Starbound

Starbound

Better Ships
Immirik  [developer] 2 Feb, 2019 @ 8:04am
Updates
This discussion is reserved for updates on the collection. Whenever a new mod for Better Ships is posted, I'll post it here. Will probably post very important updates and notices here too.

I highly recommend subscribing to this discussion if you want to keep a watch in this collection!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Immirik  [developer] 22 Feb, 2019 @ 9:25am 
GENERAL UPDATE

I have just updated all of the Better Ships mods, fixing a bunch of issues that were being reported lately, but most importantly, implementing some things I have been working on. Two big changes were made:

- The room dividers from the normal ships (y'know, the rail-like thingies in the backdrop that separated the rooms) are now objects as well, able to be crafted in the Tier-2 furniture crafting bench. These are added as part of the ships in the Better Ships mods, giving more fidelity to the vanilla ships.
- Moreover, there are custom dividers for the glitch (which is also used by the novakid), apex, and human. The avali also get to craft the background of their doors as dividers as well, as do the peglaci get a custom divider of their own.

- Ship Door animation tweaks; Ship doors and hatches have had their spritesheets remade, adding two additional frames to the open/close animations. the result? Much smoother animations, which was something that was seriously bothering me for the longest time.
- Additionally, the doors themselves have a higher render layer, so that when open, they appear in front of the player. (Removing the background from the avali doors was necessary also because of that)
- Some doors haven't been changed - like other sliding doors, but I could see myself doing it for those ones as well.
- Once that's done, I plan to release this change separate as a standalone.

- Tweaks to the teleporters; because of object spawning issues, I needed to shrink the sprites of the teleporters a bit. As a result, their collision is now smaller (and now actually matches the slope in the object better).
- Like with the doors, I plan to add these to the "Object Tweaks" mod later.
Immirik  [developer] 1 Mar, 2019 @ 10:57am 
UPDATE

- Added mods for Curvy Castle (including the Saturnian version), Avian Cruiser, and Fabulous Floran ships.
Immirik  [developer] 22 Jul, 2019 @ 6:37pm 
FU UPDATE
Finally updated the Better Ships FU mod, adding support to the Juux, Fenerox, Peglaci and Veluu (Slimes are hopeless though :V). Also updated a few things in the Things and Things FU mods.

I went through it a lot of times, but I still don't know if there's any issues. Sorry if there's any mistake, and if you find one, please post it in the Issues thread.
Immirik  [developer] 27 Jul, 2019 @ 10:45pm 
REMOVABLE OBJECTS UPDATE
Just updated the vanilla mod, allowing ship objects to be craftable and removable. I tested it a lot, so hopefully it won't have any issues, but before doing the same for modded races I'll wait a bit to see if any issues arise, just to be sure.

Ship Consoles are now bought at Penguin Pete, giving an in-game way to have whichever you'd like without console commands.

I took the liberty to make a few changes to ship object crafting recipes. First, downgraded all durasteel ingredient requirements to titanium (to ease up on durasteel consumption which is already normally high in vanilla). Second, added requirements for salvaged items, as a way to merge mech stuff with the regular game a bit more. This can be a bit annoying to some, but if you'd prefer to use mechs as little as possible, I highly recommend this mod if you don't have it already: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954063152

(Teleporter is not removable as of now, since removing it can make upgrading instable)
Immirik  [developer] 8 Aug, 2019 @ 1:46pm 
WARNING
As a result of upcoming changes to the Better Ships Mods, a few mods will be no longer needed (since all objects and walls will be obtained via buying their respective ship console with Penguin Pete).

These mods are: Better Ships - Deerfolk Walls, and Better Ships - Galaxy Foxes Walls

If you want to, you can unsubscribe from these mods. Alternative, you can (if you haven't already) subscribe to the Better Ships - Deerfolk Ship mod and/or the Better Ships - Galaxy Foxes Ship, which will have actual changes to differenciate their ships from the vanilla ones
Immirik  [developer] 10 Aug, 2019 @ 2:05pm 
5.0 UPDATE
Finally done with most of the "5.0" update to the collection. Now ship objects are removable (except for the teleporter) and craftable. This is, I hope, the last major update for the mods.

I will now slow down a bit again, and wait for a while to see if any issue arise. After that, I'll delete the unneded Walls mods (Kazdra Walls, Deer Walls, Galaxy Foxes Walls).

Only three mods still need updates - Penguins, Galaxy Foxes, and Frackin' Universe. I'll get to those as soon as I'm able.
Immirik  [developer] 29 Dec, 2019 @ 7:23am 
BETTER SHIPS FU UPDATED
Finally got around updating FU to 5.0, keeping up with changes made to the Thelusian, Xi, Juux, etc. Still a few things missing, but I'll have to wait until FU updates with definitive versions of the ships and objects (hopefully not adding even more races in the process >_>")
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50