Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Heaphaistos's Berserker Class
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Heaphaistos  [developer] 19 Oct, 2018 @ 6:14pm
Suggestions
Post all ideas or improvement for the mod there.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
GroverA125 20 Oct, 2018 @ 3:10am 
Would it be possible to copy Odinblade and Helaene in making a supplimentary mod to get over the icon limit? Like the looks of this, but don't want to sacrifice having skill icons.
Ortayol 20 Oct, 2018 @ 3:20am 
Great mod, is it possible to dim the fury light effect on the character
Ar_z_T 20 Oct, 2018 @ 5:49pm 
So far congrats to this mod! I really want to enjoy it, but at the moment, the beserker is too weak to me! At least when you just play with this abilities only.

The Problem: every strike makes him weaker. There is only one ability that makes him immune for one turn against CC. Most of the time he is CC'ed cause your armor melts like nothing in TM.

Tested it now on multiple attemps (even with lone Wolf), but he feels not right and dies too fast. Got many other builds that are more powerfull, able to CC, deal more dmg and survive longer on their own than this one. He is too addicted to a buffing, healing and cc'ing mate.

There are a few moments where he shines and devastates everyone, but ... I dont know.

Perhaps he is intended to be this way and not focussed on solo players?

I know this is the problem, cause in a team he will shine af. Living on the edge, Clear Mind and buffing Teammates will make him a killing machine.
But i play him LW with your Sun-Moon Mage as partner and he dies too fast, if I dont mix his abilities with other classes...

Suggestion 1:
Instead of decreasing his restistance and pushing is dmg
i would prefer decreasing the cost of his abilities after lvl 3 fury. Till lvl 6 every ability costs -1 AP and then resets. Gives him more chance to survive on his own i think.

Suggestion 2: Warcry should increase his HP. Adrenaline is pumping through his veins and he should feel less pain, when he is in rage.

Don't take it as criticism, it is just my opinion and my playstyle he doesn't fit in ;-)
(sorry for my english)
Lovejohnson 21 Oct, 2018 @ 1:20am 
Originally posted by b.arda.y:
Great mod, is it possible to dim the fury light effect on the character

I would second this - it's a bit distracting.

Trying a solo LW Berserker right now and looking forward to how he'll handle himself.
only halfway through Fort Joy right now, so I can't really relate to Arz_z_T's impression quite yet.

Otherwise AMAZING quality mod! Thank you dearly for all the work you put into this and the heaps of content you provide the community with.
Heaphaistos  [developer] 21 Oct, 2018 @ 6:02am 
@GroverA125 - yes, i just need to figure out how.

@b.arda.y - yes it possible :), added to the list.

@Ar_z_T - So yeah this class is meant to be a melee glass cannon early game and a amazing bruiser late game, this is why you want a support or a tank with it :).
But i understand that you still need to be able to finish the first act before late game x).
i'll add a skill early game to help, and some update to the other skills.

Fortified Shout : increase the vitality by X% ( self only ) for 3 turn. ( something like this )

Thank you :)
mace_palframan 28 Oct, 2018 @ 5:17am 
Totally love this mod, it seemed underwhelming at first and was abit disappointed that many abilities scale exclusively with strength and not with the stat of what your using like finesse for spears/daggers; once I got a feel for the mechanics though and building fury for more damage I loved it.

Some thoughts, of course take from it what you will, I noticed that "Punishing Strike" has a really heavy penalty on self, that almost never justifies its use. I think it might be more appropriate if the ability stayed very much the same, but instead of applying wounded to self, applies bleeding and unbalanced. Realistically I can see an attack like this affecting your battle stance, one heavy attack that harms your footing, but as is, even though its damage is brilliant, its hard to justify 1 extra cost to all actions with torturer at least for me its 3 turns.

Aside from that all looks amazing so far, my only other question would be are short leap and earth shattering strength scaling exclusive on purpose? It would be nice if they scaled with the weapon trait just so they arent curbed skills for spear users, as they are limited already without tempest mod out yet.

Frenzy strike starts to get really overpowered, I laughed at it the first time I used it until I realised how it works. Holy once you get it to triple strike after an execute and the crits kick in, it gets amazing. Perhaps this would be a good one to cap at 3 strikes?

Thank you so much for your hard work on this project, it is awesome, enjoying it very thoroughly, looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)
metronome 11 Nov, 2018 @ 4:39pm 
I really enjoy your mods, Heaphaistos! Playing at level 11 with Berserker -I'm starting to see it's power.

A concern for me is the reocurring issue of stun/frozen/petrified/prone/terror etc., all these status effects make any class helpless because they end their turn, and can be chained by cooperative enemies. Once the physical/magic armor is gone, the game basically makes the Berserker locked down and vulnerable to everything. My Berserker always uses a shield, just to counter this problem.

Thematically there is usually a way for a Berserker to have a CHANCE to "shake it off" or counter these turn-ending status effects. Not 100% all the time, but maybe it builds up with the Fury and has a cumulative chance of resisting, like 20% / 40% / 60%, etc.? It could be a short term activated skill (Bloodlust), or better yet tied into a long term activated feature like Fury.
IVoltZ 5 Jan, 2019 @ 12:06pm 
The fury effect is too bright and intrusive, i would recommend tuning it down largely or completly removing it keeping the yellow moving beams(something like the warm aura effect). Also, as they have said already, the whirlwind effect is a little bit too much.

The rest of the mod is pretty leggit! Keep up the good work!
Last edited by IVoltZ; 5 Jan, 2019 @ 5:51pm
Bakunawa Benji 8 Jan, 2019 @ 9:51pm 
Can you make the mod not in DE version?
Shana 25 Feb, 2019 @ 10:42pm 
So far I'm really liking this mod. It's a lot of fun to play, though it feels like I'm dying way too fast as it stands. Maybe nerf the fury effects negatives and positives a bit. My main concern however is friendly fire. It's very hard utilizing any of this when there is no space to actually use these skill without hitting a friendly. How about an addon-mod that disables friendly fire on this mod? Otherwise I'm really enjoying myself.
SeaStorms 23 Apr, 2019 @ 8:52am 
I cant find the skill books please help
Paul Breakfast 11 Nov, 2019 @ 9:40pm 
Is there any chance you can put it so we can switch our current class to berserker? I'm on blacksmith right now but id prefer not to spend a bunch of money to get the books.
Sekai 12 Feb, 2020 @ 11:27am 
Would it be possible to get a starter class change on Ares?
Would love to make it so I could swap classes without the need of buying books in the early game!
Zane Nightshade 4 Mar, 2020 @ 4:18pm 
Please make one shared lib for all your class mods to merge textures into one atlas - it could resolve the blank icons problem inside the inventory and the skill book.

Kind Regards!
Wut Wut 30 May, 2020 @ 5:02pm 
Seconding the requests for a) Class change on Ares (just reset character to the default preset) and b) A shared lib so all your mods have one atlas.

For Frenzied Strike: perhaps instead of making a new skill for each level, the skill should have a 1 turn CD, and number of strikes is dictated by the number of Frenzied stacks the caster has? It SOUNDS like a simple idea, but it may have been your original implementation plan and just not feasible within the scope of the game engine. If so, eh, it is what it is.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50