Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

The Mobile Sentry Gun
What if you're not Wrangling it?
If I don't have a wrangler, I would like this little building to follow me around, at least. If I die, it'll prioritize a teammate as its leader, most priority to following the builder/an Engineer.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
Xavier Bigot  [developer] 10 May, 2013 @ 3:45am 
Hi,
i don't know if it's hard to program. The other suggestion is to have a level 1 or mini sentry gun damage and a slow rotation speed when it auto aim.

And thank you for your interest of the sentry. :)
Last edited by Xavier Bigot; 10 May, 2013 @ 3:46am
Loneliest Gamer 10 May, 2013 @ 3:50am 
You're welcome. Also, it would be funny to see this little building follow a friendly Spy.
Hauntedshock 10 May, 2013 @ 8:26am 
thanks this wil be a lot of FUN in game
BryanII 10 May, 2013 @ 9:40am 
Why not have a cirtain amount of time that it stays out for,
Lewd Meow Skulls 10 May, 2013 @ 12:17pm 
it could help when facing snipers.
TrainManAphtanak 10 May, 2013 @ 12:55pm 
I think it should move kind of like a deployed heavy, Slow. But it could take about as much damage as a Heavy......Just suggestions, but.......you know.....
Xavier Bigot  [developer] 10 May, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
@TrainManMcGee: only valve can balance the damages and movement speed by testing weapons/builds several hours.
Anyway I have no hopes since they only accepts hats and miscs. :(
As awesome an idea and well modeled as this is,those damn robocrates will probably only have hats inside of them instead of this beauty :/ Still,this is a masterpiece and deserves to be put in the game.
Xavier Bigot  [developer] 11 May, 2013 @ 2:36am 
Thank you for this comment i really appreciate! :)
Hubbub 11 May, 2013 @ 10:30am 
OH MY! Having this little sentry follow you around like a little duckling, shooting every enemy in sight would be soooo over powered in many ocassions. I do believe it should move even without the wrangler, but only in a small radius of which it was built. Personally, having this with it's own AI and being able to roam the map freely would be awesome! Maybe the health could be greatly decreased, the damage could be nerfed, and it only costing 100 metal could make this a workable machine...again, only personal suggestions. This is the type of stuff that is revolutionary! I love what you did, and I would love it even more if I saw it in action!!!
Raptorian 11 May, 2013 @ 6:52pm 
Assuming this robot is tied to a new wrench (or even a new PDA), the new wrench grants a new mouse2/ mouse3 function; paint waypoint.

The robot will do its best to move to the last waypoint assigned to it, and the Wrangler will only take command of its turret while the robot can trundle along for strafing actions. Standard Wrangler buffs/ shields/ turret reboot times apply, but the robot can still move while the turret is rebooting or being overriden by the Wrangler.

You can assign a new waypoint while wrangling the robot's turret.

Should the Engy that built this thing die, it'd move to its last waypoint and then sit there gunning everything down (or being very vulnerable to everything, it depends on the waypoint). If it was being wrangled at the time it'll probably die (sitting still, rebooting its main gun) and it'd always be vulnerable to Spies as per all buildings.
Last edited by Raptorian; 6 Nov, 2013 @ 6:39pm
Jeff The Clown 11 May, 2013 @ 10:05pm 
how about it can be switched between tank and sentry
level 2 sentry or the tank
Sir Fragalicious 12 May, 2013 @ 8:26am 
I think that you should have a new type of wrangeler to be able to build it, therfore there is no confusion about what would happen.
Xavier Bigot  [developer] 12 May, 2013 @ 10:49am 
But what if you have a new wrangler and the gunslinger?
Penonox 12 May, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
Originally posted by Raptorian:
Assuming this robot is tied to a new wrench (or even a new PDA), the new wrench grants a new mouse2/ mouse3 function; paint waypoint.

The robot will do its best to move to the last waypoint assigned to it, and the Wrangler will only take command of its turret while the robot can trundle along for strafing actions. Standard Wrangler buffs/ shields/ turret reboot times apply, but the robot can still move while the turret is rebooting or being overriden by the Wrangler.

You can assign a new waypoint while wrangling the robot's turret.

Should the Engy that built this thing died, it'd move to its last waypoint and then sit there gunning everything down (or being very vulnerable to everything, it depends of the waypoint). If it was being wrangled at the time it'll probably die (sitting still, rebooting its main gun).
This sounds perfect.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
Per page: 1530 50