Space Engineers

Space Engineers

SAMv2 - Sam's Autopilot Manager version 2
Magistrator  [developer] 15 Feb, 2019 @ 1:58pm
Report suggestions to improve this script here.
As title reads =)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
zernon 15 Feb, 2019 @ 8:32pm 
Suggestion: Renaming Waypoints, I have a ton of them, to keep my ship from slamming into cliff faces it doesnt see until its too late. Renaming my waypoints would help me remember where they are and which direction. Maybe have them save to the custom data spot on the lcd? I Know that is porbably a lot of scripting, and I am a novice myself.
Magistrator  [developer] 16 Feb, 2019 @ 12:45am 
@zernon916 - thanks! I had tougth about this, but as you pointed out it is not trivial to do. As an alternative to avoid hitting into clift faces you have either one of 3 options:
1) decrease maximum speed (MAX_SPEED);
2) increase thruster power in lower direction;
3) increase HORIZONT_CHECK_DISTANCE (this one can have more adverse side effects, but you can try with double the value for a start);
zernon 16 Feb, 2019 @ 2:12am 
I did the option 3, turns out my freighters thrusters were not enough to stop it from hitting the ground on its decent. So I may need to add more thrusters all around on this little freighter or remove some cargo space...
Malohkan 15 Mar, 2019 @ 3:59am 
+1 to renaming waypoints. An at-your-own-risk dump in Custom Data would be awesome. I have my ship going through a complex hangar which is basically a maze, so it's completely incapable of reaching my dock without being given waypoints which are hard to keep track of.
nicknds 16 Mar, 2019 @ 1:50am 
1. Add 'reset' command to clear Storage, if necessary output 'Please Recompile' to the log screen
2. When inside safe zone, or too close to host grid, make client get some distance from the host grid
3. Broadcast host grid's position and radius to clients. Have client move around host's position using the radius until it reaches minimal distance between client and desired connector, then attempt docking procedure
3.1. On client, designating connector on the other side of the host grid relative to the client caused client to fly in a straight line to the connector (client on right side of host probably inside of safe zone, designated connector on left side of host). Smashed right into the host. Lol.
Satis 16 Mar, 2019 @ 11:34pm 
Able to adjust the font size instead of a fixed font size, would be nice as it don't fit small text panels that well on small ships
sp0q 30 Mar, 2019 @ 2:47am 
As far as the timer blocks not being started half the time:

I've mingled a bit with your code (sorry about that, won't publish the changes anywhere). It's far from a fix but it's a start for your own debug:

I got rid of the 'foreach' loops in the SendSignals() function, the 'if' condition checks only if the Signal.list contains a DOCK status and if so, initiates a specific timer by it's name.
So as far as I can tell the Signal.list is being populated properly with each docking.
It either fails to verify the timers' ID for DOCKED/NAVIGATED tag or the 'foreach' loops fail to go through every timer block (the latter seems unreasonable).

The game is running in the background as I write this and it didn't fail once.

I'd debug the original code further but it's hard to unmingle your single line and still keep it compilable in-game so I need to input my changes into your obfuscated code which is a major pain ;)

Hit me up if you'll need any additional info. I'll give an update if it ever fails to start the timer.
wolfenray73 30 Mar, 2019 @ 12:29pm 
I agree with Statis. Being able to change font and font size is a big suggestion from me.
Magistrator  [developer] 8 Apr, 2019 @ 6:09am 
- font size is possible to update now, use OVR Tag.

- Timers need to be on the main grid.
Magistrator  [developer] 8 Apr, 2019 @ 6:10am 
- CLEARSTORAGE command clears the storage, PB needs to be recompiled.
matthewvogt 8 Apr, 2019 @ 10:15am 
The scrip is great i love it. Theres only 2 things i could thing of that would be cool. Sam doxking with merge blocks. And being able to increase text on the LCDS. Thank you for all your hard work!! Just read its updatable through tags thanks!!! That was fast
Last edited by matthewvogt; 8 Apr, 2019 @ 10:15am
JR_Ewing 15 Apr, 2019 @ 11:05am 
First of all I must salute you. Your script is absolutly awesome. I would like to ask you, if should be possible to add an option to switch "down" direction when enter to a gravity field. Logicaly, in space most powerfull thrusters pointing backward, while in gravity of the planet most thrust should be down.
Kaiechi 17 Apr, 2019 @ 1:07pm 
the only two things i can think of that would be a great addition to the script
the first would be the ability to name manual waypoints eg using "ADD <name>" and "ADDSTANCE <name>"
and the second would be the ability to use the new lcd screens, cockpit etc
Last edited by Kaiechi; 17 Apr, 2019 @ 1:08pm
JR_Ewing 21 Apr, 2019 @ 1:11am 
Originally posted by JR_Ewing:
First of all I must salute you. Your script is absolutly awesome. I would like to ask you, if should be possible to add an option to switch "down" direction when enter to a gravity field. Logicaly, in space most powerfull thrusters pointing backward, while in gravity of the planet most thrust should be down.

Maybe it could be easily done by two remote controllers - one oriented (and used) while in gravity field, second to switch to when leave gravity field.
Kyr 22 Apr, 2019 @ 4:23am 
Is it possible to add logic to make the ship recharge batteries / refuel hydro on certain connectors?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
Per page: 1530 50