RimWorld

RimWorld

More Faction Interaction
Digit4lC4m 2 Sep, 2019 @ 6:38am
Can't open 'Do Incident (World)' dev debug menu after building the Comms console.
Every time I try to open it, I would get the following message:

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks/<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<RandomNearbyTradeableSettlement>b__0 (RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase) <0x00060>
at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>.MoveNext () <0x0016b>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>.AddEnumerable (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>) <0x000d7>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>) <0x000e5>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>) <0x00070>
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElement<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>,RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase&) <0x000df>
at Verse.GenCollection.RandomElementWithFallback<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>,RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase) <0x0005b>
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks.RandomNearbyTradeableSettlement (int) <0x000e2>
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks.CanFireNowSub (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x00091>
at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (RimWorld.IncidentParms,bool) <0x004a2>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu/<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey53.<>m__0 () <0x00230>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister.DebugAction (string,System.Action) <0x0014b>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoIncidentDebugAction (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x000e0>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems_MapActions_Patch1 (object) <0x000ec>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems () <0x000f8>
at Verse.Dialog_OptionLister.DoWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect) <0x004e3>
at Verse.Window/<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (int) <0x00882>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

and

Mouse position stack is not empty. There were more calls to BeginScrollView than EndScrollView. Fixing.
Verse.Widgets:EnsureMousePositionStackEmpty()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I have tried the following which seems to solve the problem, but not ideal.
Abandoning the former settlement. (If I ever run into same issue again, am I to abandon the settlement I pour my heart into creating again?)

Uninstalling the mod. (This mod add too many features that feel essential or should've been in the game from the beginning. The game world feels bland without this mod.)

Edit:
Removing Comms Console(s) from the map fixes the problem.
Last edited by Digit4lC4m; 8 Sep, 2019 @ 11:12am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Ark 3 Sep, 2019 @ 1:05am 
Hey I noticed this earlier today and have been trying to figure out the cause too!! Do you have RimCities installed? ALSO, do you have Roads of the Rim installed? What made you want to open the do incident log? Were you messing around or did you notice you weren't getting world events? For me I realized my world had gotten very quiet so I tried to force an event to fire and that happened. I'm thinking it has something to do with RimCities but I'm reading that the old RimCities bug was fixed so I dunno
LHR_Olorin 3 Sep, 2019 @ 4:35am 
Also noticing this bug and am running rimcities.

Starting a new game with or without rimcities doesn't make a difference.

Still, a bug that people mentioned was the fact that things can get broken when a bumper crop harvest is spawned on a rimcity. I think users were still reporting that happening.
Last edited by LHR_Olorin; 3 Sep, 2019 @ 4:44am
Digit4lC4m 3 Sep, 2019 @ 5:59am 
@Ark Yeah, I have RimCities installed.

I am still getting events now and then, but I got a bit bored and wanted to see what world events are there, so that's that. If I send colonists and make a new settlement, then abandon the old one, that fixes the problem. But it would be a hassle to rebuild a new one, even with all the colonists and resources I currently have.

Edit: No 'Roads of the Rim'.
Last edited by Digit4lC4m; 3 Sep, 2019 @ 6:41am
Ark 3 Sep, 2019 @ 12:13pm 
Do you have any other quest mods like go explore? Or rimquests? Or real ruins?
Digit4lC4m 3 Sep, 2019 @ 1:30pm 
Originally posted by Ark:
Do you have any other quest mods like go explore? Or rimquests? Or real ruins?

Yeah, 'go explore'.
Ark 4 Sep, 2019 @ 12:59pm 
Gonna be honest im at a loss. I dont know whats causing the bug, i tried to figure it out for like 4 hours. Hopefully the mod publisher can figure it out, and soon
Yeah I'm having this issue as well with Rimcities.

The event popped up once at the beginning and I selected "no" as I didn't have the silver then. The next time I saw anything to do with the quest was via a RimQuest NPC but when selected I couldn't click confirm on only that quest.

Now I cannot open the dev menu either and it shows the same message in the log.
Digit4lC4m 8 Sep, 2019 @ 10:55am 
Originally posted by MystPhysX:
Yeah I'm having this issue as well with Rimcities.

The event popped up once at the beginning and I selected "no" as I didn't have the silver then. The next time I saw anything to do with the quest was via a RimQuest NPC but when selected I couldn't click confirm on only that quest.

Now I cannot open the dev menu either and it shows the same message in the log.

It probably has something to do with the Roadwork incident. I abandoned the old settlement and built a new one, that solved the problem until the storyteller decided that it is time to trigger the Roadwork incident again. I had to load a older save and pray that the storyteller wouldn't pick that bugged incident.

