RimWorld

RimWorld

Replace Stuff
Uuugggg  [developer] 29 Apr, 2018 @ 3:46pm
Bug Reports
Lets keep the comments clean, report bugs here!

=========================
When submitting bugs
1) post debug log
2) be specific
3) don't be vague
4) post debug log
5) maybe explain why you think this mod is causing the problem

( I am honestly going to ignore things if I don't get these )
=========================

Vague reports can only get the response " well, that doesn't happen here "

---

The game produces log files. These are essential for debugging.

If you have HugsLib, press ctrl-F12 to upload logs

Or find logs here:
+ Windows: Steam/steamapps/common/Rimworld/RimWorld_Data/output_log.txt
+ Mac OS X: /Users/[Username]/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
+ Linux: Pass '-logfile /tmp/rimworld_log' to the RimWorld binary. It generates a log at that location.
And upload it all to pastebin.com or something
< >
Showing 1-15 of 342 comments
A Gas Canister. 2 May, 2018 @ 10:32am 
well, this isn't a very important bug, just a visual bug
1) doesn't show x10 materials with the replace tool (shows as x1)
2) when using per example silver (x10 material) with the replace tool it shows how much silver you will need but not in x10 (if i want to replace 3 wooden walls to silver it appears 15 and not 150)
3) i am not ??
4) there's no debug log, since it's visual?
5) isn't actually a problem but it's a annoying visual bug

idk if this the correct format or these are the rules...
maybe isn't a bug and maybe you forgot to show x10 materials as x10 and not x1?
Last edited by A Gas Canister.; 2 May, 2018 @ 10:35am
Uuugggg  [developer] 2 May, 2018 @ 5:47pm 
x10 That can probably be fixed ez
Cuddlebug 3 May, 2018 @ 4:27am 
Hello >w< I ran into a strange problem and it was fixed by disabling this Replace Stuff mod.
I was commanding my pawns to build power conduits inside walls throughout the place. They would complete the conduit builds *except* for around doors. I had to forbid the pawns from using the doors to be able to complete the conduits around them. I was playing with my friend who was having the same problem and he discovered uninstalling Replace Stuff seemed to resolve the issue. I reloaded the game without the mod and I didn't have to forbid doors anymore to complete conduits around them.

Edit: To describe a little more what happens ...
1) I command pawn to build power conduit lines near doors
2) Pawn runs to build but doesn't, "lines" completely poof (as if cancelled) when getting there

I tried building it from outside the house, but the same thing happens. Run to build with the proper amount of materials in hand, conduit icons poof. Something about the doors being nearby. Materials aren't consumed, it just as if the whole thing is canceled when the pawn gets there. The icons where I want to build the conduits disappear.

TLDR: Edit2: *Blueprints* of power conduits around doors disappear as soon as a pawn gets there to try and build! I couldn't think of the word. >w< BLUEPRINTS. Weather was "clear" (saw your comment about fog weather).
Last edited by Cuddlebug; 3 May, 2018 @ 4:56am
Uuugggg  [developer] 3 May, 2018 @ 9:58am 
Okay that sounds reproducible,

let me go out and eat breakfast, watch Infinity War again, then I'll probably remember to look at this.
Uuugggg  [developer] 3 May, 2018 @ 4:17pm 
Hey no,

I am not actually seeing problems with disappearing power

How about: does this happen with just Replace Stuff? Could be a conflict with another mod, need more info.
Also, sometimes my colonists break walls when putting in a over-the-wall vent, specifically. Somtimes. Not all the time. I am using the Smooth Walls mod to build some parts of my base in a mountain; could that be it? Are they recognizing that the wall isn't actually a built wall, see it as ore, and destroy it to build the vent? Would be nice to be compatible.
Cuddlebug 3 May, 2018 @ 6:37pm 
Yes, it just happens with Replace Stuff. Haven't had blueprint problems since I disabled it.
Last edited by Cuddlebug; 3 May, 2018 @ 6:37pm
Forekast 3 May, 2018 @ 8:11pm 
Seconding the conduit/doorway issue. The conduit blueprint gets cancelled as soon as any pawn tries to place the steel on the spot. You think it's an interaction between two mods?

