RimWorld

RimWorld

Androids [1.3 | Discontinued]
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
ChJees  [developer] 11 Jun, 2020 @ 4:56pm
Androids 2.0

I figured that the best way to enhance this mod further is by doing everything from scratch again. I has learnt a lot since I went to my trade school and the work experience programI has been in.

For more information visit my Discord server.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Tovias 12 Jul, 2020 @ 12:05am 
God speed, loved this mod and can't wait to see what's next!
megabot 18 Sep, 2020 @ 8:47am 
request for future: could you add a changelog for the new androids mod please?
Winterbloom 28 Oct, 2020 @ 4:39am 
agreed with tovias, god speed you magnificent modder, god speed.
do you mind adding in some compatibility with pawnmorpher? I have an android with "Morph Frustrated" and while its inspired a new goal for my colony, I realized that because of the way that these two mods work, there isn't an easy way to mutate an android. Not that its a big deal, I'm going to figure out a way to work around the problem (I'm going to make the android change races through brainscanning to become not just more human but the ultimate lifeform, a bit of Kar's (jojos) story line through other means).

But, here we are; the suggestion.
This is based on little to no knowledge of programming, just through interaction in the game so take that with a grain of salt.

Pawnmorpher mutations work sort of like infection, sort of like disease, sort of like a scar, and sort of like venom. There is a mutagenic buildup that occurs upon interaction with a source (Standing near a meteorite, sleeping in a certain kind of bed, getting hit with a mutanite weapon).

The androids are seemingly immune to the effects of mutagenic buildup and im not entirely sure why. So I tested with a couple different mods that add alien races and the result... Im still confused. My assumption can only be that it isnt an issue with pawnmorpher, it isnt an issue with Alien Races, its an issue with the androids specifically being unable to be affected by one of the hediffs that pawnmorpher utilizes. Pawnmorpher has its own issues like being unable to harvest mutant legs, hence the thought that this may be why.

further testing is needed to see f its even possible to make them sensitive to the effects.
Last edited by RodentPileTheFurryOWOWhatsThis; 28 Nov, 2020 @ 9:01pm
nice
Paolini 9 Jan, 2021 @ 7:39am 
great news
elvis 20 Jan, 2021 @ 9:46am 
wooooohoooooo!
Crow9ls 8 Feb, 2021 @ 2:41pm 
cant wait :steamhappy:
Bud 24 May, 2021 @ 3:51am 
is it not possible to install new modifications into already made androids?
Kelven 21 Jun, 2021 @ 9:48am 
375 days since this topic was pinned with no additional info, I'm going to assume plans for Androids 2.0 have been abandoned/put on indefinite hold?
Maulmere 24 Jun, 2021 @ 10:58am 
Bro, You're still here?
Mr. J Soda 28 Jun, 2021 @ 2:12pm 
Originally posted by Kelven:
375 days since this topic was pinned with no additional info, I'm going to assume plans for Androids 2.0 have been abandoned/put on indefinite hold?
They've probably posted any updates they have on their discord. Joining it should let you know if this has been abandoned/put on hold.
Daus the Kaus 28 Jun, 2021 @ 10:12pm 
Gotta say, this mod is awesome, Good luck on the project
Devildog 24 Jul, 2021 @ 5:21pm 
Any updates for 2.0?
Alex 6 Aug, 2021 @ 6:57am 
Why not move to new Harmony, to get rid of tons of duplicates?
https://github.com/pardeike/HarmonyRimWorld
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50