I have pinpointed the problem. I just found out that If I build a Comms console, I wouldn't be able to open up the 'Do Incident (World)' unless I deconstruct it. Try removing any Comms console, see if that fixes the problem.
Last edited by Digit4lC4m; 8 Sep, 2019 @ 11:09am
Yes that worked for me as well. Once I deconstructed my Comms console I could open the Do Incident (World) menu.

It's a pity the quest still doesn't work though.
Baracouto 11 Sep, 2019 @ 9:15pm 
Hi, Thanks for posting the temporary fix. I too am unfortunately having the same problem.
Digit4lC4m 12 Sep, 2019 @ 6:24am 
You are welcome.
I just found out you can still have the Comms Console built, just turn it off If you want to open the 'Do Incident' menu. Turn it on when you want to contact other factions.
l.eonardopl 16 Dec, 2019 @ 8:46am 
I have the same problem, all events stopped happening. What mods are you using and what is yours Rimworld's version?
Mods:
- Id: Core
Name: Core
- Id: SRTS-Expanded-master
Name: SRTS Expanded
- Id: 818773962 HugsLib
Name: HugsLib
- Id: JecsTools-1.1.0.16
Name: JecsTools
- Id: AlienRaces-master
Name: Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
- Id: V1AndroidTiers
Name: '[1.0] Android tiers'
- Id: Android Tiers++
Name: Android Tiers++ Extension
- Id: 1541261044 Let's Trade! [1.0]
Name: Let's Trade! [1.0]
- Id: EdBPrepareCarefully
Name: EdB Prepare Carefully
- Id: MoreFactionInteraction_2019_03_06
Name: More Faction Interaction
- Id: FactionControl
Name: '[KV] Faction Control - 1.0'
- Id: RimWorld_CommonSense-master
Name: Common Sense
- Id: 1123043922 Sparkling Worlds - Full Mod
Name: Sparkling Worlds - Full Mod
- Id: 730936602 Achtung!
Name: Achtung!
- Id: 4M-Mehni-s-Misc-Modifications-master
Name: 4M Mehni's Misc Modifications
- Id: RimHUD
Name: RimHUD
- Id: SimpleSidearms
Name: Simple sidearms
- Id: ModManager
Name: Mod Manager
- Id: AdjustableTradeShips
Name: '[KV] Adjustable Trade Ships - 1.0'
- Id: 761421485 Allow Tool
Name: Allow Tool
- Id: ApexRimworldLegends
Name: 'Apex: Rimworld Legends test'
- Id: 1440321094 Auto Seller
Name: Auto Seller
- Id: ImprovedWorkbenches
Name: Better Workbench Management
- Id: Blueprints
Name: Blueprints
- Id: Build From Inventory - Release
Name: Build From Inventory
- Id: CarryCapacityFix
Name: Carry Capacity Fix
- Id: CentralizedClimateControl
Name: Centralized Climate Control
- Id: ColonyManager
Name: Colony Manager
- Id: Color Coded Mood Bar
Name: Color Coded Mood Bar
- Id: 942369931 Damage Indicators
Name: Damage Indicators
- Id: 1552452572 Death Rattle
Name: Death Rattle
- Id: rimworld-mod-DraggableCorners-master
Name: Draggable Corners
- Id: Dubs-Mint-Menus-1.2.463
Name: Dubs Mint Menus
- Id: Dubs-Mint-Minimap-1.1.225
Name: Dubs Mint Minimap
- Id: ED-Embrasures
Name: ED-Embrasures
- Id: ED-EnhancedOptions
Name: ED-EnhancedOptions
- Id: 725956940 Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Name: Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
- Id: ExpandedRoofing-1.0.2
Name: Expanded Roofing
- Id: 754095466 Extended Turrets
Name: Extended Turrets
- Id: FeedTheColonists-1.0.3
Name: Feed The Colonists
- Id: 1814100216 Go Explore!
Name: Go Explore!
- Id: 1561713784 High Density Hydroponics
Name: High Density Hydroponics
- Id: Infused
Name: Infused
- Id: 1190364506 Invisible Conduit
Name: Invisible Conduit
- Id: LWM.DeepStorage
Name: LWM's Deep Storage
- Id: 1541519044 M-13's ChemFuel Generators
Name: M-13's ChemFuel Generators
- Id: 1541519278 M-13's Geothermal Generators
Name: M-13's Geothermal Generators
- Id: 1541519735 M-13's Solar Panels
Name: M-13's Solar Panels
- Id: 1541520249 M-13's Watermill Generators
Name: M-13's Watermill Generators
- Id: 1541519923 M-13's Wind Turbines
Name: M-13's Wind Turbines
- Id: 1541520570 M-13's Wood-Fired Generators
Name: M-13's Wood-Fired Generators
- Id: Meals On Wheels - Release
Name: Meals On Wheels
- Id: 1528894129 Mechanite Forge
Name: Mechanite Forge Reborn
- Id: 1723521547 Mechanoid Power Source
Name: Mechanoid Power
- Id: 1055485938 Megafauna
Name: Megafauna
- Id: 735241897 MendAndRecycle
Name: MendAndRecycle
- Id: Mercenaries For Me
Name: Mercenaries For Me
- Id: 1497233916 Mercer's Backpacks + Nano Suit (1.0)
Name: Mercer's Backpacks + Nano Suit (B19)
- Id: MinifyEverything
Name: MinifyEverything
- Id: 1221668621 MiningCo. Spaceship
Name: MiningCo. Spaceship
- Id: MoreBatteries.1.0
Name: More Batteries
- Id: 1582686191 No Friendly Fire
Name: No Friendly Fire
- Id: Numbers
Name: Numbers
- Id: Pharmacist
Name: Pharmacist
- Id: PickUpAndHaul
Name: Pick Up And Haul
- Id: 1712142869 Pulsefire Turret
Name: Pulsefire Turret
- Id: Quarry-1.01
Name: Quarry 1.0
- Id: questtab
Name: Quest Tab
- Id: 1332119637 Range Finder
Name: Range Finder
- Id: RecipeIcons-master
Name: Recipe icons
- Id: Replace Stuff - Release
Name: Replace Stuff
- Id: 946390822 ResearchPal
Name: ResearchPal
- Id: RimCities
Name: RimCities
- Id: RimFridge
Name: '[KV] RimFridge - 1.0'
- Id: RimworldSearchAgency
Name: Rimworld Search Agency
- Id: 1695609511 Rimworld_ Spartan Foundry
Name: 'Rimworld: Spartan Foundry'
- Id: 1613783924 Roads of the Rim
Name: Roads of the Rim
- Id: RT_Fuse-1.0-1.2.1
Name: RT Fuse
- Id: 1470065926 [SYR] Set Up Camp
Name: '[SYR] Set Up Camp'
- Id: Share The Load - Release
Name: Share The Load
- Id: 1210535987 Shield Generators by Frontier Developments
Name: Shield Generators by Frontier Developments
- Id: 1790155285 Simple Turrets
Name: Simple Turrets
- Id: 10_SmallShelf
Name: '[1.0] Small Shelf'
- Id: SmartMedicine - Release
Name: Smart Medicine
- Id: snapout
Name: Snap Out!
- Id: StackXXL
Name: Stack XXL
- Id: TechAdvancing
Name: Tech Advancing
- Id: The Price Is Right - Release
Name: The Price Is Right
- Id: TilledSoil-1.0.2059
Name: Tilled Soil
- Id: 1803445973 Vanilla Fences
Name: Vanilla Fences
- Id: Wall Light
Name: Wall Light
- Id: WorkTab
Name: Work Tab
Master_Michl 1 Jan, 2020 @ 6:50am 
I'm having the same issue and it can be reproduced by trying to trigger the world event road works - I have rimcities, real ruins and many other mods. (Actually the trace looks a bit different when trying to trigger it manually.

