older games lol
Good luck

Thanks! Yep you can get answers on Empyrion.com site. I have found one thread that deals with this and will just try and reload it. I did not copy and paste it in the scenarios folder, I just dragged and dropped it. so will try and do the copy method. Computers and file are a temperamental bunch. Hey some of those older games are gems!! ;)

Happy exploring the galaxy!! :steamhappy:
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50