Don't Starve

Don't Starve

Pickle's First Person Mod
Pickleplayer  [developer] 21 Apr, 2018 @ 6:55pm
Bugs and Issues
Post any bugs or crashes here! bonus points if you can get me a screenshot of the crash screen

Bug fixes so far:
*Fixed a bug that caused cameras to slide in one direction when moving the mouse for certain resolutions
*fixed a bug causing some objects to become invisible in third person mode
*fixed a bug that caused darkness to sometimes linger in third person
*Disabled the "keep action buffer" settings due to a rare bug that caused lag spikes during combat
Last edited by Pickleplayer; 26 Apr, 2018 @ 6:20pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
!? 22 Apr, 2018 @ 2:05am 
When moving mouse in any direction it makes camera go a little bit up. You can move mouse down very slowly and see camera going up
NeddoFreddo 22 Apr, 2018 @ 4:30am 
Some bugs (albeit minor) I found:
The player model goes invisible when you get ressurected at a touchstone in first person mode (and other animations similar, like Warly/Maxwell's intro)
Looking around feels much smoother when you're on a boat in SW (don't know if this is intentional but personally I like it better)
Riding boats with sails makes the boat hop around and not keep up with the player's camera. Also the sail is quite obstructive to the view.
Mod looks great so far and it's really fun to play with!
Last edited by NeddoFreddo; 22 Apr, 2018 @ 11:24pm
Happy Hat 23 Apr, 2018 @ 10:34am 
I don´t see fire pit.
It´s "fun" finding it when night startes . I can see the fire itself but not the stones around. It gets more visible when I change camera and swipe cursor on it. I hope it was helpfull.
Pickleplayer  [developer] 24 Apr, 2018 @ 3:13pm 
Originally posted by karak:
I don´t see fire pit.
It´s "fun" finding it when night startes . I can see the fire itself but not the stones around. It gets more visible when I change camera and swipe cursor on it. I hope it was helpfull. [/quote]

Yea, sorry about that... patched that out last night, should be fixed now. Funny enough, you were actually the very first person to report this bug, despide the mod being out for days now. Thank you for taking the time to tell me
Last edited by Pickleplayer; 24 Apr, 2018 @ 3:14pm
Pickleplayer  [developer] 26 Apr, 2018 @ 6:21pm 
Originally posted by !?:
When moving mouse in any direction it makes camera go a little bit up. You can move mouse down very slowly and see camera going up

Finally got a fix for this bug! It's in the 1.1 patch
trash♡ 29 Apr, 2018 @ 3:34am 
Crashed when I was harvesting from a sapling. Using a controller and I know you said it's "somewhat compatible" but here's a screenshot of the crash screen in any case.

https://steamproxy.net/profiles/76561198000167032/screenshots/
Parker 9 May, 2018 @ 12:58am 
Abigail seems to have an outline that makes the skybox behind it transparent.

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1381604194
[SNP]Rancor 9 May, 2018 @ 11:05am 
Seeing as every other post isn't reporting this issue, I have to assume that map rotating in such a way "north" is always in the direction player is looking is something that happens only on my end.

This surely will make it a lot harder to find where the problem lies in, but well as great as the mod is, not being able to use the map is rendering me almost unable to play the game. Hopefully you'll be able to solve it quick though o/
Parker 9 May, 2018 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by SNPRancor:
Seeing as every other post isn't reporting this issue, I have to assume that map rotating in such a way "north" is always in the direction player is looking is something that happens only on my end.

This surely will make it a lot harder to find where the problem lies in, but well as great as the mod is, not being able to use the map is rendering me almost unable to play the game. Hopefully you'll be able to solve it quick though o/

I don't really see this as an issue. When you rotate your camera in the normal game it changes which way the map points too. Plus, you can always make a compass if you're getting lost.
Last edited by Parker; 9 May, 2018 @ 3:37pm
Valentine Price 20 May, 2018 @ 5:47am 
Crashes with RPG HUD / RPG HUD Neat mod. I think it`s because both this and your mod have "Field of View" option and they are conflicting but I don`t know how to fix it myself
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1390464718
Last edited by Valentine Price; 20 May, 2018 @ 5:49am
Pickleplayer  [developer] 26 May, 2018 @ 12:12pm 
Originally posted by aka_Price:
Crashes with RPG HUD / RPG HUD Neat mod. I think it`s because both this and your mod have "Field of View" option and they are conflicting but I don`t know how to fix it myself
Yes, it looks like RPG HUD's fov settings are overwriting the changes I had to directly make to the followcamera file. But I looked into it's code, and it looks like it only overwrites the followcamera file if the FOV settings are set to anything other than default (35)
So if you set your FOV settings in the rpg hud mod back to 35, you should be able to use both mods together.
I'm surprised the RPG hud mod edits the camera at all.
Pickleplayer  [developer] 22 Jun, 2018 @ 2:12pm 
Originally posted by StuckInaDuck2030:
Bro I have the black screen bug

Woa, that's a new one.
Can you give me a list of mods you are using along with it? I'll look into it
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50