RimWorld

RimWorld

RimThemes
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
aRandomKiwi  [developer] 28 Feb, 2019 @ 9:15am
[FAQ]
1) I want to disable RimTheme's loader, custom fonts, particles on buttons, customs sounds, windows customs textures,....
You can do all of this in RimThemes's settings (shortcut on RimWorld's main screen at bottom left )

2) How can i change the current theme ?
In RimWorld's main screen, click on the icon at bottom right

3) How can i change the current theme ingame ?
Show the menu (by hitting "ESC" key or click on "Menu" ), you should see the current mod's icon appear on the menu, just click on it.

4) How can i make my own theme ?
Please see the Themes Makers topic

5) Does theme pack mod list order matter ?
No, only RimThemes mod need to be placed on top of the list

6) Can i include custom font when making a theme ?
No, you can only use one provided by RimThemes (there is near 100 fonts available, so it allows a lot of diversity ). For more informations see the Themes Makers topic

7) The main loader screen hang infinitely at startup
In most of cases when RimThemes freeze at startup loading screen it's because you have other mod's which need specific load order between them and this is not the case, so it generate loading errors and sometimes can make RimThemes crash too due to the cascade effect.
Please check your RimWorld output.log file (generaly in "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\RimWorldWin64_Data" for Windows), if you see many errors related to other mod's (mod name, or stuff name from specific mod related to the errors line) you need to adjust your mod load order (by deleting or editing your ModsConfig.xml file).

8) Can i make trransparent a theme which is not by default transparent ?
Yes, simply disable the setting "Disable overriding of windows opacity level" and set the desired transparency levelyou want with the appearing slider, even Vanilla can be made transparent with this way

9) I dont like some elements showed in the main menu ( rimthemes logo, expansions icons, infos corner ...)
You can disable all these elements in the mod's settings
Last edited by aRandomKiwi; 15 Aug, 2020 @ 6:33am
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
omar.richardson 3 Mar, 2019 @ 2:39pm 
??? I have placed the mod in the top of the list as described and on the loading screen it loads up and freezes at --> Parsing Defs : 13046/13046 and is not loading after this point and I cannot close the program. how can i fix this?
aRandomKiwi  [developer] 3 Mar, 2019 @ 2:55pm 
@omar.richardson : It's normal RimWorld freeze at the end of "Parsing Defs X/X" (loader animation freezed), but if it hang a longer time than usual it's not normal, can you provide me the log file named "output_log.txt" in your "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\RimWorldWin64_Data" (with dropbox, mediafire, google doc, ... what you want), like this i can see what cause this issue.
omar.richardson 4 Mar, 2019 @ 9:16pm 
@aRandomKiwi thanks for the help I found out what was stopping the program. It was my not paying attention and loading the Lord of the Rims Mods and two of those Mod's conflicted with each other and I didnt read the notes not to load them together. I'm good now Thanks for the help
aRandomKiwi  [developer] 6 Mar, 2019 @ 4:30am 
@omar.richardson : No worries, i updated the FAQ with your issue case, it will serve to other.
Did you have deleted you ModsConfig.xml file to reacess RimWorld to do your change in mod load order ? :br_cool:
Sgori 14 Jul, 2019 @ 12:18pm 
Is there any theme music list?
Aaron 13 Jan, 2020 @ 8:29am 
Rimthemes can be compatible with Multiplayer?
echo 3 Apr, 2020 @ 6:22am 
Hi,
Can you update this mod on DropBox?
aRandomKiwi  [developer] 30 Dec, 2020 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by Gray Sanddragon:

How long? 30 minutes? If I have to wait that long I will stream without this mod

No surprise that many modders no longer update their mods when dealing with a lot of stupid players like @Gray Sanddragon, who always complains without any constructive remarks or hugs lib reports to help fixing the issue.
Gray Sanddragon 31 Dec, 2020 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by aRandomKiwi:
Originally posted by Gray Sanddragon:
Originally posted by aRandomKiwi:
@omar.richardson : It's normal RimWorld freeze at the end of "Parsing Defs X/X" (loader animation freezed), but if it hang a longer time than usual it's not normal, can you provide me the log file named "output_log.txt" in your "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\RimWorldWin64_Data" (with dropbox, mediafire, google doc, ... what you want), like this i can see what cause this issue.

How long? 30 minutes? If I have to wait that long I will stream without this mod

No surprise that many modders no longer update their mods when dealing with a lot of stupid players like @Gray Sanddragon, who always complains without any constructive remarks or hugs lib reports to help fixing the issue.

No offense but I can't understand what you're saying sometimes it makes no sense whatsoever. I was asking Omar and figuring it out for myself; 30+ minutes load time is absurd while running other software. Also, why do you need a log from me when I'm asking a very specific question about Omar's load time, and why are you bullying me with ad hominem by calling me stupid? I have my own theory why modders quit.

Last edited by Gray Sanddragon; 31 Dec, 2020 @ 1:51pm
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50