DrakoZ  [developer] 6 Mar, 2019 @ 1:48pm
Bug
If something went wrong .....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Left 10 Mar, 2019 @ 8:14am 
Not unlocking progression in survival.
Left 10 Mar, 2019 @ 9:31am 
The problem is that when you spawn in mars drop pod, you only have a SMALL survival kit. This mod requires a large mod kit to unlock progression (?), therefore, we are unable to start in survival mode with.
DrakoZ  [developer] 10 Mar, 2019 @ 12:51pm 
Ok, I’ll see, I haven’t reached it yet I was sure how the technology tree works.
Adamus Magnus 14 Mar, 2019 @ 7:26am 
well nothing went wrong, but I need some help if possible. How can I get/make steel? I mean, I searched every assembler, every refinery, but I just can't find out how to make it. I need steel powder in order to advance. Can you help me?
DrakoZ  [developer] 14 Mar, 2019 @ 8:46am 
Thanks for the question, but it was not a big bug)
Found corrected, I hope it was decided.
And where to do, in Basic Smart Furnace.
If in the future you will find more inconsistencies, then write, I often watch.

All models or textures will be repeated, but will change in the future.
Adamus Magnus 15 Mar, 2019 @ 1:55am 
Yeah, I found it, I didn't notice the basic smart furnace before. Thank you Drakoz
Jack The Flipper 15 Mar, 2019 @ 2:08pm 
It seems that both the "small cargo container" and the "elementary small cargo container" have a volume of only 2000l if you build them, however the small cargo container on the space respawn pod has its usual volume of 15000l (x3 inventory size in this world). This is a wild guess, but i presume the elementary one is supposed to have a smaller volume while the "normal" one retains its normal volume?
DrakoZ  [developer] 15 Mar, 2019 @ 2:27pm 
As I understand it, in the starting shuttles, everything is already written in the file, and therefore it will remain there as in the original. This is not affected by the mod.
But everything else when creating a new container will already apply.
Also the capacity of containers is close to real values. If too little, you can set x3 or x10.
But your thoughts are interesting to me too.
The simplest containers will be smaller in capacity than the standard ones.
Jack The Flipper 15 Mar, 2019 @ 2:53pm 
next thing: the basic assembler doesnt pull needed items from conveyors.
DrakoZ  [developer] 15 Mar, 2019 @ 3:06pm 
It seems corrected ...
Last edited by DrakoZ; 15 Mar, 2019 @ 4:58pm
DrakoZ  [developer] 16 Mar, 2019 @ 5:13am 
If the problem remains, try to disassemble the old one and put it together.
Most likely, the code attributes when you build a block.
Jack The Flipper 16 Mar, 2019 @ 4:14pm 
sorry for the wall of text, i hope this helps fixing various things :D

i just set up a little station, and the basic assembler and survival kit are the only things that use conveyors and pull needed items out of containers. (crusher, basic refinery, basic ceemical sssembler, basic electronic assembler and basic smart furnace are not pulling items from conveyors).

Other things i noticed during my attempt(s) at surviving with this mod:
  1. power is a huge problem early on:

on a planet you can only use elementary batteries(at least 10 for basic assembler) to power your first base, then you would need steel to build a wind turbine.
    you can only get the steel by grinding down parts of your pod and disassembling the components in the basic assembler.
    i havent tried the bio generator tho(what fuel does it need anyway?)
    Suggestion: a wind turbine you can build with iron components(50% efficiency maybe?)

in space your respawn ship is powered by hydrogen and survives fo a while on its batteries, however once those batterie run out you are doomed as making hydrogen from the ice you mine is painfully slow(crusher->basic smart furnace->h2/o2 generator) and on my ship was in fact so slow it couldnt power the ship at all(1 crusher and furnace).
    Suggestion: either a much faster rate at which you can make water out of ice or simply leaving the hydrogen/oxygen mechanics vanilla.

solar power is also not possible, because the basic assembler makes 160w solar cells and you need 80w ones for normal solar panels(a mistake in the code i guess).

2. steel:
    maybe i am just unlucky but i have not been able to make any steel, i have been flying around in space looking for ores until my ship ran out of batteries but havent found anything that gives me carbon powder and i am also missing manganum(manganese). I havent seen a way to get the metals out of hydrides either(this way i am also missing chrome).
    Suggestion: i think carbon is the key component here so maybe that should be more abundant?

3. language:
    this is something to look into after everything else works as intended(mostly wrong element names, but nothing too serious) :D
DrakoZ  [developer] 16 Mar, 2019 @ 4:25pm 
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I know that there is a rather serious problem with electricity, plus a little chaos in the beginning.
Currently solving this problem. In the near future there will be a correction and rebalance.
Jack The Flipper 16 Mar, 2019 @ 4:46pm 
i just realized the survival kit is superior to the other basic blocks in some aspects aswell, it can refine ice straight into water, and much faster than a furnace. It also gives different materials on the ores it can process compared to the basic refinery. I would expect the blocks that are more "advanced" than the survival kit to be superior.
Ugga 17 Mar, 2019 @ 2:24am 
@Jack The Flipper
One turbine on EarthLike gives energy for production, but it is only on EarthLike... Steel can be taken by dismantling the NPC ships.
Turbines are scanned horizontally to check for obstructions at a distance of 20. The more things it detects, the worse the efficiency. If it is completely surrounded, it is considered blocked and the efficiency drops to zero. They also check for ground clearance, the optimum is 25.
For best performance turbine to be constructed on a column of 7+ cubes. They seem to work poorly in the mountains.
(sry bad English)
Last edited by Ugga; 17 Mar, 2019 @ 2:27am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50