Edit: Blueprints get cancelled when any pawn moves into the *space* where the blueprint is. Which also seems to cancel any conduit blueprints that are adjacent to the doorway being passed through. Weird.
Last edited by Forekast; 3 May, 2018 @ 8:14pm
M-meijer 5 May, 2018 @ 2:48am 
if you place a animals sleeping spot in the wall by accident it deleted the wall
dan 6 May, 2018 @ 11:14am 
Thirding the conduit issue. It cancels if an adjacent door is used. Nothing in debug log.
unwavering 6 May, 2018 @ 4:20pm 
Originally posted by Cuddlebug:
Hello >w< I ran into a strange problem and it was fixed by disabling this Replace Stuff mod.
I was commanding my pawns to build power conduits inside walls throughout the place. They would complete the conduit builds *except* for around doors. I had to forbid the pawns from using the doors to be able to complete the conduits around them. I was playing with my friend who was having the same problem and he discovered uninstalling Replace Stuff seemed to resolve the issue. I reloaded the game without the mod and I didn't have to forbid doors anymore to complete conduits around them.

Edit: To describe a little more what happens ...
1) I command pawn to build power conduit lines near doors
2) Pawn runs to build but doesn't, "lines" completely poof (as if cancelled) when getting there

I tried building it from outside the house, but the same thing happens. Run to build with the proper amount of materials in hand, conduit icons poof. Something about the doors being nearby. Materials aren't consumed, it just as if the whole thing is canceled when the pawn gets there. The icons where I want to build the conduits disappear.

TLDR: Edit2: *Blueprints* of power conduits around doors disappear as soon as a pawn gets there to try and build! I couldn't think of the word. >w< BLUEPRINTS. Weather was "clear" (saw your comment about fog weather).

I'm having this same issue. I lay the conduit blueprint and if anyone walks through the door, the blueprint disappears in the doorway and the adjacent wall tiles.
Uuugggg  [developer] 7 May, 2018 @ 6:36am 
Fixes:

10x materials is in
Power conduits don't disappear under doors (per @unwavering, trigger was a pawn walking through the door)
modded walls should work for over-wall coolers (any building that coversFloors and isn't rock)
unwavering 7 May, 2018 @ 9:18am 
Originally posted by Uuugggg:
Fixes:

10x materials is in
Power conduits don't disappear under doors (per @unwavering, trigger was a pawn walking through the door)
modded walls should work for over-wall coolers (any building that coversFloors and isn't rock)

Wow, that was fast. This mod is great btw. Should really be the default vanilla ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
DeltaDrag00n 8 May, 2018 @ 3:50pm 
i got somthing wrong with this everytime now my builders replace something they fail to replace like my wood chairs to steel and so on even my level 17 builder fails them all the time dont know why

Edit: ok i think i know why think i had a big build order that my pawns are getting around to that was from the last virsion of this mod new orders seem to work
Last edited by DeltaDrag00n; 8 May, 2018 @ 3:53pm
Lurmey 31 May, 2018 @ 1:56pm 
I'm having odd issues with this. It appears to work in most cases but in very few select cases, my colonists simply won't construct the placed frame. They take the materials there but never build it. I even restricted my constructor to an area where the only thing she could do is replace the things (a turret and some counters from More Furniture) with a material from the Carbon mod (C-composite, specifically) and she simply doesn't do it, just idles.

It worked when replacing pine-wood walls (Expanded Woodworking) with granite walls but doesn't want to work with these things. It also didn't work when replacing the material of a drug lab from regular wood (called mixed lumber in my game, but is just renamed vanilla wood) to birch lumber.

I have no idea what could be causing this, and I doubt the log files would be much help aside from seeing what mods I have installed as there doesn't appear to be any errors. I'll provide them here anyway, using HugsLib. {LINK REMOVED}

It might be something to do with using modded materials, since every time it's failed I've been trying to replace to a modded material, C-composite and birch lumber, while the time it worked I was using a vanilla material, granite.

I think that covers everything... About as far from vague as I can be, provided log file, the issue is with this mod specifically so #5 is irrelevant.

EDIT: Ooh, actually! I just remembered one other case that worked which kinda refutes my hypothesis of it being to do with using modded materials. Around the time I set the turret and counters to replace (seen here:) https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1399528485
I also set a birch stool to be replaced with C-composite. As you can see in the screenshot, it was successful but the others aren't. Weird. You can also see the drug lab I spoke of in the top of that screenshot, too. :P
Last edited by Lurmey; 31 May, 2018 @ 2:08pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 342 comments
Per page: 1530 50