Storyteller:

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks+<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<RandomNearbyTradeableSettlement>b__0 (RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase settlement) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[SettlementBase] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElement[SettlementBase] (IEnumerable`1 source, RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.GenCollection.RandomElementWithFallback[SettlementBase] (IEnumerable`1 source, RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks.RandomNearbyTradeableSettlement (Int32 originTile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks.CanFireNowSub (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms, Boolean forced) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu+<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey53.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister.DebugAction (System.String label, System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoIncidentDebugAction (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems_MapActions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.Dialog_OptionLister.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Manual:

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks/<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<RandomNearbyTradeableSettlement>b__0 (RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase) <0x00060>
at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>.MoveNext () <0x0016b>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>.AddEnumerable (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>) <0x000d7>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>) <0x000e5>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>) <0x00070>
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElement<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>,RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase&) <0x000df>
at Verse.GenCollection.RandomElementWithFallback<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase>,RimWorld.Planet.SettlementBase) <0x0005b>
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks.RandomNearbyTradeableSettlement (int) <0x00101>
at MoreFactionInteraction.IncidentWorker_RoadWorks.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x000c1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute_Patch2 (object,RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x0005c>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu/<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey53/<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey54.<>m__0 () <0x00131>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister.DebugAction (string,System.Action) <0x0014b>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister.DoListingItems () <0x000b7>
at Verse.Dialog_OptionLister.DoWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect) <0x004e3>
at Verse.Window/<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (int) <0x00882>

< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50