Space Engineers

Space Engineers

FSZ - Faction Safe Zones ~Updated 12/23/19~
Xero 24 Oct, 2018 @ 8:42pm
Tie safe zones to one block per faction?
If possible, could you tie the safe zones generated while offline to only stations, and only one block available per faction? or maybe per player, just to make it fair for those that are just one player 'factions'.
That way players must place a block to activate it, could be a really cheap block too.

edit: also maybe a timeout for safe zones. after x amount of days in config.
This would promote people to play on the server. because if they logoff, and stay gone for 14 days, their grid is up for 'hunting' more or less.
Last edited by Xero; 24 Oct, 2018 @ 8:56pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Kamikaze  [developer] 27 Oct, 2018 @ 11:17am 
Safe zones only spawn on stations but they can extend to a ship if they are close enough. I don't understand what u mean by one block per faction. This mod will work on one player faction. Maybe I just dont understand what your asking..sorry

I'll have to come up of a way to do this properly with the script setup. Maybe add another config option with number of days...0 being infinite
Kamikaze  [developer] 27 Oct, 2018 @ 11:18am 
I'm trying to close anymore feature additions on this mod so i can continue working on others that i have going on :)
Xero 27 Oct, 2018 @ 2:42pm 
Okay so here's the suggestion.

Players in faction each have one special block, this block can generate an offline safe zone when the faction goes offline. This bubble is limited to one per station, and maybe 1 per x distance between stations too. the maximum number of blocks is 1 per player, per faction . so if you have 2 players, you get 2 potential safe zones (i.e. for earth, mars bases etc...)

< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50